The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

16 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Rip their dm's. 

cmon guys, this isn’t the way to extract spoilers, y’all should rethink your methods.

hey @Someone648 have you ever seen this clip of Brandon Flowers and Lady Gaga singing together?

or how about be like Brandon & Ronnie on the 22nd of September 2017?

there’s more where that came from!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Yeah, but seems like wayy more critical with celine dion songs.. 

Yeah I'd say those are my top 3 as well. Along with Joshua's rendition of ashes. Not sure how you feel about that one though..

Not to trigger you, but what's the worst Celine dion cover you've heard on the show? 🙂

If you think so, just ask my mom how she thinks. I'm the friendly version compared to her lmao.

Joshua's wasn't terrible, but at best it was only okay. His true mistake was "MHWGO"

The worst...... Honestly maybe Omar, but with that song it's just picking who was better at performing karaoke, and Omar was the worst. 

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

The whole season without Desz would have been pure trash, honestly

Personally wouldnt go that far, but would have definitely been far less enjoyable. A lot of the more interesting contestants left in the first live rounds or didn't even make it, and I personally didn't enjoy Carter Rubin even if he was consistent and technically very good. So DesZ kind of saved the lives as a whole for me even if I did like Jim in the last 2 rounds and John in the first 2.

Was there any way Sid could have made it past the Playoffs if it was a regular season? I assume Jim and Ian would be the PVs and Blake would probably save Worth The Wait. I guess he could win the Wildcard if he was in it. And considering the competition in that situation (Madeline, Chloe, Joseph) he probably would’ve won it.

No one likes S19? Lol. Yeah DeSz was my favorite but I didn't dislike anyone in the finale which is rarely the case lol. The only other ones that come to mind where I actually liked everyone was S10 and S13, and they were only 4 people (maybe there were a few earlier ones too but I'm too lazy to think of it)

EDIT: S18 I guess but Todd wasn't winner caliber imo so that kinda made it worse for me even though I did like them all to some degree

Edited by nytsch

4 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Generally I would agree with you if the majority of contestants delivered live, but tbh thats not the case a lot of the time.  The thing with the powerhouses on this show though is they're usually one of, if not the most consistent singers every season. So even if you have a weak night of performances you can generally rely on them to deliver

I mean, I'm just imagining season 14 and 19 without Kyla and Desz were lives were at their weakest.. yikes.

I liked Desz, but John and Carter were both excellent live singers from a technical standpoint. If you didn’t like them as singers that’s fine, but that’s not the point you were making.

Anyways, I’m hoping we have powerhouse singers, but it would be cool if Blake won in his final season with an AA female (“powerhouse” or other)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I liked Desz, but John and Carter were both excellent live singers from a technical standpoint. If you didn’t like them as singers that’s fine, but that’s not the point you were making.

That's why I said powerhouse singers are usually one of, if not the most consistent singers each season.

Meaning that they are usually one of the best and sometimes the number 1. I'd argue Desz was top 3 along with those 2, so she'd qualify.

5 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Anyways, I’m hoping we have powerhouse singers, but it would be cool if Blake won in his final season with an AA female (“powerhouse” or other)

Agreed.

Edited by Hsamid

2 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Was there any way Sid could have made it past the Playoffs if it was a regular season? I assume Jim and Ian would be the PVs and Blake would probably save Worth The Wait. I guess he could win the Wildcard if he was in it. And considering the competition in that situation (Madeline, Chloe, Joseph) he probably would’ve won it.

If it was the same songs, no way. Sid was screwed the minute Ian got MYFML. If they switched songs, Sid might have a better chance. 

6 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

If it was the same songs, no way. Sid was screwed the minute Ian got MYFML. If they switched songs, Sid might have a better chance. 

I didn’t mean get a PV, he was never getting that given the rest of Team Blake. He should’ve just stayed on John’s team tbh but John had to toss him away. He could’ve been the second PV on that guy’s team if it was a full season.

Edited by FloorWax

31 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I didn’t mean get a PV, he was never getting that given the rest of Team Blake. He should’ve just stayed on John’s team tbh but John had to toss him away. He could’ve been the second PV on that guy’s team if it was a full season.

Ah I see. Yeah, John was so gung-ho on doing something different with Bailey that season that he didn't see how good he had with Sid. His loss.

• Like 1

Sid would have probably gotten PV had John kept him on his team. John H wasnt a Minivan darling, they just really didnt like the rest of the team. 

As for Team Blake, it was a tough mountain to climb. Jim got a bad song choice, but Ian got a great one. Meanwhile Sid got one that is not bad per se, but goes nowhere, which is not what he needed.

8 hours ago, Hsamid said:

I mean, it's not like we can't have a AA powerhouse singer and variety. I'd say season 22 is a good example. (Atleast until the finale)

Generally I would agree with you if the majority of contestants delivered live, but tbh thats not the case a lot of the time.  The thing with the powerhouses on this show though is they're usually one of, if not the most consistent singers every season. So even if you have a weak night of performances you can generally rely on them to deliver

Kim, Wendy, Dana, Desz, Toneisha, Rose, None in s16, Kymberli, Kyla, Keisha, none in s12 (i dont consider Vanessa one), Ali.

That's 10 out of the 12 last seasons were almost everytime you could rely on the powerhouse to give one of the best performances from a technical and pitch standpoint on any given round.

I mean, I'm just imagining season 14 and 19 without Kyla and Desz were lives were at their weakest.. yikes.

Ofc this is colored by my Bias for showy vocalists, but I don't feel like I'm wrong with soulful powerhouses generally being the most reliable vocalists on the show.

This is a good point, as AA powerhouses tend to be very consistent, and from a technical standpoint, they are extremely skilled.