American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

Tbh I'm already curious about what next season will look like.  Going into S21 it was pretty clear the winner was going to either be a POC or a female, no way they were ever going to have 3 white guys win back to back. However, now that Iam has won, TPTB have bought themselves some time before they need another "diverse" winner. I'm just wondering if they will (finally) try and go for a female winner next year, or if they will just see where it ends up naturally, since they just had a diverse winner.

Probably going to head back into IDF hibernation now (tho not officially until I finish IDF's ratings thread) until DWTS starts. It was fun watching will you all once again and hope to see everybody back in December for spoilers! ❤️ 

6 minutes ago, m1key said:

Probably going to head back into IDF hibernation now (tho not officially until I finish IDF's ratings thread)

You did a way better job than me in that regard, and which is worse is that AI had a lot more performances than The Voice :haha:

5 hours ago, m1key said:

Tbh I'm already curious about what next season will look like.  Going into S21 it was pretty clear the winner was going to either be a POC or a female, no way they were ever going to have 3 white guys win back to back. However, now that Iam has won, TPTB have bought themselves some time before they need another "diverse" winner. I'm just wondering if they will (finally) try and go for a female winner next year, or if they will just see where it ends up naturally, since they just had a diverse winner.

Probably going to head back into IDF hibernation now (tho not officially until I finish IDF's ratings thread) until DWTS starts. It was fun watching will you all once again and hope to see everybody back in December for spoilers! ❤️ 

I’d kill for a pop girl winner. Gina Miles just proved it’s still doable on the Voice which i assume is basically the same voting demo 🙏🏻 I want to belieeeveee

On 5/23/2023 at 9:08 PM, Carrie_On said:

If Katy quits, they should just do a clean sweep of the judging panel. Hell, I’m sure Keith, Jennifer and Harry would all sign-on again lmao (even though I think that panel was overrated.) 

Or maybe Keith, Alanis and Harry would do a fine job.  At least Keith would be more constructive than Luke and might be less biased towards country singers, not to mention he might be less inclined to choose predictable songs than Luke.  And Harry would be a good version of the "mean judge" within limits, of course.  And I liked Alanis as a guest judge more than Katy, although Katy did have good taste in song choices.

Edited by CarmenSandiego
  • Like 2

On 5/24/2023 at 1:35 PM, m1key said:

I hope that they get another female winner.  Pop, rock or folk it doesn't matter much although I might be more inclined to get a single by a pop or folk winner if only because I don't really like rock.

Feel like these seasons have done a good job of covering rock, rnb, indie, country and pop.

But I want an artist that goes far with a high level of musicianship and at least very good singing, someone like Alejandro.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Feel like these seasons have done a good job of covering rock, rnb, indie, country and pop.

But I want an artist that goes far with a high level of musicianship and at least very good singing, someone like Alejandro.

I didn't think that Alejandro had a very good singing voice.  But I agree that it would be nice to have someone go far with a high level of musicianship and a very good to great singing voice.

• Like 2

Alejandro needs to PROJECT his voice more. It's better than most people (including himself!) give him credit for. IMO

I want a rock chick. lol

We have pop, country, singer songwriter, R&B, soul, and so many others.

Just need a rock lady! 🙂

18 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

Alejandro needs to PROJECT his voice more. It's better than most people (including himself!) give him credit for. IMO

I want a rock chick. lol

We have pop, country, singer songwriter, R&B, soul, and so many others.

Just need a rock lady! 🙂

I mean. I kinda considered Kaeyra rock adjacent, and ofc Casey Bishop. 

I actually think male rock singers have been just as uncommon lately in the ABC era. Zachariah, and...?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Who's Hailey?  Just curious.

Sorry lol. Hailey Mia from the Voice Season 22 made a comment on an idol audition post that made it seem like she was auditioning. (she deleted it) 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

i would be sad if Lionel Ritchie left .

8 hours ago, Elliott said:

Probably not actually happening, but Alanis and Demi on the panel???

Giving Big Brother GIF

IGNORE.  DON'T ENGAGE.  THIS IS A CON.  This Poster is not a credible source.  He only has about 300 Followers and is posting just to get attention, more followers.

• Thanks 1

I am very active within the Lovatic fandom (Demi is my fave artist) and this is surprisingly not the first time I've heard a rumor about her joining next season. Tbh I hope it doesn't happen because Minivan would totally send an overwhelming amount of hate to them...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, m1key said:

I am very active within the Lovatic fandom (Demi is my fave artist) and this is surprisingly not the first time I've heard a rumor about her joining next season. Tbh I hope it doesn't happen because Minivan would totally send an overwhelming amount of hate to them...

Demi did ok on the X Factor as a judge.

• Like 2