Insane Blind Audition, but then... yikes.

jakesz

Can y'all think of contestants whose blinds were absolutely incredible and were pronounced favorites, but then flopped or got robbed?

For me it's obviously James David Carter from S7, his blind is amazing, but he got eliminated in play-offs.

Also, Mike Jerel in S18 set the roof on fire with his blind, but then got dumped in play-offs.

And robbed queen Brennan Lassiter from S17 - her elimination in battles and shortage still hurts to this date.

How about u?

2 hours ago, disney1024 said:

S19: WTW (4-chair-turn during BAs) was a mess during the lives.

not like their audition was all that clean either 🤭

Edit: Loved their KO though, their only good performance in my eyes.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

not like their audition was all that clean either 🤭

Edit: Loved their KO though, their only good performance in my eyes.

I liked all of their pre-live performances, especially their battle with Queen Taryn (they were just her background singers tbh). But both of their live performances were complete and utter trainwrecks. 🤢🤮

There's a reason why Minivan voted for Bailey instead of them during the Instant Save. Bailey was a competent country singer. 😜

trainwreck GIF

Edited by disney1024

8 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I wouldn’t say that. WTW had more votes than at least Sid and Taryn.

That's true. Sid and Taryn were my two favourites from Team Blake. Not even contestants from Team Blake are safe from Minivan robbing lol 😂

It makes me wonder the fate of a certain contestant on Team Blake (📸) in season 20. 🤔😜

Edited by disney1024
  • Haha 1

Just now, thevoicefan12 said:

ig Jej he was my snowflake back in s16 with his blind and battle very good but once lives hit uhm

Seconding this - Jej beat out LB in the Cross-Battles (which I'm convinced happened because LB was on Team Adam and not because Jej's performance was better) yet after LB won the Comeback he was the one who made it out of the Instant Elimination in the top 13 over Jej.

• Like 2

Nicole Nelson, four-chair turn, everyone loves her, but then Loren Allred surprises Adam in the knockouts and he picks her over Nelson. Not that it was the wrong decision, but since Allred was a double montage, the audience had no idea who she was so she was a dead contestant walking in the playoffs.

37 minutes ago, Vinyl said:

Nicole Nelson, four-chair turn, everyone loves her, but then Loren Allred surprises Adam in the knockouts and he picks her over Nelson. Not that it was the wrong decision, but since Allred was a double montage, the audience had no idea who she was so she was a dead contestant walking in the playoffs.

To be fair, everything gets taped before the show actually airs so Adam really had no way of knowing who will get montaged and who won't 😅

Khalea Lynee should be considered.  Gorgeous Blind that got a four-chair-turn, and then . . . everything after that was not necessarily bad (save for maybe her Playoff performance), but just subpar and/or boring.  I actually preferred Zoe over her in the Battles (and I'm usually a proponent for not dumping your four-chair-turns too soon), even though I do think that she beat James in the Knockouts.

8 hours ago, Vinyl said:

8 hours ago, Vinyl said:

Whitney Myer, four chair turn, everyone loves her, but Adam pairs her against someone twice her age in the battle rounds, so of course Kim Yarbrough is going to sound better. Myer goes home.

Would you expect anything else from that man?

• Haha 4