Reality Champion Rankdown

Solaris

JabbaWockeeZ

IMG-8737.jpg

Diana here with another problematic cut sorry maybe idk 🤷‍♀️ I don't know much about this particular dance show but I have heard of JabbaWockeeZ so that is a testament to them and it seemed everyone wanted them to win for America's Best Dance Crew which they did but it's not really a show I think deserves to be in our end game so I think I'll take my last cut (which I believe this is) and cut them. I know this may be sad for some but legit my all time favs are gone yet JabbaWockeeZ were still here and it has me feeling all sorts of way tonight. 

WES BERGMANN (THE DUEL)

EfuX3PlXkAACzMN.jpg

Weston "Wes" Bergmann is a contestant from The Real World: Austin. He is the champion of The Duel, Rivals II, and All Stars 3, and was a finalist on Fresh Meat, Rivals, Champs vs. Pros, Champs vs. Stars 2, and War of the Worlds. He also competed on The Ruins, Fresh Meat II, Battle of the Exes, Battle of the Seasons (2012), Battle of the Exes II, Rivals III, Champs vs. Stars, War of the Worlds 2, Total Madness, and Double Agents. Wow, he's been on a hell of a lot of seasons, damn. I've only recently started watching the challenge with Season 37 as my first season that I watched in full. I used to watch previous clips of past seasons on YouTube because I had to watch when Da'Vonne/Natalie were on The Challenge. So, I was introduced to Wes though when I watched this last season All Stars 3 which he won. He is a very interesting personality to say the least, some times he can really get on my nerves, other times he makes me laugh and enjoy him. I was glad he won All Stars 3. But, this is about his "The Duel" win which he was the male winner of the season. I see he won two challenges/dailies throughout his run and was only in elimination once against Derrick. Quite a good track record but anyway he's been on my mind for a potential cut since like the Top 150 and I've kept delaying it and well now he won it for The Challenge main seasons but imma let Jonna win it for All Stars + The Challenge overall. 

JabbaWockeeZ are iconic and definitely a big / the main reason for ABDC's success. I love how far they've made it and come along in this game making it all the way into the Top 30! ❤️ 

Lol yess, Wes is reallly such an interesting character/person on The Challenge, where yeah.... you can either love and find him hilarious or you can find him grating and annoying.... or anywhere in between, depending on the season. I do mostly always enjoy him. :haha: I'm glad about him making it this far. He's got a really great track record in rankdowns but I was secretly rooting for Jonna to win for The Challenge, so at least that happens. ❤️ (before her eventual cut tomorrow  :broken: ).

Steph & Kristen

PK_TARC-4-TEAM-09-0914_copy___Gallery.jp

I didn't really know what cut to make tonight.... which is often the case with the cuts I make. I never made a cut from The Amazing Race Canada so I guess I might as well do so now. The Amazing Race is the only franchise with more than 2 acts remaining, so I guess it's kinda ~fair (lack of a better word) for this cut at this point now that we've reached the Top 30 and a number of bigger fan favorite shows have had their acts eliminated by now. For tonight I have chosen to cut Steph & Kristen. 

Steph LeClair & Kristen McKenzie are a dating couple from Toronto, Ontario, who are the winners of the 4th season of The Amazing Race Canada. Ooh and wow, this season also featured former Big Brother Canada Season 1 couple Jillian & Emmett, who came in 2nd place that season. 😮 Now that I mentioned them, it looks like Steph & Kristen and Jillian & Emmett were strong teams and the frontrunners of this season. But I will just be focusing on Steph & Kristen. They had one bad leg (for their standards), where they came in 6th on Episode 2. But besides that, they always came in the Top 3. They finished 2nd on Episodes 1, 3 and 4. Then they won an impressive 3 legs in a row on Episodes 5, 6 and 7. :omg: The ladies ~struggled a bit~ placing 3rd on Episode 8. But they would slowly improve their placements the following two episodes coming in 2nd and 1st on Episodes 9 & 10 respectively. Then on the final, of course they won the final leg - and beat out Jillian & Emmett and 3rd placers father & daughter pair, Joel & Ashley. Overall, they won a total of 5 out of 11 legs, which is amazing! :omg: As for roadblocks, Steph did 7 roadblocks to Kristen's 6 roadblocks.  

Some other fun notes I'm reading about Steph & Kristen, was that they were compared to Natalie & Meaghan (whom I don't know). It seems like Steph & Kristen weren't as well liked by the fanbase and were not liked by other teams for their competitive behavior. Ehhh this is a competition for big money, sooo isn't that to be expected? They did have a consistently strong run which led them to victory as other teams made fatal mistakes and errors that prevented them from winning. Oooh but the most important fun facts I learned is that Steph & Kristen became the first all female team to win the Canadian version of the series, as well as the first lesbian team to not only win in Canada but of the entire The Amazing Race franchise. That's definitely incredible and a great fact for them to hold. :yes: 

Gaby-Diaz-wins-SYTYCD-Season-121.jpg
Gaby Diaz

Gaby Diaz is the winner of So You Think You Can Dance US season twelve. I was never a Gaby fan as I don’t particularly like tap dancing and she did a lot of it being a tap dancer. I was far more invested in Hailee, Jim and Virgil so Gaby was never on my radar to be a favourite. Gaby was never really challenged as she danced mostly Contemporary and Jazz routines and never once got Ballroom.. sus. I just find her to be boring and she’s only the last one standing because people took out dancers who had bigger impacts on the show. She isn’t an all time great and she will not make the final twenty.

I'm kinda surprised but not surprised at Gaby making it this far. I do feel like while she isn't the most beloved SYTYCD winner, I think she's probably the least polarizing and with the least amount of detractors, so is the dancer that could benefit from a game format like this. :yes: 

I do really like her overall and think she's super talented, but also rooted more for Virgil and Jaja over her. But I think she was my 3rd favorite, at least. Though maybe 4th as I was invested in Yorelis' run that year.

I'm just glad Talia is the last standing SYTYCD winner, at least. ❤️ 

Meghan & Cheyne

megan-cheyne-amazing-race-11162009jpg-388eedc88334e658.jpg

My Amazing Race knowledge will be on full show here. I'm cutting Meghan & Cheyne simply because I noticed there's two pairings left from the show when the majority of shows left only have one, so it's just to ensure a balance of different shows in the endgame. I didn't really have any preference over either remaining duo here so just picked one. Meghan & Cheyne appeared on Season 15 of TAR and seemingly dominated the competition. Seven leg wins! I don't know too much about the show other than the basics but I would imagine this is some kind of record? Four of those were in a row too, so I'm sure that made for a steamroll endgame to the season. All in all, an impressive feat seeing as reading up about them it seems they had two very different approaches to the race at times so I guess opposites attract. They have since married and have a family which is sweet! I'm sure I may like them if I watch them, but just want to give a rounded representation of shows in the endgame.

Aww I loved Meghan & Cheyne so I was hoping for them to win it for The Amazing Race. 🙈 But oh well. I get the reasoning as I also cut a TAR team for the same reasons Lily did. I started watching TAR during their season so I felt really invested in their run on the show. And awww yayy glad to hear they are married with a family now. ❤️ I'm really happy for them making it this far in the game! :yes: 

But I know Alex really loves Brooke & Scott, so I'm pleased for them getting the TAR win for him. :haha: 

LMAO I think this final group are gonna have more people I don't know/don't care than actually like and am a fan of. :dead: 

Jonna Mannion

Challenge Fan Friday: Jonna Mannion, an unheralded competitor | by Allan  Aguirre | Medium

I don't want to use my final cut to eliminate the last Challenge contestant, because knowing me I will have to.  So I am just going to cut her now before the final cuts!  Jonna was the winner of The Challenge: All-Stars 3.  Unlike other seasons, Jonna was a solo female winner of the challenge. Jonna was on this list a couple of other times in this rankdown so shes been decorated as a winner a lot. She lasted 10 episodes and defeated Nia, KellyAnne and Kailah to win the season. She was up for elimination twice.  She also had 2 wins before her win and was also part of the "authority" three time.  Making 22nd is pretty awesome for someone the majority of us don't know anything about so Congrats!

• Sad 1

Sola uses his 2nd to last cut on Jonna? 

200.gif

Lol I saw that cut coming a mile away though, so it makes it sting less I guess. Sad to see Jonna go as I've always loved her and especially loved her strong of a player she was - in both challenges and strategy in these The Challenge All Stars version. Glad she made it this far and is the last one standing from that franchise, at least.

But lol there's still like 10 people I don't know and we're approaching the Top 20. 😐 So this end game is gonna be lots of fun. 😐 

Denise Welch (Big Brother - Celebrity UK Series 9)

Denise Welch.png

It's definitely difficult to find an uncontroversial cut as we approach endgame, but I'm doing my best. This series of Big Brother only lasted 23 days, which is much shorter than the Josie one that I just did the write-up for. This was a Celebrity edition, so Denise is known for more than just Big Brother. She was an actress on a soap opera and a couple drama shows and the host/presenter for some other show(s). She also did Dancing on Ice Series 6!!! I don't think we included Dancing on Ice winners here. Anyway, this cut gives Nadia the BBUK win as well as the overall Big Brother win. Denise almost made Top 20 (or is she #20, I don't know) so that's a major accomplishment for this brutal game

Darci Lynne

636510093335754520-NUP-177549-5636.JPG?w

I just don't like ventriloquists. Simple as that. Darci Lynne is the winner of the 12th season of America's Got Talent. At just 12 years old, she delivered a routine with a puppet singing and making jokes that completely blew away the judges and got her the golden buzzer. Evidently she blew away the public as well as she won the show! I watched her audition. She's clearly extremely talented. I would never be able to do that in a million years, and I don't think professionals twice or even three times her age and with more experience are able to do what she does as well as her. That's why she did so well in this game! But I don't like it. Just not my cup of tea, not something I would seek out. She came back a few years later for the Champions series and was the runner-up to Shin Lim. She is apparently about to be in some Ronald Reagan biopic with a bunch of old Republicans like Jon Voight and Dennis Quaid so it's probably gonna be Republican propaganda and not about how he killed a bunch of gay people. She's over 18 so I can properly judge her for being in it :kissbye:. But that has nothing to do with my cut as I just discovered it two seconds ago. She is leaving because like I said do not like ventriloquists.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2022 at 12:31 PM, jarmon said:

TAR5 blessing us with Charla/Mirna, Kami/Karli, Colin/Christie & Chip/Kim. :wub:

And Alison Irwin too! :wub:

TAR 5 has just been added to Netflix! Get watching everyone!!!!!!

(And TAR 7 one of the most overrated seasons ever)

• Like 1

While Denise Welch and Darci Lynne aren't big ultimate favorites of mine, I was just rooting for them to go as far as possible since I know and really like them. :dead: 

But Denise was really fun on Celebrity Big Brother UK and yeah I enjoyed her on there. Darci Lynne was adorable, very talented and super rootable.  I'm glad she made it this far.... though I'm disappointed that Nadia is the last standing from BBUK but oh well.

I always enjoyed her acts on her seasons and what she's done post-season with her ventriloquist act. I'm happy for her getting this far and lasting this long as I didn't think she would have. :haha: Oh and lol I had no idea about her being in the Ronald Reagan biopic movie either.

Irina Shabayeva

MV5BMzFmMGFlMTYtZjdjNy00MzVkLWE1NjktZGY5

Irina Shabayeva is a fashion designer, artist, and philanthropist from Georgia that was the winner of the sixth season of Project Runway. She won three challenges. She won the season with her New York inspired woman warrior collection. Irina was with two other designers (Carol and Althea) in the finale that had not been in the bottom three during the entire season. Her favorite designer is Jean Paul Gaultier. She has created a dress for Selena Gomez and Carrie Underwood (the dress on the cover of her Blown Away album). She was also a contestant on the third season of Project Runway: All Stars and placed sixth in the competition.

• Sad 4

Leona Lewis

220px-Life_Ball_2014_red_carpet_107_Leon

I decided to lean into the chaotic element of this endgame and landed on Leona for a final cut (somewhere far away, I can hear Elliott celebrating). Even tho I really like her (and use to like her even more early in her career), I kinda want to see an unexpected winner come out of this, so I think this is the best option I have to make that a reality. Leona won the third season of X Factor UK, and is easily the most recognizable name to come from the early seasons of the show (at least till 1D in season 7). She had one of the most dominant runs on the show, not only performance wise but also voting wise, winning in the finale with ~60% of the vote (I remember reading she also topped the vote every week but I cant seem to find the source of it, plus this was before they started to reveal the vote %s in season 5). She's also one of the most successful alumni of the show, having some crossover success in the US with her debut album, and with her second album having pretty good numbers, even if they didn't match her debut. She has continued to release music since then (she has released 5 albums so far) and even ventured into acting and theater as well. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3