• Olivia Ximines
  3. 3. Favorite Male Contestant?

• DeWayne Crocker, Jr.
    • Dibesh Pokharel (a.k.a. Arthur Gunn)
    • Franklin Boone
    • Louis Knight
    • Nick Merico

Just now, CarmenSandiego said:

Olivia is coming back?  Great!  She’s someone who was screwed by performing from at home last season.

her bad guy was decent enough imo and that would've been AMAZING had she have the stage to perform it. her and makayla obviously are performers

I was thinking about watching this season because it seemed to have an actually reasonable schedule for a top 24... but now it’s a top 34 and I have no interest in half the returning contestants... I’m fine skipping 

Now I lost interest.... if they announced this in the beginning of the season, I would be fine. But it seems they are screwing the current Top 24 over. The last season artists had their chance, its over and done. They should have waited for a new season or something. 

• Like 4

Just now, QueenMae16 said:

Now I lost interest.... if they announced this in the beginning of the season, I would be fine. But it seems they are screwing the current Top 24 over. The last season artists had their chance, its over and done. They should have waited for a new season or something. 

We barely even know almost half them because there are some who were favored of too much screentime 🤷🏻‍♀️

that's sad. but yeah

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Well it’s not exactly like they knew the world would be in a global pandemic and their live shows would get shortened to The Voice levels when they audition in the summer of 2019. 🙄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

Well it’s not exactly like they knew the world would be in a global pandemic and their live shows would get shortened to The Voice levels when they audition in the summer of 2019. 🙄

I'm not saying to forget them. I'm saying they could have waited for a redo or something for them on ANOTHER season. The Top 24 fought already, and for them to get screwed by 10 returning artists from just last season, is unacceptable.

• Like 2

I love Arthur Gunn and Makayla Phillips so much. But I feel like they should not be allowed to compete against this year's contestants. They should just hold a separate, albeit concurrent, season. But that will be unfair to Just Sam, I guess?

• Like 2

I feel like they need to have one week where they choose 2/3/4 of the 10 contestants to join the other contestants and then the competition continues on as normal for the rest. Maybe at Top 10 or Top 12? Idk. Either way, the Finals portion of the show is going to be a very rushed and messy format. 

Maybe the 10 Season 18 contestants will be vying for one spot in the Finals, making it Top 13. But in that case, it does not make sense for Arthur Gunn to join again, since he might end up having a much lower placement this year (although highly unlikely).

I think we just have to wait for further announcements. 😅😅😅 

Maybe it's best to just have these artists from last year returning just to perform some new music or a cover of their choice in the results shows, but not to compete. Do a "Tribute to Season 18" segment. Lol.

Yes, let's wait for further confirmation. I'm happy about Louis and Makayla though 😜

Edited by jazzontherocks

If this is true, having 10 of them back seems like overkill (unless they get cut down to a small number real fast). I get that they lost their chance to perform on stage, and I'd love to see them get that chance, but throwing them into the competition with this top 24 doesn't seem fair, especially since this doesn't appear to have been a thing from the start. If it was just non-competition performances or a side competition of sorts then that could potentially work well though.

(and then there's always the chance this isn't true and this is all moot lol)

Edited by Koatterce
  • Like 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM8VVJWBfEd/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Faith in LA.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNEf5T8nL8A/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Makayla, DeWayne, and Olivia all commenting on Alyssas B-Day post. 

Ill stop spamming now lol, but there is definitely a BUNCH of evidence this is true and actually happening. 

Edited by m1key
  • Sad 1

Definitely a lot of evidence, yes. The contestants have also been commenting on Louis's recent posts, and Louis regularly comments on theirs.

In this case, the winner will most likely be someone from last season, given they already have established fanbases, starting with their auditions all the way to their 'at home' live shows. Lol. Only 5-6 contestants from this year's Top 24 will make the Top 12.

Edited by jazzontherocks

i originally saw this a few hours ago and was excited. now looking at it again it kinda makes me mad, like if they’re bringing back people it shouldn’t be ten, it should be at max five. it seems unfair to this years’ top 24

edit: unless it’s like someone above said where they even have one or two vying for a spot in the top 12 (13) that would be okay, just not all ten. they also seem to be adding fodder contestants to that group too. like do they think aliana, faith or dewayne have a chance to beat most of the current contestants let alone their fellow s18 competitors. i really only see dibesh, louis, and makayla having any shot 

Edited by selenas
  • Like 1

hope this legit. sounds only fair to season 18. my guess the 10 will perform to compete for 1 or 2 spots in the top 12/14.  

so which two of the following have the best option to compete with this season: 

Dibesh Pokharel (a.k.a. Arthur Gunn) - Runner-Up - he still has a massive fan base. but it is basically not fair for the others. I think he should have been disqualified since he was a runner-up.. or just invited to perform his new music.  
from all the others i think louis and makayla have the best chances to advance. 

Declined Offer Or Not Offered
Jonny West - Top 5
Jovin Webb - Top 11
Sophia James/Wackerman - Top 7
Kimmy Gabriela - Top 20
Lauren Spencer-Smith - Top 20

wonder why they weren't invited or declined.. they were more interesting than some of the 10 who do get a second chance.. 

Ineligible (won or signed by American Idol-affiliated record labels)
Samantha Diaz (a.k.a. Just Sam) - Winner
Dillon James - Top 5
Francisco Martin - Top 5
Julia Gargano - Top 7
Grace Leer - Top 11

these 5 should get a chance to come and do their new music. Sam will probably perform on disney week like maddie and laine. the others all have new music and deserve a chance to perform too. Dillon should time it with his album release!!