The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

16 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

I'm just thinking, it would've been great if Kelsea was actually her battle advisor in the first place, it would've seemed less out of the blue

They should’ve let Luis do it imo. I love Kelsea and am so excited to see her in action, but Luis would make sense since he was in the mentoring session. 

• Like 5

Just now, Bk1234 said:

They should’ve let Luis do it imo. I love Kelsea and am so excited to see her in action, but Luis would make sense since he was in the mentoring session. 

We would have had a 4 male coaching panel. IDF would downright skip the battles lol.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

I think they wanted a woman, Kelsea was advisor and Kelly loves her.
Luis would great too, but four men..

18 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

You do realize that Luis has other commitments and this was very last minute? Also, Kelly and Kelsea are really good friends so it would make sense that Kelly asks her to do it, and not Luis or Gwen. This is the type of favour that you ask a close friend which, in this case, is Kelsea. 🧐

BTW, speaking of Gwen, if Gwen was available and not busy with her music, she probably would have been on this season in the first place. 😉

28 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

S1, maybe S2, the advisors sat in on the Battles. It was fun!

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

You do realize that Luis has other commitments and this was very last minute? Also, Kelly and Kelsea are really good friends so it would make sense that Kelly asks her to do it, and not Luis or Gwen. This is the type of favour that you ask a close friend which, in this case, is Kelsea. 🧐

BTW, speaking of Gwen, if Gwen was available and not busy with her music, she probably would have been on this season in the first place. 😉

Will Ferrell Weed GIF
I don’t know if Luis had other commitments, and I don’t think you do either. I’m just saying that he would have made more sense as a replacement coach given the fact that he was actually in the mentoring session. Again, I’m a Kelsea stan (literally obsessed with “homecoming queen” and “Hole in the Bottle,” among others 🥰), so I’m not hating on her being here.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

I personally am really excited to see Kelsea! I think Luis might have made more sense but even from the snippet it seems that she has a very similarly fun personality to Kelly! If Kelly ever leaves, Kelsea seems like she would be a great replacement (though I'll wait to see more of the battles to come to a full decision). 

• Like 2

Honestly I was surprised watching the promo, I mean she's not at Kelly's level (no one is lmao) but she's fire too so it could've been way worse. Imagine if they brought up Kane Brown as a replacement, holy sh*t just the thought of that ...

• Haha 3

Keep in mind battles were filmed well after the coaching sessions. Also the mentors only agreed to those certain number of days, it would’ve been a new contract. Kelsea is someone who has worked with the show before, and has worked with Kelly. It was probably relatively easy to get her. 

gwen would have been another choice, but I wonder if producers would’ve been wary at the perception of her “hurting” Kelly’s team to help Blake or some such. Also she might have been busy on short notice. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AliXRose said:

Honestly I was surprised watching the promo, I mean she's not at Kelly's level (no one is lmao) but she's fire too so it could've been way worse. Imagine if they brought up Kane Brown as a replacement, holy sh*t just the thought of that ...

Cool Again GIF by Kane Brown

1 minute ago, seak05 said:

Keep in mind battles were filmed well after the coaching sessions. Also the mentors only agreed to those certain number of days, it would’ve been a new contract. Kelsea is someone who has worked with the show before, and has worked with Kelly. It was probably relatively easy to get her. 

gwen would have been another choice, but I wonder if producers would’ve been wary at the perception of her “hurting” Kelly’s team to help Blake or some such. Also she might have been busy on short notice. 

Artists like Gihanna and Ryleigh are right up Gwen´s alley. So even if Kelly would have let her decide in the battles, she would have chose them I think. She probably would have taken Kenzie too given that she learned how to play the game last season with Ben Allen. 

I do think she would have favored Savanna due to her being a rock girl.

• Like 2

On 5/6/2020 at 9:01 AM, Someone648 said:

TAPING ONE:
K: Ryleigh Modig vs Gean Garcia - pov (Ariana Grande) - interesting song choice, interesting artists, lookin' forward to it

N: Dana Monique vs. Devan Blake Jones - Stuck with U (Ariana Grande & Justin Bieber) - they sounded good on that preview, let's see
J: Rio Lana vs. Carolina Rial - Somebody That I Used to Know (Gotye & Kimbra) - I personally LOVED the song and I miss this song on the show

TAPIING TWO:
K: Corey Ward vs. Savanna Woods - Dreams (Fleetwood Mac) - lots of positive feedbacks on this but I won't get my hopes up. one of my fave songs ever!!
J: Zania Alake vs. Durell Anthony - Emotion (Bee Gees) - love the song choice, kinda reminds me of MaKenzie, but I think they'll give a more soulful
 rendition

TAPING THREE:
N: Zae Romeo vs. Lindsay Joan - Rewrite the Stars (Zac Efron & Zendaya) - FINALLY someone's singing this, this should be interesting
K: Anna Grace vs. Ainae - You Know I'm No Good (Amy Winehouse) - Amy WInehouse song? I'M IN
N: Raine Stern vs. Andrew Marshall - Adore You (Harry Styles) - I love Andrew and I love Harry, that's that lmao
B: Pete Mroz vs. Savanna Chestnut - Have A Little Faith in Me (John Hiatt) - I LOVE THIS SONG. And Pete interests me, I wanna hear him more
N: Rachel Mac vs. Bradley Sinclair - Your Song (Elton John) - couldn't wait to see Rachel's improvement (cross fingers!)
K: Gihanna Zoe vs. Halley Greg - Thinking Out Loud (Ed Sheeran) - Apparently, Halley did hit a whistle note, let's see.  (and cannot wait for my girl to slay this song)

These are probably the battles I'm most looking forward to. Most especially Team Kelly's battles 

19 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I personally am really excited to see Kelsea! I think Luis might have made more sense but even from the snippet it seems that she has a very similarly fun personality to Kelly! If Kelly ever leaves, Kelsea seems like she would be a great replacement (though I'll wait to see more of the battles to come to a full decision). 

Of course, I’m actually happy they went with Kelsea over him.

13 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I can imagine that their seemingly similar personalities perhaps have something to do with it, too. Kelly and Keslea both seem very energetic, and with John and Blake to a lesser extent being somewhat more laid back, I think it's important to have someone energetic there.

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Ryleigh/Gean

I'd be happy with that. Admittedly, I was not thrilled when I saw the song choice of Kelly to these two stunning artists. But apparently, both killed it and had an exciting rendition of the song, let's see!

8 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I can imagine that their seemingly similar personalities perhaps have something to do with it, too. Kelly and Keslea both seem very energetic, and with John and Blake to a lesser extent being somewhat more laid back, I think it's important to have someone energetic there.

You forgot Nick for the boring department 👀 jk

Edited by AliXRose
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Yeah, they need an extrovert there, otherwise Blake would be carrying the commentary by himself. John and Nick are way too laid back.

• Like 3