Which Raspy Blue Eyed Soul Man Do You Prefer

Jaffy

Which Raspy Blue Eyed Soul Man Do You Prefer?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which Raspy Blue Eyed Soul Man Do You Prefer?

3 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

theyre-the-same-picture-the-office.gif

Fellow Todd conspiracy theorists will get this! 🤪 /joking

I so want to pair them in my If The Winners Battled and pick Josh, but then I have Jordan and he’s better than them and more like Josh genre wise.

Edited by Jaffy

1 minute ago, Jaffy said:

I so want to pair them in my If The Winners Battled and pick Josh, but then I have Jordan and he’s better than them and more like Josh genre wise.

ooh i see, excited to see how the winners battled comes out!

also @Teraginn, come defend your faves! you can't let them get attacked like this! /joking /lighthearted

• Like 1

Josh >>>

I know Todd had less performances and they weren't live. But I just prefer Josh's style of music and the songs he did.

Also, even if Todd's run was live he wouldn't have a performance as good as Stay With Me or Love Runs Out.

• Like 1

Josh is the better vocalist, but I have mixed feelings about his tone and I always felt that his runs were sometimes a bit wild and not well placed.

I prefer Todd's tone, but the lack of variety in his performances made his run a bit boring, even though he was consistent vocally.

Soo.. Todd ig?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, QueenCami said:

ooh i see, excited to see how the winners battled comes out!

also @Teraginn, come defend your faves! you can't let them get attacked like this! /joking /lighthearted

you won’t see for at least a year bc he plans to wait until after S24 :haha:

• Thanks 2

OK first of all, neither one of these guys are even blue-eyed, so this premise is already shot, and furthermore-

Nah just kidding, I can't be mad at an excuse to harp on about my two winning Golden Snowflakes™! Anyway, these guys may look and sound similar on a surface level, but they couldn't be any more different. Josh's soulfulness is more on the R'n'B/funk/psychedelic rock spectrum, while Todd is more on the pop/gospel/country/CCM side of things. Technically speaking, Josh has a lot more to work with in his toolbox, and he's much more vocally agile than Todd, who tends to focus on holding out glory notes when making a vocal moment. Emotion-wise, it's honestly dead-even, both singers imbue so much feeling with every note they sang, but if I were to choose who's ahead, it's gonna be Todd. He's just very earnest and intentional, especially when he's singing his original music. Speaking of, when it comes to original music, Josh definitely excites me more, he's a very eclectic songwriter who likes showing a lot of his influences in his music. Todd is very new to the songwriting game, so he still has a lot to learn in that regard. As to whose Voice season I like more, I think Josh's edges Todd's out simply because he actually sang live for most of his journey. Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the heck out of cheering for Todd along with the entirety of Meridian, Mississippi. 

So in conclusion, I think I love Josh's journey a bit more that Todd's, but in all seriousness, I am so blessed to call myself a fan of these two terrific artists, I had the pleasure of talking to and being acknowledged by them even well after their seasons, and they will forever be enshrined in my Pantheon™. 

That enough for ya @QueenCami?

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Teraginn said:

OK first of all, neither one of these guys are even blue-eyed, so this premise is already shot, and furthermore-

Nah just kidding, I can't be mad at an excuse to harp on about my two winning Golden Snowflakes™! Anyway, these guys may look and sound similar on a surface level, but they couldn't be any more different. Josh's soulfulness is more on the R'n'B/funk/psychedelic rock spectrum, while Todd is more on the pop/gospel/country/CCM side of things. Technically speaking, Josh has a lot more to work with in his toolbox, and he's much more vocally agile than Todd, who tends to focus on holding out glory notes when making a vocal moment. Emotion-wise, it's honestly dead-even, both singers imbue so much feeling with every note they sang, but if I were to choose who's ahead, it's gonna be Todd. He's just very earnest and intentional, especially when he's singing his original music. Speaking of, when it comes to original music, Josh definitely excites me more, he's a very eclectic songwriter who likes showing a lot of his influences in his music. Todd is very new to the songwriting game, so he still has a lot to learn in that regard. As to whose Voice season I like more, I think Josh's edges Todd's out simply because he actually sang live for most of his journey. Doesn't mean I enjoyed the heck out of cheering for Todd along with the entirety of Meridian, Mississippi. 

So in conclusion, I think I love Josh's journey a bit more that Todd's, but in all seriousness, I am so blessed to call myself a fan of these two terrific artists, I had the pleasure of talking to and being acknowledged by them even well after their seasons, and they will forever be enshrined in my Pantheon™. 

that’s a lot of words so i won’t read it rn (see: established laziness), but it looks long so that’s great!

Edited by QueenCami
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Teraginn said:

Nah just kidding, I can't be mad at an excuse to harp on about my two winning Golden Snowflakes™! Anyway, these guys may look and sound similar on a surface level, but they couldn't be any more different. Josh's soulfulness is more on the R'n'B/funk/psychedelic rock spectrum, while Todd is more on the pop/gospel/country/CCM side of things. Technically speaking, Josh has a lot more to work with in his toolbox, and he's much more vocally agile than Todd, who tends to focus on holding out glory notes when making a vocal moment. Emotion-wise, it's honestly dead-even, both singers imbue so much feeling with every note they sang, but if I were to choose who's ahead, it's gonna be Todd. He's just very earnest and intentional, especially when he's singing his original music. Speaking of, when it comes to original music, Josh definitely excites me more, he's a very eclectic songwriter who likes showing a lot of his influences in his music. Todd is very new to the songwriting game, so he still has a lot to learn in that regard. As to whose Voice season I like more, I think Josh's edges Todd's out simply because he actually sang live for most of his journey. Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the heck out of cheering for Todd along with the entirety of Meridian, Mississippi. 

ok i read through it now lol. def can see what u mean w/ Todd imbuing a lot of feeling into his singing. his blind audition was an extremely joyful performance, while his knockout was really impassioned in a different way. haven't listened to too much of Josh to comment on him though.

i will say -- though from s17 - s20 we've differed in terms of favorites, i can definitely respect most of ur favorites as strong singers. corey's knockout was stunning and his blind audition was one of my favorites of that season. sid was also excellent in his blind/battle and ofc we agree on joshua. and bodie was incredible, goes w/o saying (and he gets bonus points for avenging allegra and singing allegra's would-be finale song of "without me").

• Like 2

2 hours ago, QueenCami said:

ok i read through it now lol. def can see what u mean w/ Todd imbuing a lot of feeling into his singing. his blind audition was an extremely joyful performance, while his knockout was really impassioned in a different way. haven't listened to too much of Josh to comment on him though.

i will say -- though from s17 - s20 we've differed in terms of favorites, i can definitely respect most of ur favorites as strong singers. corey's knockout was stunning and his blind audition was one of my favorites of that season. sid was also excellent in his blind/battle and ofc we agree on joshua. and bodie was incredible, goes w/o saying (and he gets bonus points for avenging allegra and singing allegra's would-be finale song of "without me").

Mad respect to bodie for being one of a tiny handful of male contestants on Team Blake to be universally loved by both IDF and most social media sites.

1 hour ago, Jaffy said:

Mad respect to bodie for being one of a tiny handful of male contestants on Team Blake to be universally loved by both IDF and most social media sites.

Paris also falls into this category I'd say.

Did people not like Todd around here when s18 aired?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

I was new back then and i didn't even have an account, but i remember his fan thread being the most active back then. I'd dare to say that he was mostly respected here, however, there were several users that clearly disliked him and wanted Thunderstorm to win

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I was new back then and i didn't even have an account, but i remember his fan thread being the most active back then. I'd dare to say that he was mostly respected here, however, there were several users that clearly disliked him and wanted Thunderstorm to win

Ah. Not surprising.

I too prefer Thunderstorm and wanted him to win, but I can't really be mad at Todd winning. He was vocally solid throughout and he, just like Thunderstorm, has a signature style. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hsamid said:

Paris also falls into this category I'd say.

He was pretty respected here, albeit not loved sans a few people in his fan thread. 

Mjsbigblog despised him though, and even though he wasn´t my favorite it was fun watching the meltdown there when he won.   

• Like 2