American Idol Season 19 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

Murphy, Nia renee and Anthea grace didn't make top 24 and they were the only interesting ones for me.. :no:

the list looks like school field trip. maybe they should have change the name of the show to teen idol.  did they have anything against older contestants? because the comments they made to everyone over 20 something made me think they don't want older than 20.. maybe HR told them what demographic they need after failing with the last 3 winners.. someone they could control and mold.. 

Edited by blackfield

1 hour ago, blackfield said:

Murphy, Nia renee and Anthea grace didn't make top 24 and they were the only interesting ones for me.. :no:

the list looks like school field trip. maybe they should have change the name of the show to teen idol.  did they have anything against older contestants? because the comments they made to everyone over 20 something made me think they don't want older than 20.. maybe HR told them what demographic they need after failing with the last 3 winners.. someone they could control and mold.. 

The ages of the first 3 ABC idols on the day they won are 20, 18, and 21. It’s not like the older contestants were dominating.

6 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

The ages of the first 3 ABC idols on the day they won are 20, 18, and 21. It’s not like the older contestants were dominating.

I think Nick Fradiani was the oldest winning contestant on the show (if we include the FOX seasons). He was 28/29 that year. But yeah ABC wise, the winners are within the age range you mentioned. 

Edited by jazzontherocks

8 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

but they still had older contestants. this year it seems they favor they younger ones. also the judges comments this year are more critical the older the contestant is.

5 minutes ago, blackfield said:

but they still had older contestants. this year it seems they favor they younger ones. also the judges comments this year are more critical the older the contestant is.

Don’t forget that the first 3 seasons of Idol had an upper age limit of 24 at audition. Focusing on the younger contestants is getting back to its roots in a way.

12 hours ago, blackfield said:

also the judges comments this year are more critical the older the contestant is.

I notice that too. I wonder who they'll be critiquing more during the live shows, whether they're older or younger. They'd usually critique the fodders especially in the early stage - those contestants usually don't advance. Even with the audiences voting, the comments can easily influence the voters.

Edited by jazzontherocks

On 3/17/2021 at 4:30 PM, AngelaKD said:

Don’t forget that the first 3 seasons of Idol had an upper age limit of 24 at audition. Focusing on the younger contestants is getting back to its roots in a way.

what roots? in the old idol days at least up till season 7/8 they still had more older contestants than teens. mostly because simon didn't like them or thought they weren't ready. they were more focused on the 20 year old: bo bice, michael johns, adam lambert, david cook, carly smithson, brooke white, constantine maroulis, chris daughtry, taylor hicks... 

Edited by blackfield

No one has given me any thoughts on this yet, but I’ll try again. So Benson is suspected to make top 24 right... but he is NOT in LA like the other contestants????? THOUGHTS PLS

he is with lead singer from Imagine dragons in Las Vegas (tik tok)

7 hours ago, VoicexIdol said:

No one has given me any thoughts on this yet, but I’ll try again. So Benson is suspected to make top 24 right... but he is NOT in LA like the other contestants????? THOUGHTS PLS

he is with lead singer from Imagine dragons in Las Vegas (tik tok)

Just saw this. I think he will be catching up with the rest in LA 🙂 Usually there are contestants who arrive later than the others. 

Edited by jazzontherocks
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, jazzontherocks said:

Just saw this. I think he will be catching up with the rest in LA 🙂 Usually there are contestants who arrive later than the others. 

But not during a pandemic.  Everyone should be arriving at the same time so they can quarantine.

On 3/19/2021 at 11:25 AM, mytake1 said:

But not during a pandemic.  Everyone should be arriving at the same time so they can quarantine.

Grace, Alyssa, Willie, and Hannah were all at dinner together last night so I dont think there is quarantining.

2 hours ago, m1key said:

Grace, Alyssa, Willie, and Hannah were all at dinner together last night so I dont think there is quarantining.

I don't know all the facts regarding the above, but there is a pandemic and the show still needs to adhere to CDC guidelines. 

And you had posted on Mar 11:

Top 24 contestants have began to travel to LA for live shows and quarantining. 

Edited by mytake1

35 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

I don't know all the facts regarding the above, but there is a pandemic and the show still needs to adhere to CDC guidelines. 

And you had posted on Mar 11:

I guess I was wrong, because Madison Watkins also had a Pool Party today for her birthday with multiple contestants such as Willie Spence, Alyssa Wray, Chayce Beckham, and 2 more other girls I couldnt identify.

15 hours ago, m1key said:

I guess I was wrong, because Madison Watkins also had a Pool Party today for her birthday with multiple contestants such as Willie Spence, Alyssa Wray, Chayce Beckham, and 2 more other girls I couldnt identify.

On 3/17/2021 at 8:22 AM, jazzontherocks said:

I think Nick Fradiani was the oldest winning contestant on the show (if we include the FOX seasons). He was 28/29 that year. But yeah ABC wise, the winners are within the age range you mentioned. 

Taylor Hicks was technically older when he won - his birthday is in October whereas Nick's is in November.

Photos for tonight are up!

https://www.dgepress.com/abc/shows/american-idol/episodes/407-hollywood-duets-challenge/

Chayce Beckham & Christina Daugherty - July (Noah Cyrus & Leon Bridges)

Cameron Allen & Graham Defranco

Liv Grace Blue & Michael Gerow

Laila Mach & Liahona Olayan

Alex Miller & Emisunshine

Wyatt Pike & Cassandra Coleman

Ava August & Hunter Metts

Camille Lamb & Althea Grace

Beane & Kari Erickson

Murphy & Lizzy O'Very

Henry Thompson & Ben Dodson

Sloane Simon & Zachary D'Onofrio

Claudia Conway & Hannah Everhart

Deshawn Goncalves & Madison Watkins

Louis Amanti & John Dicaro

Samantha Sharpe & Alana

Also shown but not with a partner - possibly partners with each other and/or montaged/shortclipped

Alec Shaw

Sadie Leigh

Anthony Guzman

Adriel Carrion

Monica Leah

Miguela

Funke Lagoke

Ronda Felton

Willie Spence

Kya Monee

Jazzy Rose & Re'h (together in one of the wide shots)

Alyssa Wray & Grace Kinstler (not shown together, but seen together in a previous promo)

Edited by Koatterce