The Voice ● S22 ● Spoilers/News/Updates 🍂

Someone648

Alright, let´s not kid ourselves here.

We hate the Blake bias when it advances artists we´re not a fan of, but we´re all for it when it´s snowflakes we´re taking about. Let me remind you of someone named Cam Anthony. As good as the dude is, he probably wouldn´t have won had he not been on his team due to the competition he had as well. We have other IDF darlings that chose him that ended up far due to the Blake boost.

I´m guilty of this as well, I know Brayden advanced due to Blake, but so did bodie, and I´m happy about the latter, and know he would have had a harder time advancing without him. 

If we´re looking at the cycle objectively, it´s obvious the advantage and power he holds over the audience is unfair, we´ve seen the story every season.  But still, we don´t have to act like it hasn´t benefitted our snowflakes every once in a while.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

We hate the Blake bias when it advances artists we´re not a fan of, but we´re all for it when it´s snowflakes we´re taking about. Let me remind you of someone named Cam Anthony. As good as the dude is, he probably wouldn´t have won had he not been on his team due to the competition he had as well. We have other IDF darlings that chose him that ended up far due to the Blake boost.

I´m guilty of this as well, I know Brayden advanced due to Blake, but so did bodie, and I´m happy about the latter, and know he would have had a harder time advancing without him. 

If we´re looking at the cycle objectively, it´s obvious the advantage and power he holds over the audience is unfair, we´ve seen the story every season.  But still, we don´t have to act like it hasn´t benefitted our snowflakes every once in a while.

Yeah. Anyone on Team Blake makes it farther than they would elsewhere. This season, Blake happened to have three white guys. If Justin, Kim, or Omar were on Blake’s team, I doubt they would be bottom 4.

• Like 1

I’m not surprised by the results at all, but it is still infuriating that non-Blake contestants can’t be anything less than perfect in order to get past Team Blake’s mediocrity.

As another user said, I do think that racial bias definitely played a part in the results being the way they were. 

Edited by MusicBuff101
  • Like 5

32 minutes ago, thecarterfilez said:

ok and Kim has been slaying for weeks ? Omar has been as well.. Justin has been as well.. and ONE WEAK performance landed them in the bottom/out 

Ok, so we agree that one week performance (relatively) shouldn't land you in the bottom.

I also agree that Kim deserved to be in the finale.

What you said about Blake was true.

The reason Kim and Omar had to deliver week after week, and couldn't afford a single weak performance is that they were on Team Legend. Bodie, Bryce, and Brayden just happened to be on Team Blake. Kim and Omar had the disadvantage of being on TL.

Switch Brayden's and Kim's teams and you'd get the opposite result. 

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Confused 1

none of my favorites are ever on team blake except for lana scott who unfortunately is not a man, making her journey to the finale as a pure country contestant very difficult.

i also haven’t liked the top contenders much for recent seasons, unlike most of idf (cam, gnt, wendy) so i am sad. 

i love wallowing in self-pity! but seriously, i would just LOVE for one of my favorites to make the finale. like just once (#justinaaron). /lh

I don't know what I think about the five that are left. 

I think Omar is clearly the best vocalist left (and prob from the whole season). 

Morgan is extremely talented and I would love to see her have a successful career but something is telling me she won’t win because she’s female as sad as that is. 

I think Bodie is unique and original (although I'm not sure if his style really connects with voters or if they're voting him through in support of Blake).

Bryce is clearly the better of the two "country" artists. I think he is very talented, but he isn't any better than Drake Milligan who only placed 3rd by America's vote on AGT. 

Honestly, I think Brayden is probably just riding the country wave because he is on Blake's team, and because that seems to pull more votes. He auditioned with a Niall Horan song if you remember, which isn't country.

Who I think should win: Omar

Who I think will win: Bryce

Edited by rockerannah
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, zjc19951109 said:

The show may have some racial bias, but it's not nearly close to Blake bias or country bias. Examples: Toneisha, Cam, Kyla, Spensha, Kirk. We had three black finalists just last season. I get people are pissed, but vent onto the right point lol.

That's exactly my point. Racism exists in every corner of the world, there's no denying that. But here it doesn't even hold a candle to sexism and Blake Bias.

Edited by Hamza Tufail

1 minute ago, rockerannah said:

I don't know what I think about the four that are left. 

I think Omar is clearly the best vocalist left (and prob from the whole season). 

I think Bodie is unique and original (although I'm not sure if his style really connects with voters or if they're voting him through in support of Blake).

Bryce is clearly the better of the two "country" artists. I think he is very talented, but he isn't any better than Drake Milligan who only placed 3rd by America's vote on AGT. 

Honestly, I think Brayden is probably just riding the country wave because he is on Blake's team, and because that seems to pull more votes. He auditioned with a Niall Horan song if you remember, which isn't country.

The Morgan erasure :(

But yeah, Omar is Fantastic. I've watched his IS performance, like, 84568th time lol. It doesn't even feel like it was an IS performance. He absolutely slaughtered it. His experience helped too.

12 hours ago, Teraginn said:

if bodie's vlogs are any indication, they're chill with each other.

He's obviously avoiding mentioning Team Blake explicitly. He's still in the competition after all, it's not a good look to be suddenly antagonistic towards them.

bodie and Omar care about each other...they respect each other.

• Like 1

Sadly it seems like Team Blake is the only way POC can get into the finale without Instant Save/coach quotas these days. The last ones that weren't on his team were Brooke Simpson and Chris Blue.

On second thought, Thunderstorm, Desz, and Victor probably didn't need coach quotas to get there though.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, rockerannah said:

I don't know what I think about the four that are left. 

I am a voter that has only voted bodie and then multiples in the Saves. I think there are more out her just like me. It's not a team thing for me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Bodie´s probably the most chill contestant in terms of his reactions to getting voted through. He looked unbothered every time.

He was excited and emotional in his response to his voters and fans. It's on twitter, Instagram in his reels, and TikTok...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Misirlou said:

I´m Team Bodie all the way, and I´m perfectly aware that Team Blake saved his ass yesterday, which is honestly something I´m thankful for.  Singing Bieber, Post Malone, Joji, JVKE, and Halsey on any other team wouldn´t have cut it. It was a smart pick from the start, and I know people were questioning why he didn´t choose Gwen.

But, like it was said on the fan thread, you gotta earn Blake´s respect for him to be that invested in you, especially when artists like Bryce and Brayden are on the same team, and Bodie earned that. 

Also, the people that doubted that Blake´s approach is typically hands-off, there you go. I´d bet my life savings he doesn´t know ANY of the songs Bodie has sung thus far lol, possible exception being the Proclaimers one.

100%

• Like 1

on the other hand, i do not understand that a lot of people say that it is the show that is racist and attack it

no, the show The Voice is not racist, it's not the show's fault that a lot of people vote for country people, the show just announces the results of the votes...

Edited by French20
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

I always say Blake’s power is a blessing and a curse. But the thing is, it’s so ridiculous that a season’s quality is so reliant on Blake having a good team (just compare last season to this one) Whether it benefits us or not is irrelevant. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nytsch said:

I'm always curious about things like this. I remember back in S17 Katie Kadan was 3rd and it seemed like a normal announcement, but then Carson commented something like people being surprised by that result which implied some sort of audience reaction. We just can't really see it on TV but I wonder how often this type of reaction happens.

(side note: she was robbed but I would've been fine with Katie and then Jake in runner up. Don't get what was so good about Ricky)

I am watching it right now on OnDemand. Brayden had a great and large reaction. not silence there at all. I think bodie had then largest still. Very well received.

• Like 1

One thing people are not realizing is the one important difference this season versus the one where Maelynn overtook Blake. That one was 3 country guys vs pop. This season you have Bodie and non-country with Omar. Not exactly full vote splitting maybe but definitely can take some votes away from Morgan. IDF and Morgan fans should still be shaking in their boots scared of Blake and Bryce. It’s Bryce vs Morgan. One of them will win. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, gabe0101 said:

One thing people are not realizing is the one important difference this season versus the one where Maelynn overtook Blake. That one was 3 country guys vs pop. This season you have Bodie and non-country with Omar. Not exactly full vote splitting maybe but definitely can take some votes away from Morgan. IDF and Morgan fans should still be shaking in their boots scared of Blake and Bryce. It’s Bryce vs Morgan. One of them will win. 

I don’t think anyone is “shaking in their boots” over Morgan v. Bryce. Most of her fans are probably just relieved she made the finale. Winning is both a blessing and a curse. 

Omar will not take many votes from Morgan. 

Edited by TeamAudra

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

Yeah. Anyone on Team Blake makes it farther than they would elsewhere. This season, Blake happened to have three white guys. If Justin, Kim, or Omar were on Blake’s team, I doubt they would be bottom 4.

And remember that all of them except Justin (who only turned Gwen) could have been.

1 hour ago, rockerannah said:

Drake Milligan who only placed 3rd by America's vote on AGT

AGT is a different ballgame, though. While the AGT audience often votes to advance singers of different genres into the finale, many people seem to prefer a non-singer as the winner because the variety acts don't have another televised show like American Idol or The Voice to compete on.

1 hour ago, Hamza Tufail said:

That's exactly my point. Racism exists in every corner of the world, there's no denying that. But here it doesn't even hold a candle to sexism and Blake Bias.

I don't think it's a racism or sexism bias. I think it mostly comes down to The Voice audience preferring a specific singing style, genre, the sound of male voices rather than female voices, and/or Blake. My past favorites on The Voice include Wendy, Lauren, and Danielle. Still, I usually prefer to listen to the deeper vocals of male singers. It has nothing to do with the artist being male versus female. It's all about the SOUND of their voices.

• Like 3

I heard Morgan explain in more detail why she didn’t choose Blake. She assumed his team would be loaded with country singers, and didn’t want to be put in that box. She also said she knew John’s team would be loaded with powerhouse singers. She felt like she’d have more freedom to be  herself on Team Camila. Most of us questioned that decision at the time, but it turned out to be the right move. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I heard Morgan explain in more detail why she didn’t choose Blake. She assumed his team would be loaded with country singers, and didn’t want to be put in that box. She also said she knew John’s team would be loaded with powerhouse singers. She felt like she’d have more freedom to be  herself on Team Camila. Most of us questioned that decision at the time, but it turned out to be the right move. 

Yes, it worked out well for Morgan. But if she had chosen Blake instead and he liked working with her, I have no doubt she would've made the finale on his team, too.