Reality Champion Rankdown

Solaris

Natalie Gauci

natalie-gauci-younger.jpg?width=720&center=0.0,0.0

Time to use the time I spent reading the Australian Idol wiki page to good use. Natalie Gauci is the winner of the fifth season of Australian Idol. From what I can see she started by not getting the public vote and getting to the Top 12 through the wildcard, but after that she was the last contestant to ever be at risk/B3 at Top 5. NGL I'm not a fan of how many songs she did are just piano covers (my general impression of her performances is that she sounds more like a sessions singer than someone mainstream, even by mid-00s standards), but then again, this was probably around the same time that WGWG started to become a thing, so good for her for fighting fire with fire lmao. After winning she got mishandled by the label (wow shocker, tell me a story I haven't heard 100 times before...) and went independent and kept releasing music under her own name and other projects, so good on her for that. She also was a part of season 9 of The Voice Australia but didn't go nearly as well for her, let's leave it at that. Congrats on making it so close to the end!

• Sad 4

Joan Rivers

330px-Joan_Rivers_1966_Press_photo.jpg

I don't particularly like comedians. There are few exceptions, like Joan Rivers at times, but I think if I let her make the final vote, she'll sail to the win based on who she is rather than the show she won, so time to fix that. I'm also annoyed that most every time a petty cut has been made in this game, it happens to be a singer. I guess I shouldn't be surprised?
Joan Rivers won the second season of Celebrity Apprentice, also known as Apprentice 8, in 2009, with Annie Duke as the runner-up (really like her too). Other participants were Brian McKnight, Herschel Walker and Khloe Kardashian. She had one win in task 1 and one loss in task 8. I shouldn't be surprised that she and Annie were the final 2 considering who they were up against, but I don't like comedians so out she goes. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

Joan Rivers

330px-Joan_Rivers_1966_Press_photo.jpg

I don't particularly like comedians. There are few exceptions, like Joan Rivers at times, but I think if I let her make the final vote, she'll sail to the win based on who she is rather than the show she won, so time to fix that. I'm also annoyed that most every time a petty cut has been made in this game, it happens to be a singer. I guess I shouldn't be surprised?
Joan Rivers won the second season of Celebrity Apprentice, also known as Apprentice 8, in 2009, with Annie Duke as the runner-up (really like her too). Other participants were Brian McKnight, Herschel Walker and Khloe Kardashian. She had one win in task 1 and one loss in task 8. I shouldn't be surprised that she and Annie were the final 2 considering who they were up against, but I don't like comedians so out she goes. 

Todd Herzog and Joan Rivers both gone?! Who do I route for now?

• Like 1

Talia! 😭 Sad to see her go but not surprised that Zoey was the one to cut her as she cut so many of my favorites. :closedeyes: She's an amazing dancer and deserving winner! ❤️ 

Ahh I'm okay with Raja going as she was my least favorite of the ones I knew. I would have been fine with her winning if she was up against those I didn't know but I also wasn't passionate for her to make it to the end.

Aww I do really like Todd, so I'm sad to see him go. :( He's great, fun and was a likable winner. I wouldn't have minded him winning this.

lmao Of course the people I was considering cutting didn't get cut. 🙂 :dead: 

Ughh sad to see both Natalie Gauci and Joan Rivers go. 😢 Natalie was such a great, likable and rootable underdog. I didn't care for her very first performance but then she slowly but surely won me over with her Wildcard performance and most of her performances in the finals! :wub: And Joan was entertaining and comedy gold and such a standout on The Celebrity Apprentice. Ugh I was hoping for one of them to make it to the end.

Omg another page I went through.... and still the other two considered cutting are still in. :dead: 

Priyanka

PRI-1FEATURE.jpg

Not me being #dragged for considering cutting someone from Canada's Drag Race earlier in the game and now being responsible for cutting both of their winners 🙈. Not what I had planned for this game, but I think Priyanka is the biggest threat remaining. She was runner-up of the previous Drag Race Rankdown and tied for third in the one before. So congratulations to her for making it this far despite being a huge threat! Priyanka won the first season of Canada's Drag Race. Priyanka won two challenges during her season, one was a makeover challenge and another was a diss track challenge. However, she also ended up in the bottom twice after a poor Snatch Game performance and poor Miss Loose Jaw Pageant performance. She excelled at her lip syncs though and managed to survive. Rita Baga won three challenges while Scarlett BoBo never landed in the bottom so they might've seemed like more obvious winners, but it was Priyanka, the underdog, who pulled off the win in the end. She seems very likable and I'm sure I'd root for her if I watched the show (I won't 🙂) but I think the other remaining winners are a lot more hilariously unexpected so out Priyanka must go.

• Sad 3

Lol can't believe Joan made it this far, I was the one who gave her the first immunity. I don't remember her season all that well, but of course I remember "SHE'S A POKEH PLAYER" so I wanted her to survive the first chunk of the game, having no idea she would make the top six :dead:

• Like 1

Aww I had a feeling Alex was going to cut Priyanka. 😭 :broken: I love her and definitely up there as amongst one of my favorite winners of Drag Race! I really rooted and was really invested in her run, which doesn't happen quite often. But yeah I'm really happy for her making it all the way to 5th here considering her amazing track record in these rankdowns. ❤️ 

Shane Gould (Survivor - Australia Season 5)

Shane Gould.jpg

Shane is a highly decorated Olympian, with 3 gold medals, 1 silver medal, and 1 bronze medal. Much later in life, she joined the cast of Season 5 of Survivor Australia and won the whole thing at age 61. She found a hidden immunity idol at some point, apparently. She is the oldest winner from any Survivor franchise. Shane came back for Australia's Survivor All Stars season, but she was the first one voted out. She was one of two winners, and they were the first two out for the season. Which is smart for the rest of the cast but lame for me! I was toying with many different cut options throughout the day and it's been terrible for #TeamDerek lol. With the way today went, I have to let Mr. Janette Manrara survive to the final 3. 

• Like 1