The Voice Australia Season 9

Teraginn

I don’t know how to do the SPOILER ALERT thingy but here’s something I realised last night:

The Voice Au Instagram only posts the performance reactions of the contestants who make it into the semi-finals - I’m not sure if it’ll still be the same tonight but we certainly only saw Mark, Chris, Tim and Johnny talking about their performance on IG stories

Just posting to say that Stephanie was completely robbed. She was the performance of the night, OMG what an amazing performance, she put herself into the song in such a beuatiful way, and the way she slinked around those notes was aweseome and actually super high difficulty.

Ironic how Kelly said to Guy that Guy should "do the right thing and take her through" when she also does tragic choices for her team, but at least she was right there.

Edited by Brick
  • Thanks 1

My ranking of them afyer hearing their Studio version

Team George

1. Siala - 99

2. Masha -97

3. Elyse - 96

4. Angela- 95

5. Virginia -92

Team Delta

1. Clarissa - 99

2. Stellar -96

3. Jesse - 96

4. GolDi - 94

5. Steve- 93

1 hour ago, IAN27TAY said:

My ranking of them afyer hearing their Studio version

Team George

1. Siala - 99

2. Masha -97

3. Elyse - 96

4. Angela- 95

5. Virginia -92

Team Delta

1. Clarissa - 99

2. Stellar -96

3. Jesse - 96

4. GolDi - 94

5. Steve- 93

Can you send me the link of where you heard it?

OMG the studio versions of all Delta's members are so good. I really like Stellar's because I think it is the type of song that'll have a grandiose stage or something, it's exciting.

Elyse, Masha, and Siala's song are spot on! Elyse is in her element tonight, but Masha stepped it up and chose a really powerful song, guess it just depends on who performed better tonight (in AUS time).

Edited by anonymouskid_35

4 hours ago, CufaFanvoice26 said:

From George It's more difficult, Siala 100%, then It can be lit anyone except Virginia, It's not that I don't like her, it's just that they didn't give her a song that helps her.

she chose her own song

3 hours ago, Brick said:

Just posting to say that Stephanie was completely robbed. She was the performance of the night, OMG what an amazing performance, she put herself into the song in such a beuatiful way, and the way she slinked around those notes was aweseome and actually super high difficulty.

Ironic how Kelly said to Guy that Guy should "do the right thing and take her through" when she also does tragic choices for her team, but at least she was right there.

honestly Stephanie is really good, I agree. I think that guy should have brought Johnny and her through but their lane is too similar, both being pretty pop-ish. If there were votes and not coach choosing/team quotas for the semifinals I'd say that Guy's decision was right, but since their votes won't get split, he should have taken them both through for sure.

4 hours ago, Rach88 said:

I don’t know how to do the SPOILER ALERT thingy but here’s something I realised last night:

The Voice Au Instagram only posts the performance reactions of the contestants who make it into the semi-finals - I’m not sure if it’ll still be the same tonight but we certainly only saw Mark, Chris, Tim and Johnny talking about their performance on IG stories

when did they spoil it 👀 I need spoilers before I sleep (im pst so the shows at 2 AM for me and I have class tomorrow) 

My thoughts after listening to the studio versions:

TEAM DELTA: pretty solid in general

- Clarissa was stunning - I'm gonna be so mad if she doesn't go through.

- I don't get the hype over Jesse. His voice is not that distinctive and I think this song didn't do him any favors.

- Stellar was nice but it wasn't my favorite performance of hers.

- I liked GOLDI but I don't think they have a realistic chance tbh. (Janie was my favorite on the blinds so I'm probably biased haha.)

- Steve was ok. Not a fan though.

Who I'd go with: Clarissa and Stellar

What I think is gonna happen: Jesse and Clarissa/Stellar

TEAM GEORGE: I love an all female team haha.

- At the beginning of Masha's song I wasn't into it but the ending was great. Overall I loved it.

- I love Elyse's song. The beginning was great but I think she got drowned by the band.

- Who arranged Angela's song???? If she did it like the original it would sound so much better imo.

- Siala was great, I loved it.

- I don't get why Virginia picked this song (because of the scream in the beginning maybe? lol). This should be Sapphire's spot tho.

Who I'd go with: Masha and Siala

What I think is gonna happen: Siala and Masha/Angela. (But George loves a rocker so I wouldn't be surprised if he picked Virginia lmao)

The best of the night for me - at least from the studio versions - was Clarissa.

Edited by abraaom1

I feel like for Jesse, no matter what song he does, I can think of someone who (imo) did it better. for example, with this one, I think sharane calister and Koryn Hawthorne both did a better job (although his performance ramped up as it went on which was pretty impressive). unfortunately for me, it doesnt stack up compared to the rest of deltas team, although this is for me undoubtedly his best performance.

I didn't listen to Steve because tbh he has an exactly 0% chance of going through. after studio versions, I feel like my personal rating is Clarissa > Goldi > stellar > Jesse, and chances of going through are Stellar >> Clarissa >= Jesse > Goldi 

I will now search for Boy George's team because it was not shared here unfortunately

omg 

10 minutes ago, abraaom1 said:

My thoughts after listening to the studio versions:

- I don't get the hype over Jesse. His voice is not that distinctive and I think this song didn't do him any favors.

- Stellar was nice but it wasn't my favorite performance of hers.

- I liked GOLDI but I don't think they have a realistic chance tbh. (Janie was my favorite on the blinds so I'm probably biased haha.)

- Steve was ok. Not a fan though.

Who I'd go with: Clarissa and Stellar

What I think is gonna happen: Jesse and Clarissa/Stellar

TEAM GEORGE: I love an all female team haha.

- At the beginning of Masha's song I wasn't into it but the ending was great. Overall I loved it.

- I love Elyse's song. The beginning was great but I think she got drowned by the band.

- Who arranged Angela's song???? If she did it like the original it would sound so much better imo.

- Siala was great, I loved it.

- I don't get why Virginia picked this song (because of the scream in the beginning maybe? lol). This should be Sapphire's spot tho.

Who I'd go with: Masha and Siala

What I think is gonna happen: Siala and Masha/Angela. (But George loves a rocker so I wouldn't be surprised if he picked Virginia lmao)

The best of the night for me - at least from the studio versions - was Clarissa.

omg WORD FOR WORD I agree with what you said about deltas team!!! like totally agree about Clarissa, Jesse, stellar, and Goldi, and Janie's BA was also a favorite. we Stan this taste!!

Edited by ashwinner
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Brick said:

She was totally robbed with that surprisingly controlled, powerful and believable rendition.

• Like 1

Just now, iloveadam said:

She was totally robbed with that surprisingly controlled, powerful and believable rendition.

Stephanie has been soooooo overlooked since the blind auditions. I think that's due to the fact that she has no sob story.

• Sad 1

I want Elyse and Masha/Angela to move on. I dont care too much for virginia or Siala although Siala's gonna move on. Elyse gave a good performance, and Masha gave the same old. I liked Angelas performance a lot more than I expected to. if I am going to go with something more likely, id hope for Siala and Elyse.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, abraaom1 said:

The problem is that coaches have to think of who would win the public vote as well - like Stephanie, Clarissa is not a very 'popular' contestant.

The Voice audience on the whole isn't a fan of opera/musical theatre - I remember social media blasting Delta for choosing the 'opera singer' over Graeme in the last round.

I love that Clarissa will have a big moment tonight but her journey might be like Natasha Stuart last season - she ends her time on this show with her best performance.

I definitely think public-voted finals are the best way to do this - we're losing so many good artists all at once

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

The problem is that coaches have to think of who would win the public vote as well - like Stephanie, Clarissa is not a very 'popular' contestant.

The Voice audience on the whole isn't a fan of opera/musical theatre - I remember social media blasting Delta for choosing the 'opera singer' over Graeme in the last round.

I love that Clarissa will have a big moment tonight but her journey might be like Natasha Stuart last season - she ends her time on this show with her best performance.

I definitely think public-voted finals are the best way to do this - we're losing so many good artists all at once

I was critical when it happened in S16 in the US, but I think for a season like Season 9 Australia - I would support getting rid of the team quotas for a top 12. I'd much rather the top (however) overall get voted through with each coach getting 1 save to round out the top (whatever). Delta could've potentially gotten in her whole team with that. At least with Australia, the single team domination isn't because the coach has an absurd fanbase like Blake does.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I was critical when it happened in S16 in the US, but I think for a season like Season 9 Australia - I would support getting rid of the team quotas for a top 12. I'd much rather the top (however) overall get voted through with each coach getting 1 save to round out the top (whatever). Delta could've potentially gotten in her whole team with that. At least with Australia, the single team domination isn't because the coach has an absurd fanbase like Blake does.

Delta's team is ICONIC and if the finale were GOLDI, Clarissa, Stellar, and Jesse I wouldn't mind lmao. 

My dream finale would have probably been Despina, Clarissa, GOLDI, Johnny or something similar.

Edit: Stephanie is also really amazing after listening to "You Say" again and she might have a place in my finale tbh, but I'd want to hear more from all of them to figure out who I'd pick.

Edited by ashwinner
  • Like 1

Watching Clarissa's performance I'm not sure if she'll get through - in the promos they certainly took the best parts of her performance.

I didn't really gain interest until the later half and I think she's a great entrant for Eurovision but not as strong as her other contestants