The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

Hear me out, as of now, i'm not totally sold on Grace, but she clearly loves country music and i'm hoping she stays on that lane during her whole run, no matter how long or short it is. Morgan making it to the finale being country-adjacent last season was nice but for this seasoni, want a great female country singer that is 100% country, especially since that doesn't seem to be the case with neither Holly or Marykate.

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Hear me out, as of now, i'm not totally sold on Grace, but she clearly loves country music and i'm hoping she stays on that lane during her whole run, no matter how long or short it is. Morgan making it to the finale being country-adjacent last season was nice but for this seasoni, want a great female country singer that is 100% country, especially since that doesn't seem to be the case with neither Holly or Marykate.

I feel like the last two traditional/bro-country females we had were Abby Kasch and Bailey Rae. I don’t remember either being received well by IDF, but I could be wrong.

Edited by Jaffy
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Jaffy said:

I feel like the last two traditional/bro-country females we had were Abby Kasch and Bailey Rae. I don’t remember either being received well by IDF, but I could be wrong.

I could be remembering wrong, but I think Abby just wasn't that good lol. I preferred Rebecca easily.

Bailey was pretty good, but probably people got mad that she beat Sid. To me it's a clear case of strategy and John wanting to work with a country artist, I don't think he actually believed that she was better. Maybe she just wasn't my thing, but I preferred her country performances, when she did Georgia On My Mind which isn't a country song it was probably her weakest imo.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jaffy said:

I said "great" :stealth:

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, nytsch said:

I could be remembering wrong, but I think Abby just wasn't that good lol. I preferred Rebecca easily.

Bailey was pretty good, but probably people got mad that she beat Sid. To me it's a clear case of strategy and John wanting to work with a country artist, I don't think he actually believed that she was better. Maybe she just wasn't my thing, but I preferred her country performances, when she did Georgia On My Mind which isn't a country song it was probably her weakest imo.

Agree with all of this. Rebecca reminded me of Alisan Porter, even more than Morgan who shared half her setlist, and Taryn Papa was even more like her. All incredible.

23 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I said "great" :stealth:

BURN! SAVAGE! LOL!

Edited by Jaffy

31 minutes ago, nytsch said:

I would say the most bro country singer that season was Ben Allen. Ian Flanigan was more gravelly and Jim Ranger was more Americana.

42 minutes ago, CocoaPuffs said:

I didn’t realize Niall was so short 😭! And also do we know the battle advisors yet

Surprisingly no. We usually do before today. I forget who it was but someone asked if there was a chance there were no battle advisors this year. These would be my pick if they could have two.

Niall - Harry Styles and Sam Smith

Chance - Rihanna and Bruno Mars

Kelly - Adele and Toni Braxton

Blake - Dolly Parton and Reba McEntire

KO Mentors: Billie Eilish and Phoebe Bridgers or if they could afford him, Sir Paul McCartney.

Edited by Jaffy

34 minutes ago, Jaffy said:

Surprisingly no. We usually do before today. I forget who it was but someone asked if there was a chance there were no battle advisors this year. These would be my pick if they could have two.

Niall - Harry Styles and Sam Smith

Chance - Rihanna and Bruno Mars

Kelly - Adele and Toni Braxton

Blake - Dolly Parton and Reba McEntire

KO Mentors: Billie Eilish and Phoebe Bridgers or if they could afford him, Paul McCartney.

Are Harry and Niall still close? If so I hopeeeeee this happens 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jaffy said:

Traditional and bro-country are way different. Bailey Rae is more traditional, and I could never get into her, but she was still pretty good. Meanwhile, Abby Kasch should have never even turned a chair, especially when Luna, Crystal, and Callista from the same season didn’t turn chairs.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Anybody354 said:

Traditional and bro-country are way different. Bailey Rae is more traditional, and I could never get into her, but she was still pretty good. Meanwhile, Abby Kasch should have never even turned a chair, especially when Luna, Crystal, and Callista from the same season didn’t turn chairs.

Abby was too karaoke to begin with.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Most of the people on here don’t seem to have an actual grasp of what “bro-country” means ::):

I noticed that too, but I just let it go.  Bro-country is the opposite of traditional country. 

This is bro-country:

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Most of the people on here don’t seem to have an actual grasp of what “bro-country” means ::):

Putting it in a slash with traditional country was weird enough, but putting that label on Abby Kasch doesn’t really make sense either. She sang upbeat country songs, but nothing near bro country. That’s like calling “Before He Cheats” bro-country

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, seak05 said:

From my understanding (although maybe I’m wrong), bro-country is the more shallow, modern “country” that sort of just sounds like twangy pop. Examples include Walker Hayes and Florida Georgia Line.

My favorite modern male country artists are Luke Combs and Zach Bryan. I’ve starting listening to more country as well, I’m sure there are some other good ones as well as … stuff like Florida Georgia Line.

• Like 1