Most Risky Song Choices

What song choices do you think were the most risky? By risky, I don't necessarily mean poorly chosen songs; I mean songs that were really out there and surprising for the contestant. They can be risks that paid off or ones that flopped! I'll start off with one of the more obvious examples (aka the only one I can think of now):

Rose Short - God's Country :clap:

• Like 3

I´ll start with these:

• Sarah Grace - Dog Days are Over (Didn´t really care for her, but the song choice was quite risky. The song itself is hard AF and doesn´t cater to her style at all. That performance was kind of a mess, but she survived that week, so props to her on that)
  • Dave Fenley - Use Me (A mess ,of course, but it was really entertaining, not to mention a huge risk as well, given that he went completely out of his country comfort zone. He managed to survive as well)
  • Every one of Noah Mac´s performances. That guy took a risk every single week. Props to him.
  • Like 9
1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Every one of Noah Mac´s performances. That guy took a risk every single week. Props to him.

To elaborate a bit on this... 
His performance of “River” was so cool and impressive! While it wasn’t technically on point (it wasn’t terribly pitchy though), the arrangement felt so fresh. The stage looked AMAZING and that drum solo was so so cool!!!!! 🤩 It’s a shame he landed in the Instant Save and was eliminated after it... 😢

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
19 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

To elaborate a bit on this... 
His performance of “River” was so cool and impressive! While it wasn’t technically on point (it wasn’t terribly pitchy though), the arrangement felt so fresh. The stage looked AMAZING and that drum solo was so so cool!!!!! 🤩 It’s a shame he landed in the Instant Save and was eliminated after it... 😢

I honestly thought he would be the third PV through to the finale since he got two iTunes bonuses that week. However, I don't think it matters since he underperformed in his social media numbers if I can recall.

Edited by Gmm99
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Gmm99 said:

I honestly thought he would be the third PV through to the finale since he got two iTunes bonuses that week. However, I don't think it matters since he underperformed in his social media numbers.

I can see why, he really shined in his studios, especially “Electric Love.” :wub: 

Tessanne Chin - Underneath It All (Maybe it’s more unexpected than risky but I think it deserves a mention)

Amy Vachal - Hotline Bling (she needed the save in the Playoffs and she flipped a Drake song the next week, a big risk but it paid off)

24 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I´ll start with these:

• Sarah Grace - Dog Days are Over (Didn´t really care for her, but the song choice was quite risky. The song itself is hard AF and doesn´t cater to her style at all. That performance was kind of a mess, but she survived that week, so props to her on that)

I second this as well (for both Sarah and Caroline)

The first two I can think of are............

Judith Hill "#thatpower" Will.i.am and Justin Beiber (Not only was the song itself a huge risk, but then to completely flip it in the way takes a huge risk and makes it even bigger of a risk!

Amber Carrington "I Remember You" Skid Row (Glam Rock to Country, need I say more?)

1 minute ago, thevoiceswimmer said:

Judith Hill "#thatpower" Will.i.am and Justin Beiber (Not only was the song itself a huge risk, but then to completely flip it in the way takes a huge risk and makes it even bigger of a risk!

Forgot about this one. I still can’t believe Adam gave this to her (she killed it tho)