What If?

SpoilerGod

Hey! I wanted to start a What If thread (let me know if there is one I’m pretty new here lol) so anything from:

- What if x season had this format? (What do you think would’ve happened instead?)

- What if x coach chose x contestant instead of their battle/knockout partner?

- What if x contestant didn’t quit/get DQd?

and so on...feel free to post anything like this! I’d love to hear it🤗

Anyways I’ll start. I think if S19 had the rumored S20 format...Julia, Larriah, Ryan and James would’ve left without a steal in the battles.

Joseph and Sid would’ve been stolen by Gwen and Kelly either way since those were the first two battles. Now, even though John didn’t steal Taryn, I believe the only reason he didn’t do so was because of Blake having his save. That being said, if there were no saves, I can see John stealing Taryn because she was exceptionally great, leading to only Blake having a steal by the fourth battle, which was Lauren vs Paige, and Blake tried to steal Lauren, which would’ve meant they were the last steal. This would’ve left Julia, Larriah, Ryan and James without a steal, meaning they would’ve been robbed lol, which is what I fear if this really is the Season 20 format....

Now Taryn would’ve been paired with Bailey and Lauren would’ve been probably paired with WTW (leaving a Ben vs Ian knockout). John would’ve definitely picked Bailey (whether she would’ve been better or not) and Blake would’ve picked WTW. Lauren would’ve been stolen by Gwen had she been in the same knockout position Gwen was, leaving the results pretty much the same except Lauren instead of Ben in the playoffs, which would’ve been 100000 times better IMO LMAOOO wdyt?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

What if Seasons 16, 18, & 19 had each coach with 3 artists in the lives?

S16 Playoff Results: (really the question we should be asking is if S16 had knockouts but anyway)

Team Adam

PV: Mari Jones

PV: Domenic Haynes? idk

CS: idk but prob not Betsy because she was a steal, although she would make for a more diverse team.

Team Kelly

PV: Rod Stokes

PV: Jej Vinson

CS: Presley Tennant

Team Legend

PV: Maelyn Jarmon

PV: Shawn Sounds

CS: Celia Babini (because of her PO performance, but I would've loved to see Lisa Ramey in the lives)

S18 Playoff Results:

Team Kelly:

PV: Megan Danielle

PV: Micah Iverson

CS: Cedrice or Mandi Thomas (honestly could go either way)

Team Nick

PV: Thunderstorm Artis

PV: Allegra Miles

CS: Arei Moon

Team Legend

PV: CammWess

PV: Zan Fiskum

CS: Mandi Castillo

Team Blake

PV: Todd Tilghman

PV: Toneisha Harris

CS: Joanna Serenko

S19 Playoff Results:

Team Kelly (she would have had such a well-rounded top 3)

PV: DeSz

PV: Cami Clune

CS: Tanner Gomes (but maybe switch Tanner and Cami idrk)

Team Gwen

PV: Carter Rubin

PV: Payge Turner

CS: Ben Allen

Team Legend

PV: John Holiday

PV: Tamara Jade

CS: Bailey Rae

Team Blake

PV: Ian Flanigan

PV: Jim Ranger

CS: Worth the Wait (but he should have chosen Taryn Papa)

7 minutes ago, Noah57678 said:

S18 Playoff Results:

Team Kelly:

Team Blake

Blake would've probably chosen Joei over Joanna. Kelly would've probably chosen Mandi over Cedrice. 🤔

Edited by disney1024
  • Like 1

Just now, disney1024 said:

Blake would probably choose Joei over Joanna. Kelly would've probably chosen Mandi over Cedrice. 🤔

That's fair. The only reason she might pick Cedrice is because she's so unique. Also imo Kelly didn't need two non-country artists to turn into country artists. 🤷‍♂️

i have an interesting question. what if either Kyla or Rose were on S16 instead of their respective seasons? S16 didn’t really have a powerhouse female vocalist like them, so how do you think Kyla or Rose would have done had they been on S16?

i personally think (and hope) that either one would have made the finale as one of the three PVs. both gave incredible performances consistently in my opinion, so i’d like to think that either one would be a guaranteed finalist. i believe that Kyla/Rose and Maelyn would have been the ideal final two in S16. i could even imagine a scenario in which TPTB bussed Maelyn in the finale, and then proceeded to back over her with said bus, to have a black woman FINALLY win the show. (Maelyn is one of my all-time favs, so of course i wouldn’t want to see her get bussed. i just could totally imagine a scenario in which TPTB try to push for a Kyla/Rose win in S16)

could this scenario have been possible? unlikely.

am i just crazy? ...probably.

is this just me imagining a scenario in which a black woman finally wins the show? why yes, yes it is

Edited by KimberlyxKyla
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

i have an interesting question. what if either Kyla or Rose were on S16 instead of their respective seasons? S16 didn’t really have a powerhouse female vocalist like them, so how do you think Kyla or Rose would have done had they been on S16?

i personally think (and hope) that either one would have made the finale as one of the three PVs. both gave incredible performances consistently in my opinion, so i’d like to think that either one would be a guaranteed finalist. i believe that Kyla/Rose and Maelyn would have been the ideal final two in S16. i could even imagine a scenario in which TPTB bussed Maelyn in the finale, and then proceeded to back over her with said bus, to have a black woman FINALLY win the show. (Maelyn is one of my all-time favs, so of course i wouldn’t want to see her get bussed. i just could totally imagine a scenario in which TPTB try to push for a Kyla/Rose win in S16)

could this scenario have been possible? unlikely.

am i just crazy? ...probably.

is this just me imagining a scenario in which a black woman finally wins the show? why yes, yes it is

I think that if Maelyn had any semblance of non-country competition, she wouldn't have won. Kyla was beaten out by non-country on her season, and Rose I don't think would've won against Gyth either.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

I think that if Maelyn had any semblance of non-country competition, she wouldn't have won. Kyla was beaten out by non-country on her season, and Rose I don't think would've won against Gyth either.

I agree, don’t get me wrong Maelyn is great but she kinda got all the casual votes cause there was no other viable option. Rose (or Kyla) wouldn’t have struggled to get the PV cause you know, almost everyone else sucked, but put Maelyn AND Rose in the finale and then maybe the trophy goes to Gyth (eww, just the thought of that is disgusting)

Little fun scenario if the 4-Way KO competitors were switched between the actual Battle winners.

S18:

Joei Fulco Vs Darious Lyles Vs Allegra Miles Vs Megan Danielle

Winner: Allegra

Megan has her breakout here, but I think Allegra has more popularity, although it could go to Megan too.

Todd Michael Hall beats out Joanna Serenko for WC. Nelson Cade is eliminated in KOs. Michael Williams maybe gets CS, but if not then he's immediately eliminated against Allegra for WC. Samantha Howell gets CS.

S19:

WTW Vs John Holiday Vs Carter Rubin Vs Marisa Cuervo

Winner: Carter

Easily, Carter won the whole season, and these three would be child's play to deal with. But if not, then WTW if Carter was DQ'd(Ryan style)  

Taryn Papa fights for WC at least in POs. Julia Cooper maybe gets CS, if not though then immediately eliminated in POs. Larriah Jackson gets CS or WC. Ryan Gallagher gets PV.

• Like 2

I can assure that had Gyth sung better in the lives, he would have won. He´s the type of contestant Minivan loves (charismatic, country, and has a tone that it´s in their wheelhouse) Minivan just saw no other choice and turned to Maelyn due to him being out of tune every time in the lives, and Dexter and Andrew weren´t as hyped for them to compete with Gyth.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

S18:

Joei Fulco Vs Darious Lyles Vs Allegra Miles Vs Megan Danielle

Winner: Allegra

Megan has her breakout here, but I think Allegra has more popularity, although it could go to Megan too.

Todd Michael Hall beats out Joanna Serenko for WC. Nelson Cade is eliminated in KOs. Michael Williams maybe gets CS, but if not then he's immediately eliminated against Allegra for WC. Samantha Howell gets CS.

I think Nelson would've won the KO against Mike, I feel like they were equal in John's eyes and based on the KO performance I think he enjoyed Nelson's more, he thought he had a shot at winning the 4-way (because he's delusional and overestimates his voting power, he won because Maelyn cared enough to chose him but that's another debate 👀)

In the scenario of Allegra winning the 4-way, she would've still been Nick's save I think. Samantha would've definitely got Kelly's save.

8 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

S19:

WTW Vs John Holiday Vs Carter Rubin Vs Marisa Cuervo

Winner: Carter

Easily, Carter won the whole season, and these three would be child's play to deal with. But if not, then WTW if Carter was DQ'd(Ryan style)  

Taryn Papa fights for WC at least in POs. Julia Cooper maybe gets CS, if not though then immediately eliminated in POs. Larriah Jackson gets CS or WC. Ryan Gallagher gets PV.

Yeah Carter wins the 4-way, not debatable even if the other 3 did good.

Whether Taryn got more votes than Sid or not remains unknown so I don't know who fights for the WC.

With John H. out of the equation, Julia would've had a real shot at the CS.

On Gwen's team, you assumed that Larriah made the playoffs but what if she actually lost to Chloe Hogan ? I think it's a possibility, Gwen let go of Chloe cause she knew Carte was her ticket for the finale/win but I can see Payge/Chloe/Joseph as her KO winners + Ben and Carter. She might have picked Ben for the CS anyway.

Ryan G. still gets DQ cause he's an idiot :giggle: He would've taken Tanner down and then DQ which leaves Team Kelly with only 3 members and Madeline gets to sing for the WC by default.

• Like 1

What if there were a wildcard IS involved in the playoffs for season 14-15 

S14

Kelly: Tish 

Adam: Mia

Blake: Wilkes 

Alicia: Kelsea 

Winner—> probably Wilkes but Kelsea was amazing too 

S15: 

Kelly: Zaxai 

Adam: Kameron 

Blake: Michael 

JHud: Patrique 

Winner: Idk really 😅

And what if S13 PO had PV? 

Adam: 

PV1: Addison 

PV2: Emily Luther 

CS: Adam C 

Miley: 

PV1: Brooke 

PV2: Moriah 

CS: Janice 

JHud: The same,

PV1: Noah

PV2: Devon

CS: Shiann

Blake: the same 

PV1: Chloe

PV2: Keisha/Red

CS: Keisha/Red 

Edited by Feder

53 minutes ago, Feder said:

And what if S13 PO had PV? 

Adam: 

PV1: Addison 

PV2: Emily Luther 

CS: Adam C 

Miley: 

PV1: Brooke 

PV2: Moriah 

CS: Janice 

JHud: The same,

PV1: Noah

PV2: Devon

CS: Shiann

Blake: the same 

PV1: Chloe

PV2: Keisha/Red

CS: Keisha/Red 

No way Emily Luther would have gotten PV. Adam C is right Minivan´s ally. He struggled only because of the horrible song choices that Adam gave him. (The coach himself admitted it). "Have a Little Faith in Me" however, was a winner.

TEAM ADAM:
PV 1: Addison

PV 2: Adam C

CS: Jon 

Agree with the other three teams.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Feder said:

S14

S15: 

Probably Zaxai would win

What if Ryan didnt get DQ’d....

Ryan would have gotten the PV, Desz in CS and Cami in WC (loses though).

Ryan gets the Pv to finale, Desz probably gets robbed and loses the instant save.

1st - Carter, 2nd - Ryan (minivan loved him), 3rd - Jim, 4th - Ian, 5th - John Holiday

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VoiceFan! said:

Ryan gets the Pv to finale, Desz probably gets robbed and loses the instant save.

1st - Carter, 2nd - Ryan (minivan loved him), 3rd - Jim, 4th - Ian, 5th - John Holiday

Maybe Ryan did what he did to allow DeSz to be on the finale🤭🤭. I don't blame him, we all know she was the rigthful finalist for Team Kelly since the beggining 😁 

And thank God we didn't have another all-male finale, that would have been 🤢🤢🤮

• Haha 2

On 2/26/2021 at 9:52 PM, Feder said:

S14

S15: 

These are really good WC lineups imo

• Like 2

14 hours ago, VoiceFan! said:

Agreed. Ryan would've been in the top 2 easily.

On 2/25/2021 at 12:55 PM, Noah57678 said:

What if Seasons 16, 18, & 19 had each coach with 3 artists in the lives?

S16 Playoff Results: (really the question we should be asking is if S16 had knockouts but anyway)

Team Adam

PV: Mari Jones

PV: Domenic Haynes? idk

CS: idk but prob not Betsy because she was a steal, although she would make for a more diverse team.

Team Kelly

PV: Rod Stokes

PV: Jej Vinson

CS: Presley Tennant

Team Legend

PV: Maelyn Jarmon

PV: Shawn Sounds

CS: Celia Babini (because of her PO performance, but I would've loved to see Lisa Ramey in the lives)

S18 Playoff Results:

Team Kelly:

Team Nick

PV: Thunderstorm Artis

PV: Allegra Miles

CS: Arei Moon

Team Legend

PV: CammWess

PV: Zan Fiskum

CS: Mandi Castillo

Team Blake

S19 Playoff Results:

Team Kelly (she would have had such a well-rounded top 3)

PV: DeSz

PV: Cami Clune

CS: Tanner Gomes (but maybe switch Tanner and Cami idrk)

Team Gwen

PV: Carter Rubin

PV: Payge Turner

CS: Ben Allen

Team Legend

PV: John Holiday

PV: Tamara Jade

CS: Bailey Rae

Team Blake

PV: Ian Flanigan

PV: Jim Ranger

CS: Worth the Wait (but he should have chosen Taryn Papa)

For the S16 results, where's Team Blake?

1 hour ago, AmyNicole said:

For the S16 results, where's Team Blake?

It’s a tough call I think, if it was a regular season with KO instead of CB, who would’ve been in his playoffs team ?

He would’ve dropped Karly, Oliv and Carter for sure, and either one of Andrew or Selki. Which leaves Gyth, Dexter, Kim Cherry and let’s say Andrew + he would’ve stolen Kendra back. Then I guess the PV go to Gyth and Dexter, he might’ve saved Kim for diversity. Or even Kendra who knows, I think he saved Oliv only because she won her cross battle, while the other two lost (even if Kendra was due to the Adam stigma).

1 minute ago, disney1024 said:

What if JHud was a coach during S9, when Jordan slayed with every single one of his performances? :giggle:

s9 needs to be redone but with JHud as a coach because i need it for entertainment purposes!

• Like 2