The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Yall….I love Wendy ALOT. But man I gotta call Gymani my FAVORITE AA singer/powerhouse of the season. This girl just HASSSS ITTT ! My God the anointing, power, and strength is just so good. SING GYMANI !!!!! Absolutely perfect song choice.

Edited by jus.willy
  • Like 2

Ryleighs studio was beautiful. The runs, the range the color of it just so so so good. I’m praying she that she delivers just like how this studio sounds or close!! Because if she can pull it off, she would redeem herself from last week. But yeah very good! 

4 hours ago, CaptainOggy6320 said:

Am I the only one unironically loving Shadale studio!? :dead:

Honestly I'm liking it as well but no way she's making it through the Public Vote. :no:

(playing reverse psychology with the Voice Gods rn)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xfactor22 said:

I still don’t get how Joshua isn’t considered “minivan friendly”. He’s like a a quirky sweet “grandson”.

I've yet to see anyone say he's like a "quirky sweet grandson" other than you.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I have little desire to be proselytized to on national tv? And neither of them so far have given any indication that they want to be gospel singers post show (or were prior to coming onto the show)

Gospel is their roots. They grew up in the church. I see no problem at them going back to where they started. Especially since it’s dedicattion week, it’s very fitting for them to dedicate a song to God.

• Like 1

Ryleigh has a very good song to me? Y’all don’t think so?

I pray Ryleigh has a mic stand…she doesn’t need too much movement. All of that movement last week probably is what lead her to having iffy moments…

Edited by jus.willy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, xfactor22 said:

I still don’t get how Joshua isn’t considered “minivan friendly”. He’s like a a quirky sweet “grandson”.  

Also, Jershika is very talented, and has a killer voice. Everyone is assuming she’s not going to last long…but she has the talent and voice.

The audience is very socially conservative and Joshua is not traditionally masculine

Me with Joshua's song choice:

dear-evan-hansen-dear.gif

My other favorite song choice is GNT. I LOOOOOVE that song and although I'd much rather have GNT challenge themselves with more out-of-the-box songs like Creep, I can't resist a good cover of Dust in the Wind.

Also, the studios have been declining in quality since Season 6, but this season... yikes. Love the key art though.

6 hours ago, Someone648 said:

How do we feel about Joshua?

The cringe train that's been following the DEH release gives me some doubt but assuming he does a decent enough job, will it be enough? Does minivan care enough about musical theatre? (I know they don't...)

I do think that while the song isn't a vote magnet in itself, the message behind it is, and with the right framing with the preperformance package and coach comments, it could lead to a moment. I hope.

In any case, it's a good fit for Joshua, all he needs to do is sing well.