Why this man was allowed to win twice?

eidi

Fun facts:

They both performed very last on the Playoffs, which were both taped.

The Semifinals of the seasons they we're in saw rule changes no one saw coming: S6 had the first Semifinals IS, and S18 had the 5 person finale and team quotas returning.

They both hirsute men living in the Bible Belt that have huge families: Josh had 5 kids of his own, and Todd has 8.

Coincidence? Probably, but still.

Just now, mjdolorico said:

Fun facts:

The Semifinals of the seasons they we're in saw rule changes no one saw coming: S6 had the first Semifinals IS, and S18 had the 5 person finale and team quotas returning.

They both hirsute men living in the Bible Belt that have huge families: Josh had 5 kids of his own, and Todd has 8.

Plot twist: They're actually related

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

Fun facts:

“Bible Belt”

I’m assuming you’ve noticed a pattern. A disproportionate number of winners come from those handful of states. There’s nothing like an entire state (and surrounding states) unifying around a contestant. When I really started examining the Google Trends, and saw what was happening, it reminded me of Chevel’s home state support, and I had no choice but to change my prediction. Hawaii is not going to get it done. 

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

“Bible Belt”

I’m assuming you’ve noticed a pattern. A disproportionate number of winners come from those handful of states. There’s nothing like an entire state (and surrounding states) unifying around a contestant. When I really started examining the Google Trends, and saw what was happening, it reminded me of Chevel’s home state support, and I had no choice but to change my prediction. Hawaii is not going to get it done. 

I mean, Indiana barely dips into the Bible Belt, so that was me stretching a little bit for comparison's sake. But yes, state support has always been something I hope my snowflakes get when they get into the lives. The last time I saw this huge amount of hometown support for a snowflake of mine was Arkansas and Barrett. We know how that turned out. None of my snowflakes from S10-S17 had that advantage at all. 

16 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

I mean, Indiana barely dips into the Bible Belt, so that was me stretching a little bit for comparison's sake. But yes, state support has always been something I hope my snowflakes get when they get into the lives. The last time I saw this huge amount of hometown support for a snowflake of mine was Arkansas and Barrett. We know how that turned out. None of my snowflakes from S10-S17 had that advantage at all. 

It can only happen in certain states. New Mexico (especially this state, tbh), Arkansas, Mississippi...they don’t have much going on, so it’s newsworthy.  No pro sports, just college football, and all of the teams from those states suck. People from those states think they get ignored on the national scene, and have a chip on their shoulder. 

Chris K struck gold in Wisconsin, because they haven’t had a contestant go far in previous seasons. 

Addison got support from a city, but not necessarily the entire state. The coverage was overwhelming. 

Hannah Huston and Nebraska...another prime example. They literally have nothing else to do there. 

Big states like California, Texas, Florida, New York, etc. don’t care at all. In my home state of Minnesota, we’ve had quite a few contestants go far, so nobody cares. Jesse Larson got a little attention from NBC local news when he made the finale, but I doubt anyone who hadn’t already been watching tuned in for that. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

I guess he was not able to watch the earlier seasons of The Voice. 

I started in S13-S15 following very closely, S16 was the first season I saw each  and every episode. I saw highlights, and best performers of earlier seasons and got a good grasp on how the show/TPTB works. 

I do remember seeing a few performances for Josh, idk why I assumed he was with Blake hah. 

30 minutes ago, Theleaguan said:

I started in S13-S15 following very closely, S16 was the first season I saw each  and every episode. I saw highlights, and best performers of earlier seasons and got a good grasp on how the show/TPTB works. 

I do remember seeing a few performances for Josh, idk why I assumed he was with Blake hah. 

Josh was a four-chair turner originally from Team Adam. He lost his Round 2 Battle against Delvin Choice and was stolen by Usher. From that moment, he became a frontrunner on Team Usher and eventually won Season 6.

Edited by Dalton Eduardo
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Theleaguan said:

20 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

Tbf southern Indiana and Ohio both like to pretend they're the Bible Belt, so it's not that much of a stretch (I'm from that part of the country so I can and will call it out). 

Other examples I can think of where contestants on TV/AI got that big backing:

Addison Agen (locally, she got a decent amount of coverage, but statewide...eh.)

Chris Kroeze (Wisconsin got excited and boosted him over the expected winner/runner up in Kirk Jay, which was unexpected given the latter was a four-chair turn and more clearly country)

Kris Allen on AI Season 8 (wasn't there some big controversy about Arkansas rigging the finale or whatever? I only watched AI in S9-S12, so I don't remember exact details)

I'm sure there's others - my part of the country gets people in competitions like this fairly often but they rarely make it far, Addison being the most recent example within a four-hour drive of my hometown that didn't get voted off within a week or two of the playoffs. 

(Examples of local-to-me live show people: The Bundys and their Live Cross-Battle flop in S16, Michael Williams this past season, Max Boyle in S17, Abby Cates and Franc West from S15, D.R. King and Christiana Danielle in S14...)

• Haha 1