How do you choose a snowflake?

Misirlou

How do you choose a snowflake/Your #1 favorite of each season?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Answer:

• You listen to them when the spoilers come out and they will be your number 1 no matter the possibilites that they end up eliminated early.
    • You wait to read the spoilers and see if they have a chance to make it far on the show, so that you can be sure to choose them as your snowflake.
    • You wait until you see everyone actually perform on the show to choose a favorite.

Usually my first requirement is that they make lives. I do not want to deal with the heartbreak of losing a snowflake pre-lives😭 I never really look into contestants pre-season so I make my decision based off of whose BA, battle, and KO I enjoy/rewatch most. I usually have my snowflake solidified during the KOs.

i usually find many that i like pre-lives (kelsie, wtw, cami, kelsie, rio, tamara were all the ones that tied for my highest pre-show rating this season), but i pick a snowflake from BAs i think. cami was incredible, so she became my snowflake, with lauren, desz, and kelsie (and somewhat marisa) being my second-tier favorites. the BAs make or break it for me imo

I've only been a spoiler reader since S17, a season where I liked a lot of people, but didn't have a true snowflake, in all honesty.

I voted for #2 option because I don't want to disappoint myself by stanning someone who doesn't even get past the KO's, but when everyone actually performs, my preference tends to change.

For example, Payge and Julia were my pre-season favorites, but Sid ended up impressing me the most come the actual show.

Edited by FloorWax

I chose the number 2 option because I want to make sure I can root for them especially if they are able to reach the live shows. I did not care at all for Payge when they released the blind audition spoilers but when the battle and knockout spoilers came out and she had positive feedback, I became curious and I was shocked at how good she really is by looking at her performances on instagram and youtube. Hence, I decided to make a fan thread of her and considered her my #1 snowflake this season.

I usually have a list of people “to keep an eye on” from those who make it to the lives. But if I don’t enjoy their performances on the actual show they don’t become favorites, so I voted for the 3rd option.

Snowflake is a stronger word tho. They have to be consistently great or have a “moment” so I can call them that (p.e Maelyn with Mad World, Kimberly with What’s Up).

For that reason, I would say Payge and Sid are my favorites this season, but they don’t quite reach snowflake level for me.

• Like 1

I´d also say a mix between 2 and 3 for me. I do check the spoilers to see who catches my attention, but when the actual show comes along I could either be dissapointed by someone I liked previously or have my expectations fulfilled. I could also be surprised by people I didn´t pay attention to in the spoilers.

This season, my pre-show favorite was Liam St John, and I was disappointed to read the spoilers saying he went home in the battles, so I became interested in John H, Jim, Payge and Ian by watching their videos and reading the spoilers. 

Jim has disappointed me, Payge and John did what I expected them to, and I enjoyed Payge and still enjoy John, and Ian is now my favorite this season. Didn´t pay that much attention to Sid until his KO spoilers came out as well, and his audition met my expectation. Didn´t expect anything from Ryan G. but he surprised me in his blind, shame what happened to him.

So I´ve come to the conclusion that my favorites this season have been Ian, Sid, John H, Payge and Ryan. Wouldn´t give any the "snowflake" title, but these are contestants I geniuenly enjoy and hope to get more music from.

Edited by Misirlou

I'm impatient, so I always look at the spoilers before the beginning of each season and make a shortlist of potential snowflakes I would love to see go far. After that, it usually takes about 1-3 performances before someone from that shortlist pulls away from the pack and becomes a snowflake. I don't really care about where the artists place, if I like them, I'll stick with them even if they didn't even get past the blinds (Austin Tyler Jones </3).

Over the years my shortlists have become smaller and smaller, but fortunately every season I always manage to find someone that I truly like and support to this day. Put in another way, I never had the problem of potential snowflakes disappointing me once I heard them on the show.

PS: For S20, my shortlist right now consists of 2-3 people. (We are having trouble finding the social media of the third person)

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 2

I find my snowflakes by watching the show. Every now and then, I like the 'surprise' factor of not knowing if someone will make it to the voting rounds - but most of the time, I will verify to see if they made it so I don't bother getting too invested. (This season, I did not verify. I paid the price with Marisa Corvo lol.)

I do the same thing that Teraginn does: throughout the Blinds, I make a list of the contestants who pique my interest the most. Then most of the time, I check to see if I can be assured that they'll make it to lives. (Usually, they do!) I follow them through the next pre-taped rounds, sometimes knowing their fates, sometimes not.

Usually, by Knockouts, I have my #1 sorted out and a solid list of secondary favorites behind them, usually around 3-4. But sometimes it doesn't even take that long; most of my absolute all-time Hall-of-Fame-level snowflakes from past seasons (i.e. Trevin Hunte, Delvin Choice, Kimberly Nichole, Vanessa Ferguson [with Chris Blue in a VERY close 2nd, and Stephanie Rice in a VERY close 3rd], Kyla Jade, Shawn Sounds, etc.) were people who I adored from their auditions, and I zeroed in on them for the whole season.

random, but in season 15, i chose my snowflake AFTER the season. i loved SandyRedd, Kymberli, and Makenzie so much, each for different reasons. each had different pros and cons, making it impossible for me to choose who my fav was until after the season ended. ultimately, i ranked each performance they gave out of five stars and divided by however many performances each did to see who had the highest average... Makenzie had the highest, thus becoming my S15 snowflake! 

1. all three are iconic queens who i love so much!🥰

2. i have way too much time on my hands if i went to all this trouble just to pick my snowflake...

Edited by KimberlyxKyla
  • Haha 4

Just now, Hamza Tufail said:

Most of the time the disappointment comes from the 4-chair turners. 😂

I think not. Javier Colon, Tessanne Chin, Josh Kaufman, Jordan Smith, Alisan Porter and Maelyn Jarmon. They are all 4-Chair Turns and winners and I love their entire run on the show.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

random, but in season 15, i chose my snowflake AFTER the season. i loved SandyRedd, Kymberli, and Makenzie so much, each for different reasons. each had different pros and cons, making it impossible for me to choose who my fav was until after the season ended. ultimately, i ranked each performance they gave out of five stars and divided by however many performances each did to see who had the highest average... Makenzie had the highest, thus becoming my S15 snowflake! 

1. all three are iconic queens who i love so much!🥰

2. i have way too much time on my hands if i went to all this trouble just to pick my snowflake...

I love this story so much! :haha: 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Jyn Mycle said:

I think not. Javier Colon, Tessanne Chin, Josh Kaufman, Jordan Smith, Alisan Porter and Maelyn Jarmon. They are all 4-Chair Turns and winners and I love their entire run on the show.

Each season there are more than 40 or 40 contestants who make it past the BA and there have been a total of 19 seasons. So if you sum that up there would be so many 4-chair turners. Now tell me how many of these four chair turners made far in the competition?

9 of the 4-chair turners were winners(Javier, Cassade, Tessanne, Josh, Sawyer, Jordan, Alisan, Maelyn, Todd). While other 9 winners were not 4-chair turns.

50% of the winners were 4-chair turners but not majority of the four chair turners make it far.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

To this day I still wonder why she was a four-chair turn... 😅

I think that's coz of the sheer marketability of her voice.

I think that's also one of the reasons that she is still to this day the most successful winner of the voice(Danielle is a close second). Her voice is super marketable.

Btw my fav was Amanda and I wanted her to win so desperately. I'm not much of a fan of Cassade based off of her On-Show stuff(except for over you/stupid boy) I love her Post-Show stuff though.

• Like 2