Songs you'd like to hear that have never been covered on "The Voice"

Gmm99

Some battle songs I think would be cool to see

The Night We Met - Lord Huron (taking into account the Phoebe Bridgers duet it would be cool to see a male/female type duet take place)

Keeping Score - Dan + Shay ft. Kelly Clarkson (could be cool for a country/powerhouse pop crossover. Like if Kelsie and Jim were a battle pairing or Taryn and someone like Michael Williams, idk lol)

Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe (I’ve seen suggestions for this one but I would LOVE to hear it in a battle. Imagine the harmonies of the pre chorus omg)

Fall in Line - XTina ft. Demi Lovato (another soulful pop kinda battle. Could be cool to see (again) someone like Kelsie Watts battle it out with a soulful diva like Desz or Tamara in which they blow the roof!)

My Heart is Open - Maroon 5 ft Gwen Stefani (I can see this being a battle for the non country members of Team Blake in a future season lol. Very pop ballad kinda vibe.)

Staring at the Sun - Post Malone and SZA (Not my first choice for a battle song but it could work! Thinking of a raspy kinda voice for a guy and a smooth voice for a girl. Can think of multiple artists that fit this, but it might not work for everyone.)

Beneath Your Beautiful - Labrinth ft Emile Sandé (Yes a battle to this song is LONG OVERDUE?! I remember Payton and JusJon saying this song was the one they were expecting to get and tbh it would’ve fit them much better. I see singers having their moment here tbh)

Save Your Tears - The Weeknd (you can add the Ariana remix verses to make it fitting for a male/female duet) (Wasn’t exactly sure how to feel about this one but u heard a piano arrangement the other day and it was sooo cool. It reminded me of Terrence vs Livia but less dreamy. I think it could work and it would be perfect to get views considering Ariana is a coach lol)

American Kids - Kenny Chesney (kinda one note but if it’s pulled off well it could be fun for a country guy duo. Maybe “Get Along” would work too. Kenny Chesney is one of my favorite country artists lol so that’s why I’d like to hear a song of his on the show)

Think of You - Chris Young and Cassadee Pope (would work well for a country male/female duo. Thinking this season of maybe an Emma vs Avery or Emma vs Ethan battle which could’ve potentially worked with this!)

lovely - Billie Eilish and Khalid (also overdue, cmon The Voice do something!! We want this duet!)

(Ive Had) The Time of My Life - Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes (could be a fun a soulful kinda battle! I’d enjoy it tbh, they could have a big moment in the final chorus)

Setting The World On Fire - Kenny Chesney ft Pink (Another Kenny Chesney suggestion lol. This is probably my favorite country (pop?) song. This duet would be so cool to see between a country contestant and a pop contestant, one male and another female.)

evermore - Taylor Swift and Bon Iver (gorgeous harmonies. Very folkish singer songwriter. Zan and Zach Day (both from season 18 and funnily from Team Legend) have a cover of it and that’s the main reason why I’m dying to see this (or Exile, not montaged) as a battle on the show. I think it could work really well)

just some that have come to mind these past couple of days and had them in my notes app lmao

edit: Also I’m not entirely sure if some of these have been done before. Either way if they have, it’s probably in the older seasons and I want a new version😌

Edited by TheVoiceFan2
  • Like 2

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I stated before in this forum how much I hate that The Voice banned the entirety of Miranda Lambert's catalogue, just because she's Blake's ex-wife. We have a shortage of females in country radio, compared to the men and yet, we'll prevent songs from one of the most powerful females in country music today? I mean, she's married now and Blake is about to be, too. Let's be professional and support females in the industry, instead of banning songs on a popular plataform because of personal drama. I mean, last time I checked, Kelly didn't bother to cover Tin Man during her tour... 

So, which songs I'd like to see performed on the show? Well, anything from her recently grammy winning album would be nice. 

Edited by SNI2
  • Like 5

Something Stupid (original Carson & Gaile version)

This is originally a baritone/alto duet, but it could also be a great flipped battle for 2 people with similar voice types. 

It's probably too lowkey as a blind or knockout, but if someone were to sing it solo, it could have more of a #friendzone meaning, or the pain of liking someone who can't reciprocate (a gay boy liking a straight boy, etc.).

21 hours ago, SNI2 said:

Honestly, I stated before in this forum how much I hate that The Voice banned the entirety of Miranda Lambert's catalogue, just because she's Blake's ex-wife. We have a shortage of females in country radio, compared to the men and yet, we'll prevent songs from one of the most powerful females in country music today? I mean, she's married now and Blake is about to be, too. Let's be professional and support females in the industry, instead of banning songs on a popular plataform because of personal drama. I mean, last time I checked, Kelly didn't bother to cover Tin Man during her tour... 

So, which songs I'd like to see performed on the show? Well, anything from her recently grammy winning album would be nice. 

We don’t know that they banned her songs. It could just be a giant coincidence that none have been used since their divorce. 😉

• Gmm99 changed the title to Songs you'd like to hear that have never been covered on "The Voice"
11 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Has anyone taken on the Rolling Stones on this show at some point?

Sarah Potenza and Hannah Kirby did Gimme Shelter in their battle

Austin Allsup did Wild Horses in his blind

Andrew Sevener did Honky-Tony Woman is his blind

Kylie Rothfield did Satisfaction in the playoffs

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, B-B said:

Sarah Potenza and Hannah Kirby did Gimme Shelter in their battle

Austin Allsup did Wild Horses in his blind

Andrew Sevener did Honky-Tony Woman is his blind

Kylie Rothfield did Satisfaction in the playoffs

7 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I´d like to hear some other songs from "Sticky Fingers", "Let it Bleed" or "Exile"; although several of them wouldn´t go well with Minivan lol.

On 5/7/2021 at 1:07 PM, SNI2 said:

Yes let's support female country (or country adjacent) singers. But I would like to see more of the many amazing artists who don't buy award after award or sleep their way through Turnpike Troubadours:

Reba, Dolly, Trisha, Yola, Rhiannon,  Carly, Lauren, Kelsey, Maren, Mickey, Shania, Loretta, Wynonna, Maddie & Tae, Leann, Patsy, Patty, Rissi, Jamie Lin Wilson, Morgan Wade, Crystal Gayle, Kacey, Gretchen, Dottie, Tanya, Linda, Lucinda ... so many more

I would love to hear someone attempt Tacoma by Caitlyn Smith. A female country singer with the vocal power of Taryn Papa could probably pull it off. The bridge into the final chorus is insane.

• Like 1

Kesha - Rainbow

Lou Reed - Perfect Day

Lorde - Green Light

Lorde - Ribs

Shirley Bassey - History Repeating

Muse - Madness

Sia - Soon We’ll Be Found

Demi & Christina - Fall In Line

Beyonce - End Of Time

Avicii - Additced To You

Chris Stapleton - Fire Away

Paramore - The Only Exception

Emeli Sande - Next To Me

Christina Perri - Arms

4 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Not that I know of stateside, but it takes a very particular type of artist to do Bowie justice (and given how rock artists tend to do on the show in the post-Adam era...well...)

I think maybe Hunter or Noah could have done some Bowie, although its a risky move. No wonder nobody has covered him.

2 minutes ago, B-B said:

Cami was gonna do Life On Mars in the finale 😥. One of my favorite songs

She wasn`t a favorite of mine but I think that would have been great. And props to her for actually wanting to cover Bowie. I`d actually like to hear her do a cover of it either way. It would fit her.

• 7 months later...

POST-S21 UPDATE:

Now that Season 21 is over for about two weeks...are there any new songs that you want to hear in the future seasons?

Here's mine:

"Easy On Me" by Adele (although this will almost be certainly covered in the future)

"Home" / "Waiting For Superman" by Daughtry

"American Dream" by MKTO (might be a buss due to the rapping parts)

"Invisible" by Hunter Hayes

"Battle Belongs" by Phil Wickham

"Even Though I'm Leaving" by Luke Combs

"Superman (It's Not Easy)" by Five for Fighting (Was performed during the most recent The Voice Australia season but never for the US version if I can recall).

"Sailing" by Christopher Cross

"Tears In Heaven" by Eric Clapton

Edited by Gmm99

Off the top of my head....

It's Raining Men - The Weather Girls

2002 - Anne Marie

Fake Plastic Trees - Radiohead

Robbers - The 1975

exile - Taylor Swift + Bon Iver (full)

When You Were Young - The Killers

All These Things That I've Done - The Killers

Funeral - Phoebe Bridgers

The Winner Takes it All - ABBA

As The World Caves In - Matt Maltese

Break My Heart Again - FINNEAS

See You Again - Tyler The Creator + Kali Uchis

White Ferrari - Frank Ocean

xanny - Billie Eilish (although it will likely not happen ever lmao)

Funny story about the last one, Kelly said she gave "sunny" to Holly and Wyatt in the pairings video and she proceeded to say they were doing the Billie Eilish version so I understood it as xanny and was equally confused and excited for like 2 seconds until I found out with was actually "Sunny" lol

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 6:04 PM, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Save Your Tears - The Weeknd (you can add the Ariana remix verses to make it fitting for a male/female duet) (Wasn’t exactly sure how to feel about this one but u heard a piano arrangement the other day and it was sooo cool. It reminded me of Terrence vs Livia but less dreamy. I think it could work and it would be perfect to get views considering Ariana is a coach lol)

While I still want to hear the songs in this post......bb I flopped hard with this wish/prediction huh💀