Contestants Who Visited Idolforums?

Mistake006

8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Visited? All of them. I’m pretty sure even some of them from past seasons visit frequently to check their fan threads. Made an account? I think a contestant named Evan McKeel from way back made an account.  

Yeah, the visited list is long (maybe even all of them lol.) I didn’t know about Evan McKeel. Thanks for sharing! ^_^

Will Breman thanked his biggest supporters and also called out his haters on IDF.

Corey obviously has read it based on one of his past IG stories

And there´s also Deion Warren.

But I´m pretty sure that at leaste 90 % of the contestants each season have read it at least once. There obviously might be some people who refuse to look at it or are not that interested in what people think about them.

Edited by Misirlou

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Will Breman thanked his biggest supporters and also called out his haters on IDF.

Corey obviously has read it based on one of his past IG stories

And there´s also Deion Warren.

Lol, I wish I could have seen that. 😂

Oh yeah, he did the I D F 😁 thing. 

Yep, and he probably still reads it, since he read the gossip thread.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Lol, I wish I could have seen that. 😂

He, Kat Hammock, and Shane Q (the 3 most controversial S17 contestants on IDF, along with Hello Sunday) called out their haters here around 4:50. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAdLkRFFrBr/

They never explicitly mentioned IDF, but its quite obvious that they are thinking about it when they are referencing the haters. Like I said, Will has thanked IDF supporters while responding to a comment on another post that I don´t remember.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

He, Kat Hammock, and Shane Q (the 3 most controversial S17 contestants on IDF, along with Hello Sunday) called out their haters here around 4:50. 

They never explicitly mentioned IDF, but its quite obvious that they are thinking about it when they are referencing the haters. Like I said, Will has thanked IDF supporters while responding to a comment on another post that I don´t remember.

Will: “Say it to my face, dude.” :haha:

Some stuff can go too far, but they are putting themselves out there to be judged. As long as people don’t get personal and nasty, I don’t see a problem with it, even when I don’t agree. We aren’t all going to like the same music/styles/tones, etc. 

I think they should avoid reading the general threads, but I doubt most of them will take that advice. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I think they should avoid reading the general threads, but I doubt most of them will take that advice. 

Deion reading the gOsSiP thread :dead: He was just asking for trouble with that one. :haha:

9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Will: “Say it to my face, dude.” :haha:

Some stuff can go too far, but they are putting themselves out there to be judged. As long as people don’t get personal and nasty, I don’t see a problem with it, even when I don’t agree. We aren’t all going to like the same music/styles/tones, etc. 

At some point I´d imagine most contestants find out about IDF and can´t help but be tempted about finding out what people think about them. I´m sure contestants like Maelyn and Cam could pretty much look everywhere here and find love at every corner, but others don´t have that kind of reputation here. 

I do agree that people should probably just go to their fan threads, since that´s where the good stuff is waiting for them. 

And for the record, I know this is relative to every person, but these three (Shane, Will and Kat) handled the hate in a more calm and efficient way that Deion did. And they recieved waaaay more negativity here. A few people crossed the line with them every now and then.

36 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Oh yeah, he did the I D F 😁 thing. 

Now that it is all over- I can now finally reveal that Corey DMed me that time (right after he posted his story) on Instagram out of nowhere, and told me to look at his story that time LMAO. I was first weirded out by it, I thought he had a wrong message sent or something. thanks to Bk I figured it out 😂

• Haha 2

I feel really bad because I've been picturing contestants like Kat or Hello Sunday reading IDF and seeing all the negativity. For people so young it really could break spirits. The comments on Hello Sunday's performances on YouTube back then were extremely harsh and unecessary back then, I would see people commenting stuff like "Whenever they sing, it makes my ears bleed because their pitch is all over the place" (Hopefully they were able to get past that and continue doing what they love) I hope everyone can deliver deliver criticism in a more constructive and empathetic manner because we often forget that they are just people trying to make a career or a living for themselves. 😅😥

1 hour ago, ThrowawayCrayon said:

I feel really bad because I've been picturing contestants like Kat or Hello Sunday reading IDF and seeing all the negativity. For people so young it really could break spirits. The comments on Hello Sunday's performances on YouTube back then were extremely harsh and unecessary back then, I would see people commenting stuff like "Whenever they sing, it makes my ears bleed because their pitch is all over the place" (Hopefully they were able to get past that and continue doing what they love) I hope everyone can deliver deliver criticism in a more constructive and empathetic manner because we often forget that they are just people trying to make a career or a living for themselves. 😅😥

I feel the worst for people like Christine or Jamal who got nothing but hate. They were probably nervous in the blinds and they got bad songs in the battles and never got to show their full potential. I’m sure they’re capable of much more and they just got unlucky. I try to abstain from saying anything too negative or hateful on here because that can really ruin their confidence as singers

Edited by Mistake006
  • Like 2
  • Sad 4

Probably the earliest story I remember was during S14 when a user made a poll and only included one option for “worst singer of the night”. Jamella (Brynn’s KO partner) called them out for the poll and mentioned it on her IG story, and talked about it on her Instagram live that day. It was not her in the poll but she was friends with the only contestant mentioned in that question. That was the first time I realized that contestants read IDF, and probably the only time I know of where a contestant called out a specific user.

5 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Ok why do Shane's eyelashes look so professional?

1 hour ago, Cookie73 said:

Probably the earliest story I remember was during S14 when a user made a poll and only included one option for “worst singer of the night”. Jamella (Brynn’s KO partner) called them out for the poll and mentioned it on her IG story, and talked about it on her Instagram live that day. It was not her in the poll but she was friends with the only contestant mentioned in that question. That was the first time I realized that contestants read IDF, and probably the only time I know of where a contestant called out a specific user.

She reached out to me to talk about that thread lol. I don't even remember what was said and I don't even remember who made that post, but she was respectful and rightfully annoyed. She did have a couple of lives in which she ranted. She also complained because some users were shipping contestants with each other and making threads, which is obviously really cringe.

5 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

He was here after he got eliminated.

Can't confirm, but I think he also holds the most reactions for a post in this subforum 🤣