The Voice ● S22 ● Spoilers/News/Updates 🍂

Someone648

1 minute ago, jayshon said:

ok

I’m glad you liked the joke though. If he’s going to bring this up, he should tell us who shouldn’t have gone through. 

I’ll be honest, as unfair as I think it is that Blake gets all of his people through like this, it’s a bad look for contestants to bitch about the results on a public forum. I don’t care if you disagree, or think it’s funny. 

18 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

TPTB allowed this to happen. Some of us talked about Blake possibly getting 3 in the finale, even before the lives began. :haha: 

I didn't believe it cause Bodie was always a question mark. Bryce and Rowan/Brayden were always my thought process. 

Then you mentioned the pimping for Bodie, and of course it was enough to get him in.

It's all TPTB, John had a finalist in Parijita, even a safe singer in Kim, then cut it all down(not sure if intentional, maybe it was)

Hell, they just gave up with Justin after Top 13 lmao.

29 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

TPTB allowed this to happen. Some of us talked about Blake possibly getting 3 in the finale, even before the lives began. :haha: 

They tried to stop it though.

T16: Bryce in IS - he won

T13: George Strait song (usually does not go well on this show) - became the most viewed live performance on FB

T10: Brayden's Kane Brown song and Bryce's Morgan Wallen song (maybe they should have given them actual bro-country songs?)

T8: bodie's Halsey song? Brayden's performances in 1st hour? Bryce solo between 2 powerful duets?

Nothing worked. Maybe they're so far ahead in votes that things like song choices and performance slots don't affect their support.

Or Tin Foil Hat - 3 Blake finalists is a feature not a bug?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, season1 said:

They tried to stop it though.

T16: Bryce in IS - he won

T13: George Strait song (usually does not go well on this show) - became the most viewed live performance on FB

T10: Brayden's Kane Brown song and Bryce's Morgan Wallen song (maybe they should have given them actual bro-country songs?)

T8: bodie's Halsey song? Brayden's performances in 1st hour? Bryce solo between 2 powerful duets?

Nothing worked. Maybe they're so far ahead in votes that things like song choices and performance slots don't affect their support.

Or Tin Foil Hat - 3 Blake finalists is a feature not a bug?

in addition to all that...

Bryce and Brayden never had a performance leaked.

Bryce performed 2nd out of 11 on audition episode 2 on Tuesday 09/20.

Bryce's battle (10/25) and knockout (11/01) were both on Tuesdays.

Playoffs: Bryce was the first on Team Blake to perform (13th out of 16).

T13: Bryce was 2nd out of 13.

Brayden's blind audition was also on episode 2 on Tuesday 09/20. He was 10th out of 11.

Brayden's battle was on Tuesday 10/18, but his knockout was on a Monday.

Bodie, on the other hand, received better treatment. He closed the playoffs episode. His audition, battle, and knockout were leaked and were all on Monday episodes.

Edited by RTV
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, RTV said:

in addition to all that...

Bryce and Brayden never had a performance leaked.

Bryce performed 2nd out of 11 on episode 2 on Tuesday 09/20.

Bryce's battle (10/25) and knockout (11/01) were both on Tuesdays.

Playoffs: Bryce was the first on Team Blake to perform (13th out of 16).

T13: Bryce was 2nd out of 13.

Brayden's blind audition was also on episode 2 on Tuesday 09/20. He was 10th out of 11.

Brayden's battle was on Tuesday 10/18, but his knockout was on a Monday.

Bodie, on the other hand, received better treatment. He closed the playoffs episode. His audition, battle, and knockout were leaked and were all on Monday episodes.

It's clear who they want in the finale for Team Blake. But the voters like Brayden and Bryce despite the least amount of promotion from the show.  At least Bryce's battle and KO closed the episode. Brayden is the only one in the Top 8 who didn't close or open an episode.

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jayshon said:
Capture.JPG.6ce245b633163218098972aac397e769.JPG

wow

I'm always curious about things like this. I remember back in S17 Katie Kadan was 3rd and it seemed like a normal announcement, but then Carson commented something like people being surprised by that result which implied some sort of audience reaction. We just can't really see it on TV but I wonder how often this type of reaction happens.

(side note: she was robbed but I would've been fine with Katie and then Jake in runner up. Don't get what was so good about Ricky)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, season1 said:

It's clear who they want in the finale for Team Blake. But the voters like Brayden and Bryce despite the least amount of promotion from the show.  At least Bryce's battle and KO closed the episode. Brayden is the only one in the Top 8 who didn't close an episode.

True. Brayden not closing an episode didn't bother me. But Brayden finishing both semifinal performances within the first hour (3rd and 5th) when Omar hadn't even sung one of his wasn't right.

• Like 1

Just now, RTV said:

True. Brayden not closing an episode didn't bother me. But Brayden finishing both semifinal performances within the first hour (3rd and 5th) when Omar hadn't even sung one of his wasn't right.

They tried to stop Brayden from getting the PV but they failed. They do that every season, to try to influence who moves on to the finale. In S21, Lana Scott also finished in the first half, before Joshua and GNT performed solo or duet. It worked then (she was in bottom 4) so they tried that again this season.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, season1 said:

They tried to stop Brayden from getting the PV but they failed. They do that every season, to try to influence who moves on to the finale. In S21, Lana Scott also finished in the first half, before Joshua and GNT performed solo or duet. It worked then (she was in bottom 4) so they tried that again this season.

Sorry for reacting with confused I was trying to like your post 😭 but I can't remove it

Edit:nvm :haha:

Edited by Ottoxxx
  • Like 1

MJ Santilli wrote:

On one hand, it’s wild that some of the best singers in the Top 8 had to fight for a spot in the finale while a sweet but underbaked teen country singer sailed right in. But that’s the story of singing competitions! Brayden isn’t the best singer by a long shot, but he’s immensely likeable. And Blake Shelton is kinda the goat! He’s a good coach who knows how to get a singer across the finish line. Plus, his own fan base is motivated to vote.

I predicted (and so did the poll voters) Bryce, Morgan, Bodie, Omar and Justin into the finals. Actually, if life were fair, Kim should have been in that lineup somehow. But that’s just how it goes in singing show land.

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/the-voice-2022-recap-semi-final-results-top-5-revealed.htm

• Like 2

Just re-watched Omar's performance with a better headphone, and the first half sounded great to me. The only part of which I wasn't a fan of was 1:43-1:50. It still pisses me how he didn't get the PV even after that performance. Maybe there wasn't much gap between him and Brayden (or Bodie), but Brayden being on Team Blake carried him to the Top 4. Maybe he could pull a gospel and surpass them? (Nvm, this is just wishful thinking, no way he's surpassing Brayden lol).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RTV said:

MJ Santilli wrote:

On one hand, it’s wild that some of the best singers in the Top 8 had to fight for a spot in the finale while a sweet but underbaked teen country singer sailed right in. But that’s the story of singing competitions! Brayden isn’t the best singer by a long shot, but he’s immensely likeable. And Blake Shelton is kinda the goat! He’s a good coach who knows how to get a singer across the finish line. Plus, his own fan base is motivated to vote.

I predicted (and so did the poll voters) Bryce, Morgan, Bodie, Omar and Justin into the finals. Actually, if life were fair, Kim should have been in that lineup somehow. But that’s just how it goes in singing show land.

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/the-voice-2022-recap-semi-final-results-top-5-revealed.htm

Blake is indeed the goat, i think is important to remember but this is actually the first time in 22 seasons that Blake is able to put his entire team in the Finals, S16 wasnt the entire team, the record was still hold by Adam on S7, so isnt really like the audience just blindly vote in his entire team every season no matter how bad it is, Blake also needs to do his job and make the artists delivery some consistent performances even if they're decent artists at best and i think this is where he shines as a coach, he did make a good job with Brayden's limitations, he really improves the artists.

Anyway, i hope Brayden wasnt going around social media and that he received plenty of love from his family and suoport from the show, he is just 15/16, didnt make anything wrong, is the audience who voted in him.

• Like 2

Seasons  16 and 22 are very similar Morgan Myles and Maelyn Jarmon the only 4 chair lady finalist

Bryce Leatherwood and Gyth Rigdon 3 chair country  dudes runners-up                                                   Bodie and Dexter Roberts are third place four chair turns on team Blake                                                                   Brayden Lape and Andrew Sevener are 1 chair turns  fourth place finishers on team Blake Shelton