American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

4 minutes ago, istersay said:

I thought so too :yes:

if those 2 join the panel I might be forced to watch idol again :rofl:

Same. I watched the first episode of the first season of the ABC reboot, hated it, and I went over to The Voice instead. I tried watching two years ago, still wasn't impressed. If they change the panel, I will maybe watch, even though it probably won't change much.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ethan F-R said:

Same. I watched the first episode of the first season of the ABC reboot, hated it, and I went over to The Voice instead. I tried watching two years ago, still wasn't impressed. If they change the panel, I will maybe watch, even though it probably won't change much.

I'm not sure if it'll change but might be worth a try, I'll still watch the voice for sure though

• Like 1

Spoilers are so much, so much harder when all auditions are online. It's basically a level playing field right now. When in-person sites are announced, it becomes a lot easier.

Edited by Craig

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/26/2023 at 11:01 AM, Elliott said:

Probably not actually happening, but Alanis and Demi on the panel???

Giving Big Brother GIF

So, there was no truth to this.

People can rag on Chayce and Noah, but they along with Kelly, Carrie, Jordin, Phillip, Scotty, Fantasia as the only winners who have more than a 1M Monthly listeners on Spotify.  That's out of 21 winners.

I'm sure there will be the endless polls on how this will be girl's season, etc.  But who cares.  Because it's more important who can have a career after the show - instead of being forgotten once the show is done.

Edited by mytake1

Not shocking. I always love to entertain some rumours, but besides the sketchy headlines about Katy being unhappy on Idol, it was always very likely going to be the same panel. Katy, Lionel, and Luke are apart of the brand of the show now. Changing the panel could cause more damage than benefits at this point (unless they were able to pull in a *major* name) 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1

Best news. The last time the show has went nearly this long without changing judges was the Jennifer/Keith/Harry panel that lasted three seasons. Better to dance with the devil you know than the angel you don’t. Change judges around too much and you could end up with another Mariah and Nicki situation that caused the show to take a huge dive. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2023 at 9:19 PM, m1key said:

It appears that someone who made Top 20 last season auditioned for the judges again 🫢

Also, the Hailey Mia rumours are looking like they could be true!

The bad news is that if you need to come back and audition for Idol - means you haven't made any traction off the show, i.e., no record deal.

6 hours ago, mytake1 said:

The bad news is that if you need to come back and audition for Idol - means you haven't made any traction off the show, i.e., no record deal.

There are many semi-finalists and even some finalists over the years that such happened to.

19 hours ago, StarWalker1 said:

when can we start to expect spoilers to come out?

auditions have started so there are following circles/possibly some posts of contestants who have auditioned, but we won't know the Top 50-60 until mid December. basically we still got some time lol.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 12:05 PM, m1key said:

auditions have started so there are following circles/possibly some posts of contestants who have auditioned, but we won't know the Top 50-60 until mid December. basically we still got some time lol.

Are the auditions in Las Vegas? I don’t follow this show, so sorry if that seems like a dumb question. Someone mentioned above is there right now.