The Voice Australia Season 9

Teraginn

6 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Sheldon Riley which is on Season 8 will be joining America's Got Talent, he's up this week

Excited for one of my faves last season  ❣️

Lara Dabbagh also auditioned for AGT and is in one of the promos from the beginning of the season!

No news on when her audition will air though.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rach88 said:

New article on 9Now tells us about voting:

https://9now.nine.com.au/the-voice/everything-you-need-to-know-about-voting-for-australia-2020/300f8eda-3082-4095-a9ed-309af64813c5#

Basically it confirms that there will be 4 contestants in the grand finale - 1 from each team. We each have 3 votes that can be placed after the semi-finals next Tuesday and continues until every contestant has performed in the Grand Finale on Sunday night. So we were right in thinking that the coaches decide on their top contestant and we are only voting for the winner.

im kinda confused by this oops. you said that we have three votes that can be placed after semifinals and continues until every contestant has performed - does this mean that we have 3 votes and we can place them until all performances are over, or that we get more than three votes and they reset?

3 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

im kinda confused by this oops. you said that we have three votes that can be placed after semifinals and continues until every contestant has performed - does this mean that we have 3 votes and we can place them until all performances are over, or that we get more than three votes and they reset?

Means that you have three votes to choose the winner. You can vote three times in the same artist or divide your votes in two or three contestants

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, searomordep said:

Means that you have three votes to choose the winner. You can vote three times in the same artist or divide your votes in two or three contestants

Thanks for making it clearer than how I worded it!! It also means you can decide to use your 3 votes straight after the semi-finals when they've announced who the 4 grand-finalists are (basing your votes on their semi-final performances) or you can wait until the following Sunday when they've performed their last song + duet with their coach.

Their semi-final performances will be crucial - I know I'll vote days before the grand final so we won't frantically be trying to sign in to the 9 website on the night - from what I remember, last year their website crashed which meant a lot of people couldn't vote before it closed. 

I was thinking, there's rumours that Rebecca Selley and Prinnie Stevens will perform on the show, right? Rebecca was team Kelly and Prinnie was team George, you guys think it's possible that they will do the duet with the finalists from their coaches since Kelly and George can't be there?

33 minutes ago, searomordep said:

I was thinking, there's rumours that Rebecca Selley and Prinnie Stevens will perform on the show, right? Rebecca was team Kelly and Prinnie was team George, you guys think it's possible that they will do the duet with the finalists from their coaches since Kelly and George can't be there?

Oooo that's a very interesting idea! I was thinking they would be helping guest mentor for the semi-finals?

In a press release Channel 9 have announced more info on what's happening next week:

• The Showdowns will be next Sunday and Monday
    • Guy and Kelly's teams are on Sunday and Delta and George's teams on Monday
    • Each coach will pick their Top 2 out of their 5 remaining artists to progress to the semi-finals
    • Delta will be performing her single 'Keep Climbing' with the finalists on Sunday
    • Amy Shark will be guest mentor and perform 'Everybody Rise' on Monday
  • The Semi-Finals air on Tuesday
    • Top 8 in the semi-finals with each coach selecting 1 artist to go through to the Grand Finale
    • Guy performs Standing with You and Daryl Braithwaite performs Love Songs
  • The Grand-Finals next Sunday
    • Top 4 in the competiton vie for $100,000 prize money and recording contract with EMI Music
    • Winner is determined by public vote
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, searomordep said:

That's the most likely, I'm just thinking out of the box hahaha

You could be absolutely correct though! Judging by Amy Shark acting as guest mentor, they might only have one mentor helping out both teams from now on. 

Interesting that it only mentions Amy Shark as a guest mentor this week - unless she's mentoring both teams for the showdowns + semi-finals, there is a possibility that Prinnie and Rebecca might be helping George and Kelly's teams in the semi-finals/grand finale. Obviously they're not 'big names' like The Veronicas and Amy Shark, which might be why they're not included in the press release? It would make sense to have previous contestants help out, seeing as they understand what it's like to be on the show

17 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

It would make sense to have previous contestants help out, seeing as they understand what it's like to be on the show

I think it's interesting as well, the fact that they both were on first season and returned last year, even though Rebecca didnt turn a chair back then

Edited by searomordep
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, searomordep said:

I think it's interesting as well, the fact that they both were on first season and returned last year, even though Rebecca didnt turn a chair back then

Absolutely! However since Daryl Braithwaite is performing on Tuesday he could be another possibility for guest mentor? 

I'm also wondering how exactly the duet with coaches will work for George and Kelly. 

On 7/9/2020 at 7:17 PM, Rach88 said:

In a press release Channel 9 have announced more info on what's happening next week:

• The Showdowns will be next Sunday and Monday
    • Guy and Kelly's teams are on Sunday and Delta and George's teams on Monday
    • Each coach will pick their Top 2 out of their 5 remaining artists to progress to the semi-finals

Was hoping for a top 12 (each picking 3) so I could get Jesse, Clarissa, and Stellar but looks like I'll have to settle. As long as it's any of those 3...

If I had to predict:

Guy: Johnny Manuel and Timothy Bowen

Delta: Stellar Perry and Jesse Teinaki

Guy: Siala and Masha Mnjoyan

Kelly: Chris Sebastian and Mark Furze

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 1

Here are who I think will be the final 2 from each team, and reasons why.

#TeamGuy

1. Johnny- out of all of Team Guy, he's the most sure I am on advancing. He's just a favorite of Guy and Guy showed that on that past few rounds, giving his opponents worst scenarios.

2. Timothy- I know that he's a favorite of Guy too, but I am not so sure about him, since Adam is also a favorite of Guy. However, Guy seems to lose interest on Adam because of his inexperience.

#TeamKelly

1. Chris- There's no way Kelly's letting go Chris, she's her favorite from the start. And the show seems pushing Chris as Kelly's frontrunner from the start.

2. Despina/Mark- Honestly, it just depends on who gives a performance that impresses Kelly the most. Despina had got the eye of Kelly from the start, while Mark, he had been the rocker that Kelly wanted to have.

#TeamDelta

1. Stellar- Stellar seems the TCO this season, I really can see her going to the Grand Finals, and potentially winning it. Delta, not choosing her, was not a indication of Delta losing interest on her, she just really wants to push her even more.

2. Jesse- As much as Delta loves Clarissa, I don't think she would pick her over Jesse who caught her attention even more after a good performance on the Playoffs. 

#TeamGeorge

1. Siala- she seems to be pushed as the frontrunner of George's team. She also have lots of support from George ever since the start, that being showed when he picked Siala on Playoffs even if she stumbled.

2. Angela- she's definitely a fav of George, Masha is a great vocalist, but I have a feel that George isn't feeling her as an artist. George probably don't want another Diana finalist on her team.

• Like 1

Heres my ranking in each team after all the performance.

Team Guy-

1.  Johny Manuel - 99

2.  Timothy Bowen - 97

3. Adam Ludewig - 96

4. Stephanie Cole - 93

5. Matt Gresham - 92

Team George-

1. Angela Fabian- 98

2. Siala Robson - 96

3. Masha Mnjoyan - 96

4. Virginia Lillye - 94

5. Elyse Sene-Lefao - 91

Team Kelly - 

1. Chris Sebastian - 99

2. Lyric McFarland - 97

3. Despina Savva - 96

4. Mark Furze - 94

5. Alex Weybury - 92

Team Delta - 

1. Stellar Perry - 98

2. Jesse Teinaki - 96

3. GolDi - 95

4. Clarissa Spata - 94

5. Steve Clisby - 92

Edited by IAN27TAY

A little late but here are my commentaries for Night 2 and 3 of Playoffs. 

Playoffs 2 - There were more performances I enjoyed than the premiere night. Pretty much every matchoff was good, except for *that* one.

1. Angela vs Roxane: Angela surprised me. She'd struck me as a serious gospel singer so I would never have imagined her nailing a fun, energetic song. Even more impressive is that she managed to give the performance some sort of build-up, despite it being merely a minute long. Roxane did great with what she got too, though I think it was a bit more subdued than what I expected of her. George made the right call on this one, though I'd lowkey love to sub Masha out for Roxane.

2. Stellar vs Jesse: Stellar gave me all the feels with that song, though admittedly her start was kinda rocky. Her voice and delivery was just so emotional. The same could be said about Jesse as well, but hs performance was more controlled and grounded. Overall, they were incredibly equal. I only favor Stellar here because I like her song more than Jesse's. It was somewhat surprising to see her lose, but everyone knew she wasn't going home anytime soon.

3. Timothy vs Matt: So Guy really is capable of giving good song choices. Who'd have thought? Jokes aside, I enjoy both of these performances. Another very equal pairing where both brought it, though Matt's drop in the middle of the chorus was disconcerting for me at first. I go with Matt because his voice is really distinct and is the type that I'd listen to out of the show. Can't fault Guy for taking Timothy through though.

4. Claudia vs Goldi: It took me a few listens to realize how much Claudia sounds like Ellie Goulding here. Her voice is so pretty but her inexperiece really showed. She lacked vocal control and couldn't breathe properly switching back and forth between head and chest voice. She just needs a few years to refine. Goldi made me enjoy a song that I used to hate, so that's good. But I agree that although they sounded good together, there isn't a very compelling point why they should be a duo? If anything, I'm happy that they broke the curse of duos formed mid-show being eliminated the next round.

5. Mark vs Bo'Ness: It's literally a crime to condense 'Dream On' into a minute long performance. It's not just the crazy high notes, it's the build-up to them too. There was no space for Mark to build his performance, and those high notes didn't sound particularly great or healthy. Bo'Ness didn't get a song that allowed them to stand out. They were just there strumming and singing and then the song ended abruptly without a moment or a crescendo. 

6. Elishia vs Jimi: Truly iconic for all the wrong reasons. I cringed so much during Elishia's performance (that voice crack, big yikes) and then cringed some more watching Jimi after I though there's no way he could have lost this one now. It was really hard to watch the coaches tearing into them almost immediately, but I believe Kelly made the right call in cutting both. If I'm forced to choose, I'd probably go with Jimi since I did wind up liking his audition and battle, whereas Elishia's audition was forgettable. Also, I might have missed this but what was the theme of their song choices again?

Playoffs 3 - Mostly everyone was solid tbh. Very strong night.

1. Steve vs Emmagen: I thought both of them were fodders, and I didn't know either of their songs. Boy was I surprised. Steve reminds me of Ray Charles and I love it. The ruggedness of his voice fits the song amazingly well. Emmagen was surprisingly good too. She showed that she's got more in her than just the spunky kid singer shtick. Of course, there was no way she was gonna win this, but damn Delta's a good coach. 

2. Lyric vs Chris: Lyric brought something new to a tired song, and for that alone she should have won. The way she sang the first line of the chorus gave me chills, and her voice just sounded so good on a ballad. Chris was good too, but that is not really a singing song. He tried to infuse his vocals into it and it turned out decent, but not remarkable. It's funny that Kelly gave the balladeer a fun song and the energetic singer a ballad.

3. Virginia vs Sapphire: Virginia's performance showed that her head voice is very underdeveloped. She's always going full throttle which I don't think was the right approach to 'Chandelier'. There are so many covers of that song out there in so many different styles that hers didn't stand out at all. On the other hand, Sapphire was terrific. She captivated me from the first note and her voice is just so warm and emotional. I don't throw around the R word very often but this definitely calls for it. Sapphire was robbed. This is the decision I'm most upset with this season so far.

4. Soma vs Stephanie: Soma's performance was stiff and not very good, but she is a unique singer. Stephanie, on the other hand, sang well and hit some impressive notes, but she's terribly generic. I'd go with Stephanie but I don't think either would survive the next round anyway. Regarding the "drama", I didn't think Soma was rude at all. Sure, she could have phrased it better but going on the show itself is a lot of pressure, not to mention during a global pandemic. I really felt for her when she asked if she got what it takes to be a musician. I hope she gets the help she needs because that sounds like some insecurity and anxiety issues.

Now, if I were to make some predictions as to who will be the top 2 of each team, I'd go something lke this.

Team Delta: Stellar (obviously), Jesse (he's been consistent so far) or Clarissa (she's capable of delivering something epic)

Team Guy: Johnny (coach's favorite), Timothy or Matt (they are kinda in the same lane)

Team George: Siala (coach's favorite), Angela (the best of all the powerhouses) or Virginia (seems to be a favorite too)

Team Kelly: Chris (stand-out so far), Despina (just a gut feeling)  

• Like 1

My Top 2 for each team:

Team Guy: Adam Ludewig & Timothy Bowen

Team Delta: Stellar Perry & Clarissa Spata

Team George: Siala Robson & Masha Mnjoyan

Team Kelly: Despina Savva & Chris Sebastian

Honorable Mention:

Team Guy: Johnny Manuel

Team Delta: Goldi

Team George: Elyse Sene-Lefao

Team Kelly: Mark Furze

• Like 1

18 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

#TeamDelta

1. Stellar- Stellar seems the TCO this season, I really can see her going to the Grand Finals, and potentially winning it. Delta, not choosing her, was not a indication of Delta losing interest on her, she just really wants to push her even more.

2. Jesse- As much as Delta loves Clarissa, I don't think she would pick her over Jesse who caught her attention even more after a good performance on the Playoffs. 

Agree with this - it'll be fun to see a different side of Stellar when she sings 'Like A Prayer' seeing as she's mostly done emotional songs. 

Clarissa chose the perfect song for herself next week - that's the quintessential opera song and it sounds like she nails it. Unfortunately, opera isn't a hit with viewers so I can predict they'll be people saying she deserved a semi-final spot more than Jesse, but no-one can doubt that Jesse's also such a strong contender.

14 hours ago, longtimelurker said:

Team Delta: Stellar (obviously), Jesse (he's been consistent so far) or Clarissa (she's capable of delivering something epic)

Team Guy: Johnny (coach's favorite), Timothy or Matt (they are kinda in the same lane)

Team George: Siala (coach's favorite), Angela (the best of all the powerhouses) or Virginia (seems to be a favorite too)

Team Kelly: Chris (stand-out so far), Despina (just a gut feeling)  

I think you've pretty much nailed it - the first contestant you listed for each team I'm predicting will be Top 4 grand-finalists. 

The semi-finalists are a bit more difficult - I can definitely see Delta picking Jesse and Guy choosing Tim.

George and Kelly's teams are harder to predict as their top choices in Siala and Chris are their stand-outs but the rest trail behind.