The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

53 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Except that Wendy DID achieve that 0.5% of success. She had a label deal AND a hit song. Somebody thought she had that certain unidentifiable thing. 

And she’s had a LONG career in the industry, probably making decent money. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

That’s the best time for a lives “moment.” See Chloe. 

So we oughta perk up on what songs they give on thre next two weeks.

Still wondering if any moment is gonna come out of the Top 10 week with the genre switch apart from potentially Wendy singing country.

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

So we oughta perk up on what songs they give on thre next two weeks.

Still wondering if any moment is gonna come out of the Top 10 week with the genre switch apart from potentially Wendy singing country.

Someone singing a Gospel or CCM song would qualify as a genre switch. 

4 hours ago, Misirlou said:

So Shadale is dedicating her song to her dad, Ryleigh to her sister, Jeremy likely to his daughter, Hailey likely to her mom, Jershika and Gymani to God/their church roots probably. And no clue about the rest.

I'd say GNT is dedicating theirs to their dad, but it indeed is a bit of macabre song to do that lol.

Holly dedicating The Dance is also weird. Its not a love song.

Wendy's is probably dedicated to musician David Santos: "oh that boy of mine, by my side." They've been together longer than a quarter century.

I agree that GNT's and Holly's are odd dedications on paper.

Edited by RTV

4 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

I maintain the tinfoil hat theory that whenever Lana leaves, the next week is when Wendy will “conveniently” step in to fill the country lane, but we’ll see.

Blake says at 1:57, "You're it. You're the country artist on The Voice this season" and previously said "she has a wide open lane as a country artist." So I agree that Wendy might not cover a country song while Lana is still in the competition.

5 minutes ago, RTV said:

Blake says at 1:57, "You're it. You're the country artist on The Voice this season" and previously said "she has a wide open lane as a country artist." So I agree that Wendy might not cover a country song while Lana is still in the competition.

While this could definitely happen, even if Wendy sings a country song, she isn’t and won’t ever be a “country artist” imo. 

1 hour ago, AngelaKD said:

Except that Wendy DID achieve that 0.5% of success. She had a label deal AND a hit song. Somebody thought she had that certain unidentifiable thing. 

She's had some success and is undeniably talented. Maybe it's partly that she's done more covers than original music?

Edited by RTV

10 minutes ago, jem128 said:

While this could definitely happen, even if Wendy sings a country song, she isn’t and won’t ever be a “country artist” imo. 

She isn't purely a country artist, but she obviously sings that genre and sounds authentic doing it. She grew up in Memphis listening to a wide range of music, including country. It's part of who she is.

8 minutes ago, RTV said:

She isn't purely a country artist, but she obviously sings that genre and sounds authentic doing it. She grew up in Memphis listening to a wide range of music, including country. It's part of who she is.

Agree. But she also clearly doesn’t identify herself as a country artist and while her music may have country influences or roots I don’t think the music she puts out will be considered country. At least not in the lane Blake is talking about. 

4 minutes ago, jem128 said:

Agree. But she also clearly doesn’t identify herself as a country artist and while her music may have country influences or roots I don’t think the music she puts out will be considered country. At least not in the lane Blake is talking about. 

True, Wendy doesn't identify as country. Her music is influenced by all the genres she's dabbled in throughout her career.

Edited by RTV

11 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

why do arianators hate sasha so much

I was going to talk about it. Apparently they “realised” that Sasha wasn’t a fan of Ariana and that he lowkey “hated” her. They saw that from a tiktok but I haven’t seen it 

• Haha 1

Just now, mariahmc said:

I was going to talk about it. Apparently they “realised” that Sasha wasn’t a fan of Ariana and that he lowkey “hated” her. They saw that from a tiktok but I haven’t seen it 

Oh no lol they hate him because he got public votes over Bella and Raquel 

• Like 1

If I'm correct they didnt like Sasha (or Jim, for that matter) long before they got PV. I'm gonna assume it was because of their genre on a pop team, which is their preferred music.

I don't think they liked Raquel that much but they rightfully recognized her work on Monday , given the rest of the team collapsing.