Songs you'd like to hear that have never been covered on "The Voice"

Gmm99

3 hours ago, Misirlou said:

The guitar work here is INSANE. If someone pulls it off, instant snowflake for me.

"You Make Loving Fun" is a good one from Rumors. May I suggest " Second Hand News" too, although that one might be harder to recreate live.

David Vogel has a good cover of H&D, and I'm sure he could have done well on the other two. I would have loved Noah Mac taking on something from Kid A, production and all.

A female with a deep, raspy voice could pull it off. A battle with "Cosas del Amor" would be great as well. Minivan would be confused as hell lol.

There's several other good ones on the list as well, I see some Chris Stapleton, and "Starting Over" is a great option for both male and female country, The Chicks, of course, there's Tame Impala, which would be killer, and even Bad Bunny, it would be interesting to see a cover of his on the show.

Honestly if even 2 of those songs end up on the show next season I’ll consider the list a success :haha:

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

John Wayne Gacy Jr - Sufjan Stevens

this happening would be as hilarious as that Father John Misty song being sung on The Voice back in S11. It would feel so out of place lol

edit: I've actually never listened to that performance and wow I don't like that Aaron Gibson guy's tone.

Edited by FloorWax

17 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

this happening would be as hilarious as that Father John Misty song being sung on The Voice back in S11. It would feel so out of place lol

edit: I've actually never listened to that performance and wow I don't like that Aaron Gibson guy's tone.

It´s a very obscure song that wouldn´t fly with Minivan, just like the Father John Misty one didn´t, but eh, what the hell, I still want to hear some Sufjan on the show.

“champagne problems” by Taylor Swift

a Lana Del Rey song

any good Radiohead song that is not “Creep”

a Billie Eilish song (not an overdone one)

”Feels Like Tonight” by Daughtry (or any Daughtry song)

”Violet Hill” or “Strawberry Swing” by Coldplay

”Boulevard of Broken Dreams” by Green Day

“Rooster” by Alice in Chains

more songs with rap

”Poison and Wine” by The Civil Wars

7 hours ago, Misirlou said:

It´s a very obscure song that wouldn´t fly with Minivan, just like the Father John Misty one didn´t, but eh, what the hell, I still want to hear some Sufjan on the show.

not only is it obscure, it's explicitly about a serial killer 😭

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yep. But so is "Mack the Knife", the song Wyatt Michael performed for his blind this season. So at this point they dont care lol.

oh what lmao I just thought it was literally about a shark :dead:

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, FloorWax said:

That’s the only time I know of where the original singer made it known that they weren’t happy about someone singing their song (coaches obviously don’t count)

1 hour ago, Cookie73 said:

That’s the only time I know of where the original singer made it known that they weren’t happy about someone singing their song (coaches obviously don’t count)

Yeah, I enjoy FJM's work but he really should have kept that to himself.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Haha! No, the first verse compares Mack to a shark in their manner of killing. 

Sometimes you have to listen to the lyrics a bit more closely.

Yeah, after reading the lyrics, it definitely isn't trying to hide what it's about.

Still, it's way more subtle than that Sufjan song mentioned earlier with a line that goes: "He took off all their clothes for them/He put a cloth on their lips, quiet hands, quiet kiss on the mouth"

Edited by FloorWax

55 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Yeah, after reading the lyrics, it definitely isn't trying to hide what it's about.

Still, it's way more subtle than that Sufjan song mentioned earlier with a line that goes: "He took off all their clothes for them/He put a cloth on their lips, quiet hands, quiet kiss on the mouth"

Sufjan's is definitely more explicit, but then again his writing as a whole is quite descriptive and on the nose, and I like that about him.

I'd love to see GNT take on Sujfan at some point off the show. Joshua seems to be a big fan based on how he reacted when John mentioned him on his pitch.

22 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I'd love to see GNT take on Sujfan at some point off the show. Joshua seems to be a big fan based on how he reacted when John mentioned him on his pitch.

I saw Joshua's playlist on GNT's Spotify page and he seems to be a big Fleet Foxes fan too. He has a sweet-sounding tenor just like Robin Pecknold so I'd looove to hear him cover something like "Helplessness Blues".

• Like 1

On 1/1/2022 at 10:25 AM, FloorWax said:

Mack the Knife is originally from Brecht and Weill's The Threepenny Opera and is about the highwayman Macheath. 🙃

NY Shakespeare Festival 1976

Original sung by Brecht

Edited by WastedinMemphis

from the spotify playlist of Angeles herself, may i present...

• (another) hotel party - matty reynolds (so random, but it's a good song for raspy males. not the most sentimental and it's upbeat but could be a nice performance)
  • let's go home together - ella henderson, tom grennan (if you haven't listened to this song, i recommend. it would be such a great battle round) 
  • chasing stars - alesso (this song is so beautiful and it would make a stunning performance)
  • malibu nights - LANY (this song screams David Vogel)
  • till forever falls apart - ashe, finneas (this song as a battle song?? yes please) 
  • if ever however whenever forever - picture this (super underrated song, i recommend. i envision people similar to Corey Ward slaying this song)
  • going somewhere - acoustic mix - seth power (such a good song, it could be a moment)
  • apple pie - lizzie mcalpine (such a beautiful song. i could see Cami or Zan sounding magical on this song)
  • if you love her - forest blakk (my favorite song, it has this eerie sad vibe that could be a moment if executed right) 
  • not about angels - birdy (enough said)
  • uninvited - alanis morissette (alanis from american idol covered this and it sounded magical)
  • Like 1

A lot of these have no chance being sung on the voice usa (especially in the indie, rock and misc ctageory) so I'd be satisfied if another country did it.

Indie

Bon Iver & st Vincent- roslyn

Phoebe Bridgers - Kyoto

Sharon Von Etten - serpents

Arcade Fire - wake up

Moses sumney - cut me

Florence + the machine - drumming song

Julien Baker - appointments

Nothing but thieves - if I get high

RNB

SWV - rain

Jazmine Sullivan - pick up your feelings

Beyonce - 1+1

Ne Yo - because of you

Mariah Carey - we Belong together

Bruno Mars - smoking out the window

Maxwell - pretty wings

Janelle monae - Django jane

Rock/metal

Led Zeppelin - Immigrant song

Bon Jovi - bed of roses

Def Leppard - love bites

Guns N roses - don't you cry

Queen - who wants to live forever

Metallica - nothing else matters

Jeff buckley - lover, you should've come over

Alice in chains - nutshell

Pop

Bille Eilish - I love you

Weeknd - in the night

Lana del ray - born to die

Lorde - green light

Katy Perry - never really over

Carly Rae Jepsen - run away with me

Country

Alison Krauss & union Station- boy who wouldn't hoe corn

Jason Isbell - elephant 

Jeanne Pruett- satin sheets

Emmylou Harris & Don Williams- if I needed you

Gillian Welch - revelator

Misc

Kate Bush - running up that hill

Bjork - all is full of love.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

A lot of these have no chance being sung on the voice usa (especially in the indie, rock and misc ctageory) so I'd be satisfied if another country did it.

Indie

Bon Iver & st Vincent- roslyn

Phoebe Bridgers - Kyoto

Sharon Von Etten - serpents

Arcade Fire - wake up

Moses sumney - cut me

Florence + the machine - drumming song

Julien Baker - appointments

Nothing but thieves - if I get high

RNB

SWV - rain

Jazmine Sullivan - feelings