What would you think of a Kenzie Wheeler win (S20)?

Misirlou

What would you think of a Kenzie Wheeler win (S20)?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Choose:

• He´s my favorite, so I would be ecstatic!
    • Not my first choice to win, but wouldn´t be mad if he does.
    • I would hate it.

3 hours ago, QueenCami said:

Not first choice. I would prefer others to win, but his KO showed that he's an excellent vocalist, so I wouldn't be too mad, I guess. Same thing as with the Hoot.

Well said ! He wouldn’t be a to-tier winner but at this point it seems inevitable so let’s get used to it lol

1 hour ago, Daillon said:

He’s a great vocalist, but not my cup of the tea so I will probably meh about it. Hate is too strong of a word though so I voted the 2nd option.

A great vocalist? Uh no. He’s a decent singer. The only reason people think he’ll win is because he sings country. 

The same guy with the same voice singing middle of the road pop wouldn’t stand a chance of winning.

• Like 4

Just now, AngelaKD said:

A great vocalist? Uh no. He’s a decent singer. The only reason people think he’ll win is because he sings country. 

You are free to express your opinion, but the way I see it, a just decent singer wouldn't have survived a singing competition with that KO song he got.

4 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

The same guy with the same voice singing middle of the road pop wouldn’t stand a chance of winning.

Who do you think is the winner then?

He would be one of my least favorite winners, but come on, he’s the best country vocalist since Adam W. without question.

Just now, Daillon said:

he’s the best country vocalist since Adam W. without question.

I've been watching only since S13 and I can say he's the strongest male country vocalist I've seen on the show.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I've been watching only since S13 and I can say he's the strongest male country vocalist I've seen on the show.

I'd call him the best male country vocalist since Sundance. And who knows? maybe he'll even surpass him once we see the lives.

1 hour ago, Daillon said:

Who do you think is the winner then?

He would be one of my least favorite winners, but come on, he’s the best country vocalist since Adam W. without question.

I didn’t say he wouldn’t win. I said the likelihood of his winning is due to his genre.

Honestly, Kenzie outsings all of the S16 and S19 country guys put together in my opinion. He also has more range than Hoot and Sundance (check his "Take it Easy" cover on Facebook). 

I wouldnt call him better than Adam W, because that guy is an anomaly, but he's right there with him. I like Adam's grit better, but I prefer Kenzie's tone.

12 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I definitely have others I like more than Kenzie, but he's talented enough that he got IDF to call a freaking bro-country song his best vocal performance, so I wouldn't be upset to see him win either.

It’s bro-country but it’s not the really objectionable kind. It has a strong rock vibe. 

Anyway, one thing I’m wondering about Kenzie is whether he can make songs his own. My guess is we won’t be seeing that from him. I know he changed the key for part of his blind, but that’s not what I’m talking about. Is there anything unique about his voice or style that sets him apart from similar country vocalists, past or present. I don’t think so, tbh. 

Edited by TeamAudra

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s bro-country but it’s not the really objectionable kind. It has a strong rock vibe. 

Anyway, one thing I’m wondering about Kenzie is whether he can make songs his own. My guess is we won’t be seeing that from him. I know he changed the key for part of his blind, but that’s not what I’m talking about. Is there anything unique about his voice or style that sets him apart from similar country vocalists, past or present. I don’t think so, tbh. 

Yeah, but the fact it's not a more "classic" song like The Dance or Anymore getting that reaction still surprised me (and agreed on that second part, but Kenzie knows his voice and what he does well, so I'm not too worried about his odds of making it far on the show).

6 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Yeah, but the fact it's not a more "classic" song like The Dance or Anymore getting that reaction still surprised me (and agreed on that second part, but Kenzie knows his voice and what he does well, so I'm not too worried about his odds of making it far on the show).

Yeah, I don’t think it affects his ability to win the show either, but it might affect my interest in what he does post-show. 

Just now, TeamAudra said:

I think we maybe we won't see him changing arrangements because he seems like the type of singer who knows what he wants to sing, and its pretty straightforward.

In terms of vocal style, I'd say he put out some good moments in his blind that you probably wont find in any other version of that song (Going high on the "let yesterday go" part). His battle was more straightforward but I enjoyed the way he enlogated the note in the "where the cool grass grows". And in his KO, we obviously had the "one hand" part where he showed power, and the growl at the beginning of the chorus.

The thing is, he doesnt necesarily offer anything new, but he's excellent at what he does. Its hard not to root for that.

20 hours ago, Daillon said:

20 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I'd call him the best male country vocalist since Sundance. And who knows? maybe he'll even surpass him once we see the lives.

18 hours ago, Misirlou said:

I wouldnt call him better than Adam W, because that guy is an anomaly, but he's right there with him. I like Adam's grit better, but I prefer Kenzie's tone.

Where would you guys place CWB? Just curious to know.