American Idol Season 19 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

4 hours ago, Sid Dean said:

Can you guys know who were the top 40 contestant? cause they only aired 37 in showstopper.

22 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

^ Liv Grace Blu and Mignon were in the Top 40

And there was Benson, but he withdrew after making the Top 24, and Anilee replaced him.  That’s probably why he was never shown after his audition.

24 minutes ago, Sid Dean said:

What about Caroline Sky? As she posted on her Instagram that she made it to top 40.

I still can't believe even not single performance of hers was shown

.. unless she quit like Benson, I don't think there's a reason to do that to her. that's just dirty and honestly probably degrading for Caroline. 

she sounded beautiful on the genre challenge round (singing rise up), and even got standing o's from lionel and luke

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MargoK said:

Okay. This “spoiler” has got to be an April Fools joke. I heard that contestants from last season are coming back to complete this season.

Please someone tell me it’s not true!!!!

MJ's even posted it from TheIdolPad so I don't know.

HMM. :? 

1 hour ago, idolfan1234 said:

One of the crew members spoiled that he's been rehearsing "Have You Ever Seen The Rain?" as his first performance.

Link?  If Arthur Gunn had won, Idol would have gotten a lot of international attention.

Edited by mytake1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, idolfan1234 said:

One of the crew members spoiled that he's been rehearsing "Have You Ever Seen The Rain?" as his first performance.

Are you serious 💀 I said this as a joke in the other thread and the fact that it could be happening is going to make me lose my mind. Please send a link or screenshot lol.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, m1key said:

Are you serious 💀 I said this as a joke in the other thread and the fact that it could be happening is going to make me lose my mind. Please send a link or screenshot lol.

Think he was making a joke. If not. Well. I'd take that over hearing one more declaration over how Alyssa W. is going to be the next diva superstar...

4 hours ago, idolfan1234 said:

OH. How funny... :/ 

7 hours ago, MargoK said:

I am upset that Arthur Gunn is rumored to be coming back. I cannot stand that guys “singing!”

Sam wasn't much better of a singer. IMO Not even as good as Candice. That's saying something...

3 hours ago, mytake1 said:

Link?  If Arthur Gunn had won, Idol would have gotten a lot of international attention.

I feel like we should get together and go Idol bowling... :lmao:Just kidding. 

18 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

Think he was making a joke. If not. Well. I'd take that over hearing one more declaration over how Alyssa W. is going to be the next diva superstar...

Alyssa and Arthur are both VERY different types of contestants. Alyssa is a vocalist and Arthur is rather an artist who experiments with his tone and instrumentals. There isn't a right or wrong answer for who is "better" since music taste is subjective. However, Alyssa is going to have more pitch accuracy and vocal range since she is a vocalist. At the end of the day though, Arthur is probably going to catch more people's eye because what he does with his artistry and his voice is "unique". This season is certainly not the first or last time we are seeing someone who sings exactly Alyssa, but anybody who appreciates vocals and soul will probably support her. 

Edited by m1key

Tonight's contestant

Alanis Sophia with Jimmie Allen - Shallow by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper

Cassandra Coleman with Ryan Tedder -  TBA

Alyssa Wray with Katherine McPhee - TBA

Wyatt Pike with Ben Rector -  TBA

Anilee List with Joss Stone -  Tell Me Something Good by Chaka and Rufus Khan

DeShawn Goncalves with Ryan Tedder - TBA

Cecil Ray Baker with Jimmie Allen - Freedom was a Highway by Jimmie Allen ft Brad Paisley

Willie Spence with Katherine McPhee - TBA

Graham DeFranco with Ben Rector - TBA

Grace Kinstler with Joss Stone - Midnight Train to Georgia by Gladys Knight

Alana Sherman with Brian McKnight - Back At One by Brian McKnight

Andrea Valles with Brian McKnight - Careless Wonder by George Michael

9 hours ago, KelseyW said:

Sam wasn't much better of a singer. IMO Not even as good as Candice. That's saying something...

Few on Idol have been as good as Candice, but why did she randomly get brought up? :haha:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, m1key said:

Alyssa and Arthur are both VERY different types of contestants. Alyssa is a vocalist and Arthur is rather an artist who experiments with his tone and instrumentals. There isn't a right or wrong answer for who is "better" since music taste is subjective. However, Alyssa is going to have more pitch accuracy and vocal range since she is a vocalist. At the end of the day though, Arthur is probably going to catch more people's eye because what he does with his artistry and his voice is "unique". This season is certainly not the first or last time we are seeing someone who sings exactly Alyssa, but anybody who appreciates vocals and soul will probably support her. 

Yeah.  I don’t have any problems with Mytake preferring people like Arthur since music taste is subjective.  But I don’t like it when he dismisses singers such as Alyssa just because they’re vocalists more than artists.