The Voice 🌟 Season 25 🌟 Spoilers/News/Updates Reba, Dan & Shay, Legend, Chance

Someone648

It's funny about "Half Of My Heart" - that was the jam back in college days. John Mayer himself conceived of the idea of him being Tom Petty and TSwift being his Stevie Nicks, but that song barely has Swift, and certainly doesn't have the constant duet interplay of "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around". It's a very good song however, and you can tell it's very personal to Mayer and he's always at his element with his mid-tempo bluesy dream-state vibe. It's good to hear it on the show.

But it's absolutely hilarious this was given to Anya and AJ. In theory, bluesy stuff fits both of them, but probably not this song because it's not personal to them. You probably need a legit songwriter with lived experiences to tell this story, and that's rarely on this show. Although TSwift and Mayer had a huge age gap when they sang it, it was mostly Mayer for most of it. Here, they were actually duetting, age gap exists, believability in the two embracing the lyrics is nonexistent. In whatever limited time we saw AJ  treat it like a jaunt, probably because he knows this is a sabotage song. He also seemed to have a weirdly deferential style in what little we saw, with Anya carrying the song, which is hilarious if we swapped it with TSwift carrying the song and Mayer's on background vocals. Anya certainly put the Olivia Rodrigo spin on this one. It's unfortunate that the idea of AJ seemed better than the execution, but AJ always had pop sensibilities that seemed to undercut the folky core he represented himself as, and that might have confused the coaches.

The battles are really a test for whichever contestant wants it more, sabotage song or not. It's also a test for deferential personalities. Ashley Bryant won off-genre against Elyscia, but also had the higher memorability/care factor with the vocal tinge/acrobatics.

I'm guessing Bryan Olesen is in for Team Legend for the long haul? This really seem like a girl's season; I think Olesen, like AJ Harvey, has too much of an omnivorous style to paint a cohesive image for voters. He's gonna bite off more than he can chew at some point, even though his recorded work in his prime was awesome (and non-vote bait material, ironically). Schuesler gives the appearance of someone people might vote for, lookin' like Laine Hardy and having a performance style like a less distinct Noah Mac. He's got good musical taste, but I think he needs a tad more seasoning. He's not consistent throughout his musical choices, and his battle style was deferential. He might make the voting rounds because short of R&B belters, they need someone like him to round the genre numbers. I rep Huntington Beach, but historically, SoCal doesn't do anything for voters. 

• Like 1

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catching up…

- On rewatch I can see why people prefer Kyle but I guess tone wise I still pick Madison. Both deserved to move on though

- Not totally sold on Olivia but not mad at her getting a steal either, I think she did well enough and sold the attitude of the song

- Genre wise Josh doesn’t much appeal to me but I thought both of his performances so far were strong, really enjoyed him here. I didn’t care for Donny, his growls sounded irritating

- Ducote is still a no from me

- Unpop I guess but Serenity’s BA wasn't that great either so I’m not that shocked by this, but uhh yeah nothing nice to say so I’ll move on

- I don’t think anyone’s disputing that Gene won but Ronnie was kinda robbed?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Gene/Val/Bryan/Mafe is crazy strong oh my god

And yes that Omar/Kim/Parijita top 3 is iconic

would be ideal for one of Mafe or Val to get stolen so we can have all four in the lives

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

John better win this season with Gene or Bryan. What scares me though is that he or the producers are gonna mess up the song choices. RITD and WIWYM do not spell a promising start for either.

i think i half agree. on one hand rolling in the deep for bryan and nathan was... a troubling song choice, to say the least, but, on the other hand... i mean, bryan kinda slayed to be honest, and this is coming from someone who doesn't absolutely love bryan. i think at the very least his performance eased a little bit of my worries because it showed that he can make the most of a bad song choice – not that we should depend on that, but it's good to know bryan is a little more of a chameleon then he let on at first.

as far wiwym... yeah not gonna lie as good as gene and ronnie did that song choice is giving "my favorite ice cream flavor is vanilla!" so john better step it up cus gene deserves better 

• Like 1

It seems like at least half of our Playoff spots are confirmed.

Team Legend: Gene, Bryan

Team D+S: Karen, Madison

Team Chance: Serenity, Kyle, Nadege

Team Reba: Jackie, L, Justin & Jeremy

???: Olivia

Who’s taking the last 9 spots?

8 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

It seems like at least half of our Playoff spots are confirmed.

Team Legend: Gene, Bryan

Team D+S: Karen, Madison

Team Chance: Serenity, Kyle, Nadege

Team Reba: Jackie, L, Justin & Jeremy

???: Olivia

Who’s taking the last 9 spots?

I think the following are most likely in:

Asher (Team Reba)

Josh (Team Reba)

Maddi (Team Chance)

Frank (Team Dan+Shay)

Mafe (Team Legend)

I could also see Dani, Val, Zoe, and Tae making it through either being stolen or winning. Honestly though the only person who is 100% not making it past the KOs is Zeya.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

Asher (Team Reba)

Josh (Team Reba)

Maddi (Team Chance)

Frank (Team Dan+Shay)

Mafe (Team Legend)

I could also see Dani, Val, Zoe, and Tae making it through either being stolen or winning. Honestly though the only person who is 100% not making it past the KOs is Zeya.

I also think Val is definitely making it to the Playoffs and even lives,John loves his R&b/soul women 

As good as Tae is,I hope Dan+Shay steal Nathan instead,would love to see Shay coach someone who can keep up with him vocally and they don't have an R&b artist anyway.Dani might be a good steal for them too 

I feel like they're not gonna drop Anya, they (especially Shay) seem to really like her . She's young,is very Minivan friendly and has lots more to showcase. Dropping Kyle could potentially be a mistake on their part if Chance for some reason snaps out of his stupidity and puts him through to the lives 

From team Reba, Josh and Ashley might be interchangeable.Reba seems more loyal to country females so I could see her in the playoffs too 

Edited by Tmp 12

53 minutes ago, pepperman said:

do we know the format for Lives this season yet?   will it be like it was last season?  

I think 12-9-5. Same as last season. The season finale is on May 21 because AGT starts on May 28 while we have KOs for the next 2 weeks and Playoffs 2 weeks after that (basically full April for KOs and Playoffs). They could do a special episode like "Best of the Blinds, Battles... or something else" which will occupy a week, and then 3 weeks of live shows. It's a money-saving season so we can't have more live shows.

Also I think for future seasons:

If we have a top 12, it will be 12-9-5.

If we have a top 13, it will be 13-10-8-5.

And not sure if the playoffs will be live anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Someone648 said:

And yes that Omar/Kim/Parijita top 3 is iconic

4 hours ago, Kenneth96 said:

Seriously John has the best live team in season 22. That top 3 is legendary and seeing them all land in the bottom 4 in the semifinals is even more iconic (in the worst way)

Blake bias at its absolute worst.  The Blakers absolutely screwed John (and even Gwen) that season.  He may one of the nicest, funniest men ever, but that travesty laid it bare just how desperately he needed to go.  And I couldn't be happier that he finally did, even it took one more season for it to happen.

• Like 2

The thing about Asher, is that in theory, we could consider him a frontrunner or a possible finalist, but Reba is very pro-country, and she´s paired him against a country guy in KOs. I geniuenly don´t know.

52 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The thing about Asher, is that in theory, we could consider him a frontrunner or a possible finalist, but Reba is very pro-country, and she´s paired him against a country guy in KOs. I geniuenly don´t know.

if Asher loses the KO and performs at the level he’s been doing so far, he better get stolen. i would say i want john legend to have him but his team is too stacked and i don’t want another alicia keys season 14 / niall season 24

This is the first time I'm actually sitting & reading through the Hollywood Junket article

Reba has a powerhouse singer who ends up being her Playoff Pass.  She sang a Pink song.  The performance was hitting on all cylinders from beginning to end.  It was a bit too much over the top for most of the coaches.  They wanted to see her reel it in some.  They also said the song choice wasn’t the best.  John and the other coaches agreed, it was not her best performance. This artist also agreed.

So I guess the judges didn't like L's playoff performance :( 

Reba STOLE 17-year-old twins from a coach (you’ll have to watch).  ALL of the coaches said their “blood harmony” was on point.  John noted that this was the first performance where their harmonization was on point.  He was alluding to the fact that they improved under Reba’s coaching.  Their former coach took offense in a playful way.

I'm very afraid that Reba's going to take these two to the lives

The gloves came off during one artist’s Blind Audition between Reba and Dan + Shay.  They were fighting each other for this artist who blew the roof off the place with 1974 song Dixieland.  He is a solid Country artist contender and most likely will make it to the Live Shows (we are predicting). 

He was praised for interacting with the band during his performance, as well as bringing high energy. 

Who could this be about? Maybe Josh?

2 hours ago, indii said:

This is the first time I'm actually sitting & reading through the Hollywood Junket article

So I guess the judges didn't like L's playoff performance :( 

I'm very afraid that Reba's going to take these two to the lives

Who could this be about? Maybe Josh?

This turned out to be fake, it was based from the auditions

4 hours ago, Kenneth96 said:

Don't give them any click, Those trash article are the laziest crap that has been popping around.  You have nothing interesting to write. Just search social media for a random guy that post something negative then go with it. 

• Like 4

my thoughts post battles:

Overall, I liked the arrangements, finally we got covers more fresh. Some worked better than others.

Team Legend:

Oh my god, incredible. I confirmed my love for Gene, but I was surprised by Jackie and Nathan (his audition was good, but I didn't expect this performance in battles).

Mafe's voice is so moving, but I still hear it shaky, and that doesn't allow me to enjoy it 100%.

Team Dan+Shay

very intrigued by Frank, such a clear and penetrating voice. Reminds me of Sheldon from TVAU.

I love Olivia's style. Her voice is what I expected from Claudia last season.

Team Chance

Nadége needs to improve, but that tone is undeniable.

RLETTO is a good good surprise. I'm in.

Team Reba

No comments.

On 3/27/2024 at 1:08 AM, FloorWax said:

Asher (Team Reba)

Josh (Team Reba)

Maddi (Team Chance)

Frank (Team Dan+Shay)

Mafe (Team Legend)

agreed, although with chance you never know what hes thinking lmao