The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

2 hours ago, Anybody354 said:

From my understanding (although maybe I’m wrong), bro-country is the more shallow, modern “country” that sort of just sounds like twangy pop. Examples include Walker Hayes and Florida Georgia Line.

My favorite modern male country artists are Luke Combs and Zach Bryan. I’ve starting listening to more country as well, I’m sure there are some other good ones as well as … stuff like Florida Georgia Line.

Not exactly. It’s not just the sound, it’s also the subject matter. Let’s put it this way. In traditional country, you sing about drinking because you’re heartbroken. In bro country, you sing about drinking because you like to party and pick up girls.

Bro country is country music for frat boys, not blue collar guys.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I would describe him as singer-songwriter country-rock. There’s a lot of crossover appeal there, without watering down with rap beats and such. 

Yes, but he just doesn’t …. Sing all that well. Turnpike troubadours, Jason Isbell, Tyler Childers, Chris Stapleton (all popular from the male side, there are many excellent women). 

low-key though I don’t think Luke combs is much beyond bro-country lyrically. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

Not exactly. It’s not just the sound, it’s also the subject matter. Let’s put it this way. In traditional country, you sing about drinking because you’re heartbroken. In bro country, you sing about drinking because you like to party and pick up girls.

Bro country is country music for frat boys, not blue collar guys.

I agree, and that’s why I called bro-country “shallow” (that being said, I’m in college rn so some of the themes in bro-country are slightly relatable even if I find the subject matter and delivery to be cringy).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Yes, but he just doesn’t …. Sing all that well. Turnpike troubadours, Jason Isbell, Tyler Childers, Chris Stapleton (all popular from the male side, there are many excellent women). 

I’m not talking about attending his live shows…just his recorded music. I like it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I don’t exactly disagree, but while some of Luke Combs’s music may be similar to bro-country, at the same time, his music feels more relatable, authentic, and heartfelt. It also helps that he has a pretty good voice (just from a technical standpoint), and I like his tone a lot.

That being said, I’ve only listened to a few of his songs, so maybe I’m not the most well-versed in his music. 

• Like 1

Eric Church is not a stellar vocalist by any means, but I do think his voice has personality and he's pretty much doing things in country that not a lot of his male peers are doing. Listen to "The Snake" or "Creepin". You won't find Aldean, Bryan or Rhett doing anything remotely close to that.

• Like 1

Has anybody done “Marry Me” by Thomas Rhett yet? I remember that being one of the better modern pop country songs.(despite most of Rhett’s other stuff being…. not great)

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 2

I know we’ve kinda veered from the topic but now I’m curious lol - is there such a thing as female artist doing bro-country? I mean theoretically sure, but a big part of that genre seems to be the lyrics and inherently a female point of view would be different.

Like… Carrie’s Southbound maybe?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Has anybody done “Marry Me” by Thomas Rhett yet? I remember that being one of the better modern pop country songs.(despite most of Rhett’s other stuff being…. not great)

Nobody has. And yeah, I agree with your opinion on the song. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nytsch said:

I know we’ve kinda veered from the topic but now I’m curious lol - is there such a thing as female artist doing bro-country? I mean theoretically sure, but a big part of that genre seems to be the lyrics and inherently a female point of view would be different.

Like… Carrie’s Southbound maybe?

I mean plenty of women have sung about trucks, hot guys, and partying. But they tend to stick more to pop country, then leaning into the rap aspects.

(and plenty of old school country has talked about hot girls, partying, and trucks too..it’s more the combination and the pervasiveness, like it’s 90% of fgl and Luke b’s catalogue) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mohammad said:

When will we get new info/when will the OP be updated? Thank you!

Still at work for a few hours. Would love to post it later tonight, or if not, in the morning.

Was waiting on a reply from somebody but if I don’t get it, I’ll just post as is. Just so y’all anticipate, it’s gonna be a presumed top 40 (well… 38/40 really) with names. We have some evidence for these names that I won’t get into specific details of until after battles tape, just to ignore confusion/accidental mistakes.

Just so y’all get an idea of what might happen during battles. Take whatever I post with a grain of salt bc each recent season has presented its own set of challenges with spoilers lol.

So if you’re staying awake late anticipating something in the next 4-5 hrs, please get some rest lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

37 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Still at work for a few hours. Would love to post it later tonight, or if not, in the morning.

Was waiting on a reply from somebody but if I don’t get it, I’ll just post as is. Just so y’all anticipate, it’s gonna be a presumed top 40 (well… 38/40 really) with names. We have some evidence for these names that I won’t get into specific details of until after battles tape, just to ignore confusion/accidental mistakes.

Just so y’all get an idea of what might happen during battles. Take whatever I post with a grain of salt bc each recent season has presented its own set of challenges with spoilers lol.

So if you’re staying awake late anticipating something in the next 4-5 hrs, please get some rest lol.

Why 38/40? Just curious? Did two people drop out?

Ok so I'm posting these first just so they don't get blatantly ignored with the follow up post of the top 40:

Taping 5 Additions:

Kala Banham (TBA) - Turned Niall and Kelly. Niall BLOCKED Kelly. Default to NIALL.

Kylee Hendrickson (TBA) - Turned Blake, Niall, and Chance. Picked BLAKE.

^Still waiting on a potential correction, but Kylee's audition should be the one in the promo where Blake has the huge arrow pointing over him.

New Names

Magnus Instagram | YouTube | TikTok

Michael B. Williams Instagram | YouTube | TikTok

*We have Magnus from taping 1 but as for Michael and all the other names that weren't already confirmed, take it with a grain of salt.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6