The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

5 minutes ago, pauwis said:

I'm not a fan of Brynn, but her KO was 100/10 👌

Yep. She was very very inconsistent during the lives but that performance is undeniable. 

It's probably right there with Kyla in terms of accomplishing what she needed to do. They're completely different performances but are both perfect in their own way.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Yep. She was very very inconsistent during the lives but that performance is undeniable. 

It's probably right there with Kyla in terms of accomplishing what she needed to do. They're completely different performances but are both perfect in their own way.

Totally

From a Yahoo review of the episode:

While this was another case of kids completely misinterpreting a bitter breakup song (Rio turned Gotye and Kimbra’s nasty he said/she said duet into something having to do with… her grandmother’s dementia?)

100% agree. And this is not on Rio, but on TPTB for pushing it for contestants to have a non existent connection to a song by relating it to something from their story that has nothing to do with it (I hope her grandma´s better though).

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It was one of the biggest KO blowouts we’ve seen in recent seasons for sure, and they buried it in the #2 spot in the second Tuesday KO episode. It was weird how they seemed to downplay it, and highlight a couple other people. 14 year olds aren’t supposed to be able to slay that song like that. 

I still can't say goodbye to that performance :haha:

kidding aside though, definitely one of the BEST knockout performances ever. I wish I could sing like that at such a young age, oh well

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

From a Yahoo review of the episode:

While this was another case of kids completely misinterpreting a bitter breakup song (Rio turned Gotye and Kimbra’s nasty he said/she said duet into something having to do with… her grandmother’s dementia?)

100% agree. And this is not on Rio, but on TPTB for pushing it for contestants to have a non existent connection to a song by relating it to something from their story that has nothing to do with it (I hope her grandma´s better though).

even it's cruel. The pain of the others should never be a weapon for generate more views 

Edited by pauwis
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Might be my favorite KO performance ever. :ph34rwave: Definitely my favorite performance of the season though. ^_^

It was so good, it was almost shocking. And when you scrolled through the YouTube comments, every other comment said she was the winner of the season. The season was over at that point, IMO. 

6 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

3 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I still can't say goodbye to that performance :haha:

kidding aside though, definitely one of the BEST knockout performances ever. I wish I could sing like that at such a young age, oh well

I know some people talk about her being inconsistent or whatever, but there are certain songs like HCG in her wheelhouse that’s she absolutely slays. “Hallelujah” is another one.  Too bad she didn’t sing that on the show. 

Just now, TeamAudra said:

I know some people talk about her being inconsistent or whatever, but there are certain songs like HCG in her wheelhouse that’s she absolutely slays. “Hallelujah” is another one.  Too bad she didn’t sing that on the show. 

Tinfoil hat theory that after TPTB saw the reception to her knockout, they were like "okay, we want Kelly's team to win, not absolutely decimate the competition" 🤭

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, ammonium said:

Seems like this season is about finding the runner-up.

Another country winner isloading GIF

I'm gonna be real, I'd be very surprised if the final result isn't Kenzie winning and Pete as the runner-up.

Pete is exactly the type of artist on Blake's team that makes the finale every season, and his reception so far is pretty positive. I know Cam's gotten a lot of hype, but I think 3rd place is his ceiling, tbh. Artists like him just don't make the top 2. And Kenzie seems unstoppable, granted I think that was obvious before the season even began :haha:

Edited by MatthewPalermo

I have a question... In the finale, every coach will have only one competitor? Like... "Cam (Blake)/ Kenzie (Kelly)/ Rachel (Nick)/ Victor (John)" or one coach will be able to have 2+ spots? Because I'm eager to place my bettings. 

8 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

She had some impressive low notes but she also went really high at some point. I really enjoyed her. Would’ve loved to see her make lives but Team Legend is stacked this season.

Her tone is exquisite

Just now, SNI2 said:

I have a question... In the finale, every coach will have only one competitor? Like... "Cam (Blake)/ Kenzie (Kelly)/ Rachel (Nick)/ Victor (John)" or one coach will be able to have 2+ spots? Because I'm eager to place my bettings. 

Given the format, it´s one PV per coach, but one of them can have 2 in the finale if another of their artists wins the Instant Save.

1 minute ago, SNI2 said:

Well Blake will have 2 as always :giggle:but yes. It's been like that the past 2 seasons, and I don't expect it to change here.

6 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Tinfoil hat theory that after TPTB saw the reception to her knockout, they were like "okay, we want Kelly's team to win, not absolutely decimate the competition" 🤭

She actually said she thought about singing it, and her mom wanted her too, but she decided not to. It was her call. When I read that, I didn’t realize it was like this. LOL

• Like 2

Just now, Misirlou said:

It´s more blatant now that TPTB is not going to treat Pete right. His battle was shortclipped, and now that KO song choice. They want Cam.

Yeah that's definitely the reason his battle was cut short.