The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

4 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Ok, i'm just checking the song choices. They are fine for the most part.

I was happy when i saw Hailey's song choices because i'm sure she is gonna slay them, then i got sad because i remembered the average Voice viemer is 60+ and they are not gonna vote for a Billie Eilish or an Olivia Rodrigo's song

Then i got happy again, because she is gonna end her run being herself, singing songs that she clearly enjoys and that are in her wheelhouse. I'm proud of you Hailey, you are gonna be sensational tomorrow.:thumbsup:

If somehow she actually won with these songs, it would be hilarious. She's going to slay, but I see 3rd or 2nd for her. Oh well, I'm sure she's happy about this week though. Not going to be surprised if she gets 10s from me tbh :haha:

Grandmas/Minivan can go away, we will stan Hailey for herself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Bella has 9200 Spotify listeners and about 10K plays on her single after two days. This, after so much was made of the social media buzz, including being promoted by Ari and the show. I mention this to illustrate how difficult it is for contestants to get followers to move from “liking” posts to actually consuming their music. 

I think the biggest struggle for these artists is finding a unique musical identity.

Bella has one song with 100k streams and a bunch with about 10K. The latter figure is interesting for being so consistent - like she has the baseline fanbase willing to give her tracks a spin, but they haven't found her songs compelling enough to put on a playlist - which also means it's not interesting enough for them to hype up/share etc. 

Girl Named Tom is at such a benefit because they have such a specific musical identity, that's so different from anyone out in the industry right now.

Bella has the talent and personality, but she really needs to focus on the material imo. 

“You Broke Me First - 2020

“Car Wash” - 1976 (this shouldn’t even count, she never would have chosen that)

”Arcade” - 2019 

“Traitor” - 2021

”Jar of Hearts” - 2010

”I’ll Stand By You” - 1994

”Elastic Heart” - 2013 

“Peter Pan” - 2016

”Someone You Loved” - 2018

”Deja Vu” - 2021

”idontwannabeyouanymore” - 2017 

Throw out Ari’s pick of Car Wash (since she had no say in that one), and Hailey has only had one song released before she was born. Has any past contestant stayed this current and made a finale? Carter was probably in the ballpark, but I think if we average it out, she has him beat easily. 

• Like 11