The Voice ● S22 ● Spoilers/News/Updates πŸ‚

Someone648

6 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Radio isn’t the end all and he all in country radio anymore. Several of the hottest male acts in country aren’t on radio at all. I get that if you have been trying to make it in one genre for a while maybe you don’t want to keep beating your head against the wall. However, even the β€œcross-genre” artists have a home genre they tended to make it in first. I don’t think declaring yourself cross genre will help your career πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

Β 

Also as sexist as country radio is, it’s not as bad as it was. There are currently two women in the top 10 and several more in the top 30

I don't think Eric Church gets a lot of radio play, or Sturgill Simpson, although he's been more of a hybrid in the last few years.

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I've noticed IDF is kind of digging the country guys this season.Β  Funny how this is the season where we only end up with 1 on the lives lol. (*cough* S16 *cough* S19)

Β 

How ironic πŸ’€

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I've noticed IDF is kind of digging the country guys this season.Β  Funny how this is the season where we only end up with 1 on the lives lol. (*cough* S16 *cough* S19)

If you consider the official YT videos as reflecting the mindset of TPTB, it’s two. Check out how they captioned Brayden Lape’s BA:

Β 

Β 

Edited by AngelaKD

20 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Blake/TPTB turn him country.Β 

Some of the covers I’ve seen from him are country songs so he does have a foot in that lane already but yes will not be at all surprised if they lean into itΒ 

Edited by jem128

55 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Can you name any female acts that have followed the non-radio path and would be considered successful?

Kacey Musgraves, Brandi Carlisle, Priscilla Block is just starting to chart at radio after being a massive streamer, Ashley CookeΒ 

Β 

and the men I was thinking of are like Zach Bryan and Cody Jinks.Β 
Β 

It is 100% easier to break into streaming or radio or anything if you’re male…but the idea that it’s all country radio, or that country radio still only plays two women is outdatedΒ 

16 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Kacey Musgraves, Brandi Carlisle, Priscilla Block is just starting to chart at radio after being a massive streamer, Ashley CookeΒ 

Β 

and the men I was thinking of are like Zach Bryan and Cody Jinks.Β 
Β 

It is 100% easier to break into streaming or radio or anything if you’re male…but the idea that it’s all country radio, or that country radio still only plays two women is outdatedΒ 

Very few. As she was rising through the ranks several years ago, radio was pretty much it, and there were basically two females at any given time getting radio play. Β Now, she’s 35. It seems like you’re trying to discredit what she said. Anyway, she’s able to make a living as a full time musician, which is more than most of them can say.Β 

Edited by TeamAudra

7 minutes ago, MulherPepita said:

This is literally the only version of Hey Ya that I've ever liked. I don't know what Kique will do with it so that he wins his KO

Β 

Β 

Troy Ritchie's version on Season 7 is fantastic, Christiana Danielle's version is pretty ok and very very distinct from the original.

Β 

Regarding Kique, I had the conversation about how he did it and we compared it Troy's. I don't recall off the top of my head all the details but it was a very good flip, it built up so I assume it started somewhat slower, but they said it was different than Troy. The coaches seemed to like it the best of his taping and multiple sources agreed, so we might be going into something really special and unique. Gotta wait a month or two to see it though :haha:

Β 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Very few. As she was rising through the ranks several years ago, radio was pretty much it, and there were basically two females at any given time getting radio play. Β Now, she’s 35. It seems like you’re trying to discredit what she said. Anyway, she’s able to make a living as a full time musician, which is more than most of them can say.Β 

No, I was pointing out that what she was saying is no longer as accurate, as multiple people on idf were debating which two current females were the chosen ones.
Β 

I completely understand her frustration. I just don’t think there is much evidence that being a β€œgenre less” artist really works.Β 

29 minutes ago, MulherPepita said:

This is literally the only version of Hey Ya that I've ever liked. I don't know what Kique will do with it so that he wins his KO

Β 

Β 

Troy Ritchie's version is really good.

Β 

I also like Avi Kaplan's version (ex Pentatonix member). Good use of bass notes.

Β 

I'm intrigued to hear Kique's.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

We have the Dryes and Morgan Taylor confirmed on Monday based on last night's promo. I think others we're shown too but I didnt catch them.

There’s one girl in the middle that I can’t identify. Not Sasha, not Lana…

2 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

I guess that’s technically true, since it’s been since 2020 which IS more than one year ago.Β 
Β 

But your post implies that Blake is washed up in country radio and he’s definitely not.

Β 

He’s obviously not a β€œyoung gun” anymore, but he’s far from irrelevant.

Blake hasn't made any good music in awhile though. Not that those other guys do make good music but the quality of his music has really gone down hill.

9 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I feel like Kate and Alyssa must've really stepped their game up in the KOs. Kate was stolen while being in the same KO as Jay, and Alyssa beat out two other people after having an uneven audition.

Kate got real good feedback for her KO and Alyssa/Ian got a really good song choice that I think definitely suits them. Expecting high praise for their performances.