3. 3. Favorite Male Contestant?

• DeWayne Crocker, Jr.
    • Dibesh Pokharel (a.k.a. Arthur Gunn)
    • Franklin Boone
    • Louis Knight
    • Nick Merico

16 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Thank me later.

I'm really gonna need for her to do a Karmin/Qveen Herby song this season.

EDIT: I always forget she was only 17 on Idol because she actually knew how to look comfortable on stage.

Edited by Elliott
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Elliott said:

EDIT: I always forget she was only 17 on Idol because she actually knew how to look comfortable on stage.

Exactly. Her stage presence was better than some adults on that season. 

Here's one possible format I could see working based off what's already been announced and the schedule.

Week 1 - Top 24

We already know it's just a one-week ordeal for the Top 24 rounds. The S18 returnees won't be involved this week (which is perhaps why they haven't announced it yet - maybe they're waiting until the end of the episode to announce it for the ~shock factor~)

Week 2 - Top 16

We also know we're going down a Top 16. What we thought was that they'd announce the Top 16 on Sunday's show and have them all perform again, with Monday's show being the Top 10 Reveal + 6 wildcard performances to make it a Top 12. However... I wonder if Sunday's show will actually cut down the current Top 24 to a Top 10, and the judges will choose 2 wildcards from that cast to get to 12. Then the 10 returnees will perform, and there's live voting from America for four of them to advance to make it our Top 16.

Monday's show will be a Top 16 performance show with the 12 from the current cast + the four returnees. Live voting once again (as I've pointed out before, ABC has already done live voting on Mondays with DWTS, so it's just as possible we'll see it happen here too.) At the end of the show, four from the Top 16 will be cut regardless of what season they're from to get us our Top 12 going into week 3.

Week 3 - Top 12

Core finalists, regardless of season make-up. The season will proceed as normal from here.

tl;dr:

Week 1 / Top 24 - S19 cast only

Week 2, Sunday - Top 10 from S19 cast revealed, judges pick 2 wildcards. 10 returning contestants perform and 4 advance to make it a Top 16.

Week 2, Monday - Top 16 perform and 4 get eliminated, regardless of season.

Week 3 onwards - Top 12 performance show, and the season proceeds as normal.

It's a bit of a drastic cut to lose even more of the S19 cast, but given they had Alyssa return in S17, the twist for someone from S17 to get a free pass to Hollywood and now the S18 returnees, ABC seems far less concerned about multiple-season Idols than Fox did.

Edited by Elliott
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I'm really gonna need for her to do a Karmin/Qveen Herby song this season.

I need her to perform that My Hero Academia song she did if this isall true.  I'm on mobile otherwise I would link.

@Bk1234help me out 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jetsrule128 said:

Stop the Arthur Gunn hype. So many singers this year are better then him 

OH stop. What hype? Nobody cared about him but me and a few others last year...

Murphy should come back because that's all Idol fans want outside of IDF. 

IF this is real there will be backlash. BIG TIME. 🙂 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

Oh No Omg GIF by Friends

Have you seen the comments section on Instagram and other social media? It's all #bringmurphyback :( 

Now I made a fan thread for him. He's not a big contender on IDF but he deserves a shot at his dream just as much as those who suffered during the pandemic last year. IMO

• Like 2

Just now, KelseyW said:

Have you seen the comments section on Instagram and other social media? It's all #bringmurphyback :( 

Now I made a fan thread for him. He's not a big contender on IDF but he deserves a shot at his dream just as much as those who suffered during the pandemic last year. IMO

I ignore those. I’ve gotten sick of them. 😅

The key thing is that the contestants that were brought back made it past the Green Mile round, while Murphy didn’t.

• Like 2

• Idol Maniac changed the title to American Idol Season 19: AI18 Top 20 Second Chance Twist