Songs of the 2000s Mini Rankdowns (2023 Round)

Steven_

TOP 20 OF 2013

"The Way" – Ariana Grande feat. Mac Miller

"Sail" – Awolnation

"Sweet Nothing" – Calvin Harris feat. Florence Welch

"Safe and Sound" – Capital Cities

"I Love It" – Icona Pop feat. Charli XCX

"Radioactive" – Imagine Dragons

"Mirrors" – Justin Timberlake

"Applause" – Lady Gaga

"Summertime Sadness" – Lana Del Rey and Cédric Gervais 

"Royals" – Lorde

"Wrecking Ball" – Miley Cyrus

"Mama's Broken Heart" – Miranda Lambert

"Little Talks" – Of Monsters and Men

"Best Song Ever" – One Direction

"Counting Stars" – OneRepublic

"Still Into You" – Paramore

"Gone, Gone, Gone" – Phillip Phillips

"Stay" – Rihanna feat. Mikky Ekko

"I Knew You Were Trouble" – Taylor Swift

"Clarity" – Zedd feat. Foxes

Rankers can now send me their rankings. Write-ups aren't required, but comments are appreciated. The deadline for rankings is by the end of the day Thursday, September 22nd.

@jarmon @Alex95 @#jeah @*Chris @Qorey @FrogLenzen @*Diana @taylorkat @*Lily @NGM @QueenKalie @.Rei @rdhaley96 @1234567890 @*Wallace

2 hours ago, *Lily said:

VOTE TO ADVANCE SIX SONGS

"Sail" – Awolnation - 5 (Akshar, Derek, Rei, Alex, Nico)

"Locked Out of Heaven" – Bruno Mars - 4 (Steven, Corey, Vicilla, Wallace)

"Sweet Nothing" – Calvin Harris feat. Florence Welch - 6 (Derek, Chris, Nico, Corey, Vicilla, Lily)

"Safe and Sound" – Capital Cities - 5 (Richard, Andy, Rei, Alex, Corey)

"Body Party" – Ciara - 3 (Andy, Chris, Lily)

"Next to Me" – Emeli Sandé - 4 (Chris, Alex, Gigi, Wallace)

"Radioactive" – Imagine Dragons - 5 (Richard, QK, Rei, Alex, Wallace)

"Applause" – Lady Gaga - 7 (Richard, Derek, Chris, Diana, Rei, Corey, Gigi)

"Royals" – Lorde - 7 (Akshar, Richard, Andy, QK, Diana, Nico, Vicilla)

"Can't Hold Us" – Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton - 3 (Derek, Corey, Wallace)

"Wrecking Ball" – Miley Cyrus - 9 (Steven, Akshar, Richard, QK, Chris, Diana, Gigi, Vicilla, Lily)

"Counting Stars" – OneRepublic - 6 (Steven, Derek, QK, Rei, Nico, Wallace)

"Still Into You" – Paramore - 8 (Akshar, Andy, QK, Alex, Nico, Corey, Gigi, Lily)

"Gone, Gone, Gone" – Phillip Phillips - 5 (Steven, Akshar, Richard, Diana, Vicilla)

"Stay" – Rihanna feat. Mikky Ekko - 9 (Steven, Andy, Chris, Diana, Rei, Alex, Gigi, Vicilla, Wallace)

"Clarity" – Zedd feat. Foxes - 9 (Steven, Akshar, Derek, Andy, QK, Diana, Nico, Gigi, Lily)

I thought I could counjt on you for Next to Me 😢 #Robbed 

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, rdhaley96 said:

That's okay, not all of us can have taste.~ :giggle:

There's just a few that I could have done without, and I feel there's too many songs that are the same in the Top 20... I just really hated 2013 in music :haha: 

2 hours ago, Steven_ said:

ELIMINATED

"Locked Out of Heaven" – Bruno Mars

"Body Party" – Ciara

"Next to Me" – Emeli Sandé

"Can't Hold Us" – Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton

Sad to lose "Locked Out of Heaven," "Can't Hold Us" and "Next to Me." 😭 As I love all of those songs and would have loved seeing them in the finals. :broken: 

Also a bit sad for "Body Party" as I love Ciara and do like the song though it's not one of my top favorites from her.

6 hours ago, Qorey said:

Wallace saves "Locked out of Heaven" from elimination, only to give points to each of the other three songs that it could have beat in a tiebreaker round.  😒

I doubt it would have won the tiebreaker vote. :( But ugh that was something I didn't really think about as I loved a lot of songs with lesser votes and I wish I could have saved them. But sad and didn't seem to work out. :broken: 

I do like most of the Top 20 and do I prefer it over last year's. I see a lot of bigger faves/more personal Top 20 faves in there (and other faves not in my Top 20), at least. Although yeah I would have preferred some other songs in over other songs but that's how it always is. 

I think this year is the best of any year since I started participating in 2011.  At the very least, there will no Adele to hog two thirds of the top three, so that's a definite plus. Things were really much better in the previous decade, though. 😄

2 hours ago, Qorey said:

I don't get all the Bruno hate on here. Did he do something on social media that I don't know about? 😕

I don't get it either. 

5 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Bruno's slow songs are excruciating but I love his uptempo stuff. I think Tom is the only who who hates him for whatever reason

He's extremely talented and does slow and uptempo songs really well, both of which I love. :( But yeah I know it's only really a Tom thing

I'll fight harder for some of his songs in future rounds but hope someone will be willing to advance certain songs of his with me. Cause he deserves to have something in the finals at some point. :closedeyes: