Best Blues Artist on the Show

Misirlou

¿Who´s your favorite blues artist on the show?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Choices:

• Mia Z (S8)
    • Laith Al Saadi (S10)
    • Adam Wakefield (S10)
    • Jesse Larson (S12)
    • Pryor Baird (S14)
    • Michael Lee (S15)
    • Sarah Grace (S15)
    • Chris Kroeze (S15)
    • Ricky Duran (S17)
    • Other(name who)

Blues is probably my favorite genre/the one I usually listen to the most, so I wanted to make a little tribute to the blues artists that have appeared on the show that I remember. Blues isn´t really a genre that does well on the show, but it certainly leads to interesting vocal choices, and in some cases, some amazing guitar moments. These are artists that at least have sang 1 blues song on the show, or have remained blues all the way. (Cross genre like country/blues or rock/blues also count)

12 minutes ago, indii said:

Either Mia Z or Sarah. I'd say Mia because Sarah was pretty rocky in the pre-taped rounds.

Mia's biggest problem was her teammates; had she been with Pharrell on a team without Sawyer and Koryn, she could've survived past the top 12. Unfortunately, Sawyer was his front runner and Koryn was a teenage powerhouse that'd willingly dabbled in gospel, so she was always going to be up on the chopping block quickly. 

Not sure I'd count Ricky as blues, but he'd count as one of my favorites.

I voted Mia based merely on her age and how impressive she was, but as a whole - I'd probably go Mia > Laith > Michael > the rest.

Edited by Someone648

Yeah, I know Ricky is not blues as a whole, but I included artists who have performed at least one blues song on the show, and aside it´s pretty clear that Ricky has some serious blues influence in his guitar playing as well.

40 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Mia's biggest problem was her teammates; had she been with Pharrell on a team without Sawyer and Koryn, she could've survived past the top 12. Unfortunately, Sawyer was his front runner and Koryn was a teenage powerhouse that'd willingly dabbled in gospel, so she was always going to be up on the chopping block quickly. 

mia eliminated in top 12 is still so bitter. 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I honestly thought Michael Lee was a shoo-in to make Blake's Top 3. I mean, he already got Kirk and Chris in, what was the point of saving Dave?

That part we really don't know. I mean Blake is strategic and he should have known that was a dumb move, maybe Dave was just a sentimental favorite I guess. He does have a few of those sometimes.

3 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

That part we really don't know. I mean Blake is strategic and he should have known that was a dumb move, maybe Dave was just a sentimental favorite I guess. He does have a few of those sometimes.

Iirc Blake and Dave had a history before the show.  There was no way Dave wasn't going to be one of Blake's top 3.

Anyways...I voted for Sarah Grace.  Her voice really grew on me that season.  Not really a bad choice among this group tho imo.

• Like 1

Mia Z, no contest. IMO one of the best voices to ever be on the show. She had range for days and an awesome and unique tone #robbed

But I do hope someone like the lead singer from Kaleo comes to the show, he’d be an instant snowflake of mine

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, FloorWax said:

I honestly thought Michael Lee was a shoo-in to make Blake's Top 3. I mean, he already got Kirk and Chris in, what was the point of saving Dave?

13 hours ago, ATX29 said:

Iirc Blake and Dave had a history before the show.  There was no way Dave wasn't going to be one of Blake's top 3.

Tinfoil hat time/Blake strategy speculation - he was planning for Michael, Kirk, and Dave to move on from the playoffs; he expected to have two of them (likely Kirk and Michael, given the popularity of their blinds and KOs) to go through via PV, and he'd save the third one. He didn't expect Chris to sail through the PV, so he had to pick between Michael and Dave; the latter he knew better and got his "sentimental favorite" spot, so Dave moved on and Michael got cut.

• Like 1