Reality Champion Rankdown

Solaris

Melissa O'Neil

220px-Melissa_O'Neil_2016.jpg

I was gonna try to cut Natalie Gauci first but gave up bc 1) she has a few song choices that I liked vs my current cut and 2) the charts for Australian Idol are god awful, so idk, blame it on superior Canadian wikipedia pages making my job easier? Melissa is the winner of the 3rd season of Canadian Idol, and the first female winner of the show. She had kind of rocky start to her journey on the show, being near the bottom for Top 10 and Top 9 rounds, but after that she was never in danger, so I'm guessing that her performance of Holding Out for a Hero was a moment for her? I didn't particularly care for it but I'm watching out of context and with who knows how many versions of this song in existance, so it's harder to impress ig. I liked her take on It's De-Lovely and The Old Apartment, those 2 felt more interesting to me and a better showcase for her voice. It looks like she jumped onto acting at some point during the 2010s, so it's nice to see that she found success in other venues besides singing.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

52 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Idk her but she’s gorgeous :omg:

MTE. She's probably someone I would have considered cutting but then holding it off a few more days with how pretty she is. :haha: 

42 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Anya is the queen of the world and was on one of the best seasons of the show. And she didn't even really know how to sew, lmaoooooo. ICON

That's iconic how she won her season without really knowing how to sew. :dead: 

Ahh well, Melissa O'Neil last a long while in this game so I'm pleased for her about that. ❤️  I loved Melissa and her run during Canadian Idol. Oh wow I found a video of her performances on the show so I can post that here.

Ahh and yes, I really loved her "Holding Out for a Hero."  :wub: Ugh I can't remember my favorite from her but I did love a number of her performances.

And yeah she has done well getting into acting. I know she's currently on The Rookie. I'm happy for the success she's found though I miss her in music.

4 minutes ago, NGM said:

Melissa O'Neil

220px-Melissa_O'Neil_2016.jpg

I was gonna try to cut Natalie Gauci first but gave up bc 1) she has a few song choices that I liked vs my current cut and 2) the charts for Australian Idol are god awful, so idk, blame it on superior Canadian wikipedia pages making my job easier? Melissa is the winner of the 3rd season of Canadian Idol, and the first female winner of the show. She had kind of rocky start to her journey on the show, being near the bottom for Top 10 and Top 9 rounds, but after that she was never in danger, so I'm guessing that her performance of Holding Out for a Hero was a moment for her? I didn't particularly care for it but I'm watching out of context and with who knows how many versions of this song in existance, so it's harder to impress ig. I liked her take on It's De-Lovely and The Old Apartment, those 2 felt more interesting to me and a better showcase for her voice. It looks like she jumped onto acting at some point during the 2010s, so it's nice to see that she found success in other venues besides singing.

That's super messed up.

• Sad 1

Top 30:

JabbaWockeeZ

Nadia Almada

Denise Welch

Paras Attashnak

Apolo Anton Ohno

Abbey Clancey

Darci Lynne

Melissa O'Neil

Natalie Gauci

Christine Hà

Irina Shabayeva

Michelle Lesniak Franklin (All-Stars 7)

Raja

Priyanka

Gaby Diaz

Talia Fowler

Todd Herzog

Shane Gould

Pia Miranda

Meghan & Cheyne

Brooke & Scott

Steph & Kristen

Joan Rivers

Wes Bergmann (The Duel)

Jonna Mannion

Candice Brown

Dorothy Hui

Leona Lewis

Kristen Kish

Montana Cox

We are looking for 5 more cuts (since we're down to 21).

Edited by Solaris

6 minutes ago, Qorey said:

I haven't been making many cuts since we got to the Top 100, because:

1) I would have to do research to cut from the shows I don't know, and

2) Everybody knows by now what my favorite shows are, for retaliation purposes.

But you, yourself, cut almost everyone from your favourite shows so there would be no retaliation :haha: 

2c970c890b36cce36fa75efe5b951eb2

Since I don't watch Survivor : Australia, I shall cut one of their winner as it would means that I am cutting a winner that I am not passionate about and ensuring that Survivor: Australia has the same amount of winners left in this rankdown.  My cut could have went either way but knowing that Shane is one of the oldest winner led me to spare her from elimination and therefore, I am cutting Pia Miranda.  For those like me who do haven't seen Survivor : Australia - I have heard good thing about - Pia appeared on the Champions vs. Contenders edition in 2019.  On her season, she was a target early on by the majority alliance but she was able to escape that tribal council with feeling that she was in the bottom & forming a minority alliance. Eventually, she would become part of the majority alliance which benefited her game by making bonds with others tribemate and using some of her fellow tribe mates as shield.  She was on the chopping block at a few occasion but she was able to win due to her final tribal council performance where she knew how to sell her game play to the other members of the jury.  Anyway, congrats to Shane for being the winner of Survivor: Australia in this rankdown.

Shout out to Joshua McKinley from Anya's season who has one of my favorite TV quotes of all time... "if you're tired, take a nap" 

I think I need to start a new thread with a countdown of the top quotes from RTV that I say in my everyday life

• Like 3

Paras Atashnak

hwfayki-_400x400.jpg

Paras Atashnak is the winner of the sixth series of Big Brother Canada. She perfected the floater game (BB Canada's version of Jun Song?), with her social game on point from the start. She formed two notable alliances (called the The Real Deal and The Secret Three) as well as strong connections with almost all the other houseguests. She combined this with a strategy of playing dumb and looking non-threatening in addition to pulling strings behind the scenes, and this allowed her to make it to all the way to the top 5 without even being nominated. I'm sure she's a worthy last winner standing among the Big Brother Canada winners but out she goes now. 

• Sad 2