American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

14 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Are the auditions in Las Vegas? I don’t follow this show, so sorry if that seems like a dumb question. Someone mentioned above is there right now.  

The auditions are usually in a couple different cities.

Edited by QueenKalie

Virtual auditions apparently ended on October 11. Preliminary producer auditions took place from August 4 - September 8 in several locations.

Season 21 auditions in front of the judges were taped in Las Vegas, Nashville, and New Orleans.

However, season 22 auditions are reportedly being filmed in five different cities, including the hometowns of each of the three judges. The judges were seen in Leesburg, Georgia, on September 19 and in Tuskegee, Alabama, on October 2.

Katy grew up in Santa Barbara, California. She turned 39 on October 25. Her next show at The Theatre at Resorts World in Las Vegas is October 31. She's also appearing there on November 1 and 3, with the final show of her Las Vegas residency scheduled on November 4.

Luke Bryan performed in Raleigh, NC on October 26. He has concerts on October 27 at John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville, VA and on October 28 at Credit One Stadium in Charleston, SC.

Lionel Richie's Dancing on the Sand is November 30 - December 3 at Atlantis in the Bahamas.

Edited by RTV

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Are the auditions in Las Vegas? Someone mentioned above is there right now.  

I doubt auditions are being taped with judges in Las Vegas today due to Luke Bryan's tour schedule. I don't know whether contestants are there preparing to film on a later date, though.

2 hours ago, RTV said:

I doubt auditions are being taped with judges in Las Vegas today due to Luke Bryan's tour schedule. I don't know whether contestants are there preparing to film on a later date, though.

They probably just arrived, so if it has anything to do with the show, they wouldn’t likely be taping auditions yet anyway.

32 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

They probably just arrived, so if it has anything to do with the show, they wouldn’t likely be taping auditions yet anyway.

Yeah. Katy's residency ends November 4. On November 8, Luke and Peyton Manning are co-hosting the CMA Awards live from Nashville and Luke is also performing a medley of his singles for the show. But it appears the judges could tape auditions on most dates in November.

15 minutes ago, m1key said:

If I'm not mistaken, at the 9 second mark, I see Hailey Mia from The Voice S21. 

Hopefully she can get as far as she can get, she has improved a lot since her season.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Here’s the female country singer shown at :16. She has her name on her guitar strap, so it was easy to find.

https://instagram.com/theselacampbell?igshid=OGQ5ZDc2ODk2ZA==

If you want to know more about Sela, she and her parents answer a few questions in this 12/13/22 video that also includes Sela performing a little of "Jolene" and "Coal Miner's Daughter."

I came across this 09/19/23 article tonight. It includes a video of the judges in Luke Bryan's hometown of Leesburg, Georgia, and photos of preparations for filming there.

https://www.walb.com/2023/09/20/leesburg-welcomes-native-luke-bryan-american-idol-judges-show-auditions

“This season, it’s all about celebrating hometowns,” Melissa Elfar, an American Idol producer, said. “We’re starting with our judges and then it goes down to our contestants. So we are really going to learn about all of our contestants, their hometowns, where they come from, and really give people all across the country a chance at stardom. A chance to make their dreams come true.”

Some viewers only care about the music, while others like myself enjoy learning about the contestants. The hometown visits have always been a highlight for me, so I think the upcoming season will be interesting.

• Like 1

People who auditioned it looks like

- Scarlett Lee (s15 X Factor UK Alum)

- Hailey Mia (s21 The Voice US Alum)

- Sela Campbell

- Bethany Teague

- MacKenzie Sol

- Will Mosely 

- Zae Romeo (S16 The Voice US Alum)

- Dawson Lade

Names in video

:9 - Hailey Mia