The Voice Australia Season 9

Teraginn

I’ve been DYING to hear Cellophane on The Voice since Maelyn’s season and it loses to a Cher cover? Damn. Oh well lol. (RETIRE BELIEVE)

Jesse and Stellar have both been phenomenal and would’ve both been top 4 on a normal season anyway. 
Personally, I’m down with anyone but Johnny winning.

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

It just isn't about who can go high notes or something, an artist like Johnny is just too ordinary for me. High notes doesn't impress me, connection does, and that is what I have with Stellar, she doesn't have the strongest voice, but the way how she connects to the songs that she sing, is phenomenal

yes i agreed with you, johnny is great but technical vocal  not impress me also i love to listen he sing but i hope he can give me feel emotion and  btw the last season winner, diana also a technical vocal but her impress audience with emotion, that why she win it. 

Edited by stilinskies

As much as I don't really like the predictability of the last couple rounds, I have to give it to TVAU for not picking someone solely for the idea of throwing a curveball or trying to make weird things happens with the results. The drama exists solely between the coaches and for the most part doesn't bother the contestants.

I will note, though, that Johnny might have a tough time in the finale possibly because of how everyone hates Guy, but I don't think that its gonna be enough to cause him to lose if he was going to win. 

Just listened to Johnny's performance; as much as I usually like his, it wasn't as impressive as his previous ones. I think he connected a little more emotionally to the song, but since he's set the bar so high for himself as a powerhouse vocalist, him letting his voice be held back by the emotion even a little was not what I was expecting for me. However, I think it might have been a good move, and in the Grand Finale, I hope you starts with an emotional one and ends of with a huge ballad.

The Semi-Final performances ranking

1. Johnny - Too short but I really like it, he just sang his heart out.

2. Jesse - Brave song choice and he totally nailed it.

3. Chris - This was actually good.

4. Siala - Not as impressed as her previous performances.

5. Timothy - Forgettable.

6. Stellar - Adam Lambert has ended every ballad version of Believe.

7. Masha - There were some powerful high notes and nothing else.

8. Mark - A complete wrong song choice.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stilinskies said:

so in final 4 we have 2 professional singer right its johnny and chris? or stellar also consider pro singer?

I mean Siala's the only one without prior experience on a singing show so I think I'd count Stellar as pro, although less prominent than Chris and Johnny because she was under her real name instead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I mean Siala's the only one without prior experience on a singing show so I think I'd count Stellar as pro, although less prominent than Chris and Johnny because she was under her real name instead.

i see thank you 😁

I have liked Johnny but I think that Timothy beat him tonight. I love powerhouse vocals but moments need to be picked out so that it outshines other parts of the performance. I think Chris does that well with throwing in one very impressive run in his performance. I just thought Johnny was too over the top tonight and Timothy was at his best. (I still like Johnny and before I go was one of my favorites of the showdowns)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, antikid said:

Is there anything known about Matt and Janie? Are they going solo again after the show?

They said they'll be doing solos but it is not the end for them as a duo, they'll still be working together they said

6 hours ago, iloveadam said:

The original songs for the final 4 are on Spotify.

I'm impressed, I really loved their songs and I think the final will be amazing with 4 artists ready to have a career. Interesting that my favorite single, is not from my favorite to win the show but hands down to all of them.

1.Chris

2.Johnny

3.Siala

4.Stellar

To my taste Chris single is clearly my favorite, and Stellar my least favorite. Johnny and Siala is really close to me, I like them both the same, and being so different styles is hard to compare haha

Edited by searomordep

10 hours ago, antikid said:

Tbh, Jesse is WAY too basic. Sorry not sorry

I noticed that it was people on Instagram who really loved him and thought he was robbed -  probably young girls who thought he was good-looking were devastated that he's gone

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm a big fan of Stellar however I think I might direct my votes to Siala as Stellar's not garnering as much public attention as Siala and Johnny so I don't think she'll win.

Siala is so original and I would love to actually see someone make it in the music industry (I'm still upset that Daniel Shaw didn't win last year however he ended up signing a recording deal anyway)

I've been following this thread for a long time, but I haven't commented at all. But I just wanted to say that Tim's performance tonight was beautiful and it made me get gooseebumps all over my body. I LOVED Stellar tonight as well. My finale would have been:

Stellar

Timothy

Chris ( it would have been Mark, but they bussed him pretty hard tonight)

Masha

Edited by randomgirl

1 hour ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Stellar will be singing Anyone as her finale cover. Lmao they kept on pimping Stellar in previews, then her not having a chance at all is an effort waste for em

I think Diana winning last year probably put off any chance that Stellar would win - we've had enough of 'female powerhouses' and the competition is so fierce this year.

11 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

So interesting reading who the finalists want to win The Voice - it seems like Johnny and Stellar are the 2 favourites 

https://9now.nine.com.au/the-voice/finalists-reveal-who-they-want-to-win-australia-2020/03ca5920-f612-46fd-a60b-c1c6646fcc8b#1

Stellar is actually really praised for her beautiful soul, I knew it from the moment I saw her, she seems so kind and down to earth