The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Just now, katybay said:

It's not a song for the voters....but honestly I think it was the perfect song in terms of showing of who she is as an artist and she nailed it.

Unless she didn't watch the show in previous seasons, she definitely didn't seem to have picked that song with the hopes of winning, but rather to show who she is as an artist so people could clearly see her identity and support her after the show. That's a smart move if you ask me.

43 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

I think Carter won’t appeal to the audience as much because Payge is honestly so underrated

shes not my favorite but she deserves recognition. Her knockout I heard was the best knockout of the season 

I can’t think of anyone (excluding Jim) more appealing to the core audience than Carter. Payge is probably toast against him (which sucks because she’s most likely going to end up as my favorite based on her insta covers).

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Unless she didn't watch the show in previous seasons, she definitely didn't seem to have picked that song with the hopes of winning, but rather to show who she is as an artist so people could clearly see her identity and support her after the show. That's a smart move if you ask me.

Why not pick a song that can do both (get votes & show who she is as an artist)? It’s either a bus, or a very poor choice, considering the average viewer is over 60 years old. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Completely off topic but I just wanna share this performance. Man, probably the best coaches' performance ever on the voice. (They all KILLED it, especially THAT entrance of Miley)

Side note: Adam looks hot here 😂

Without a doubt the best coaches performance ever. Adam nailed it in the end 🤩 if only he performed like that on the super bowl.🤭

• Haha 5

44 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Most contestants don’t watch the show. That’s been fairly well established. 

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

i would be very surprised if she picked her song

2 hours ago, ashwinner said:

i dont dispute that she's better, but gwen loves her young boys ("My BABY!" and Braiden Sunshine) and the fans also like teen boys

Give an example outside of Braiden Sunshine of Gwen "loving her young boys". Also Braiden was voted through by the voters, what did you all want Gwen to do? Pull an Adam and tell people not to vote for one of her team members? 

The amount of extrapolation based on one data point is exhausting, Gwen has had other teen boys on her team. Carter probably will make lives, but not because Gwen is obsessed with teen boys 

• Like 2

I can deal with Carter being the front runner on Team Gwen as long as he’s not super pitchy - that’s where a lot of the younger artists tend to struggle on the show. I’m willing to forgive occasional moments of it (it happens to most everyone who doesn’t naturally have perfect pitch) but being consistently pitchy is not a good look when you’re up against artists who’ve been singing longer than you’ve been alive.

I’d prefer Payge as the Team Gwen front runner, personally, but I acknowledge it’s likely going to be Carter so I’m preparing myself mentally for that.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

I rly want WTW to be Blake’s representation, not Jim....

Although Jim is actually really good and he is the second country singer I actually like (Rod is my #1 of course)

I'd want WTW on the basis of them being different or Sid, as he's the only non-country guy there.

If Jim's good though I might throw him some support. Ian's got a fascinating tone but if he's still full on country then I'm not super interested.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I'd want WTW on the basis of them being different or Sid, as he's the only non-country guy there.

If Jim's good though I might throw him some support. Ian's got a fascinating tone but if he's still full on country then I'm not super interested.

I´m actually interested in hearing him on the show. He´s got a deep gravelly tone that I like, and he doesn´t really sound like an ordinary country singer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

My biggest issue with Jim is that I'm going to spend most of the season mentally comparing him to Todd T. from last season, given both are late 30s/early 40s pastors on Team Blake who did (or are projected to) sing a good amount of country music on the show. I know logically Jim isn't Todd and that's not a fair comparison to make since they're not necessarily super-similar vocally, but it's a hangup that's giving me pause on rooting for him. I will be happy for Jim if he does well on the show, but I'd prefer WTW or Sid over him at this point.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

Why did Tanner make it instead of Marisa???

why didn’t Gwen save her steal- her KO was literally after Ben.

I'm gonna just copy + paste the feedback I wrote after KO's:

Regarding Marisa/Tanner, neither of them got particularly great feedback.

Ben vs. Worth the Wait

-Mixed feedback for Ben from the sources - someone said he messed up a part, another said he was generic

-The coaches repeated and repeated how "consistent" his vocals were. John used the word "boring" in his feedback but it was taken out of context and the coaches kept poking fun at him

-WTW started acapella, transitioned to a slow version, and ended with a hoedown/upbeat version of the song

-Coaches stated it was their best performance yet. Kelly praised each member individually

-Sources generally liked WTW overall

-More than one source said they groaned when Gwen stole Ben. Gwen said she wanted her "country moment" and said she was initially saving her steal for someone else.

Marisa vs. Tanner

-Marisa played her own version of If I Could Turn Back Time on a keyboard

-John and Blake were talking to Marisa up until the literal moment that her song began.

-Marisa apparently started rough with unusual/weird vocals but she recovered fully by the end

-Sources were mixed on Tanner, a few though he was good, another one said he made the song sound like bro country

-Marisa gave a speech to the coaches about how she her performance showed off her "true artistry," etc. She also name dropped that she knows the woman who wrote the song.

-Kelly had a tough time picking

-When Kelly picked Tanner, apparently the hype guy commented something about Marisa's facial expression but the audience didn't see it.

-Marisa was "visibly shook" and on the verge of tears. Apparently she described that she felt *dagger motion to the heart*. She said she was heartbroken.

-Gwen apparently commented that she had been saving her steal for Marisa.

1 hour ago, VoiceFan! said:

Why did Tanner make it instead of Marisa???

why didn’t Gwen save her steal- her KO was literally after Ben.

Country does better with the audience than powerful female voices - Kelly knows that, and Cher is an artist that's tricky to cover without coming off as gimmicky or trying too hard. 

As for why Gwen stole Ben rather than saving her steal - the sources we got said Gwen wanted a "country moment" when her country moment is sitting less than 20 feet away. I think Marissa would've been more interesting to watch (or Kelsie or Casme), but it is what it is.

2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

-Marisa apparently started rough with unusual/weird vocals but she recovered fully by the end

-Sources were mixed on Tanner, a few though he was good, another one said he made the song sound like bro country

That sounds like fodder vs fodder honestly, but one of them is country, so it would make sense to pick them since they have more success with the audience.

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

I´m actually interested in hearing him on the show. He´s got a deep gravelly tone that I like, and he doesn´t really sound like an ordinary country singer.

I checked him out on YouTube - if they play up the daddy/daughter stuff like they did for Hoot, that plus his tone could gain him some interest and lead to surprising results come the live rounds.

1 minute ago, LilBrooklyn18 said:

Marisa gave quite a lengthy speech about how she dieserved it.  and the hype guy wondered aloud several times after if her speech had convinced Kelly to choose otherwis, mentioning she talked too much

Yeah, that attitude probably didn´t help her case.

• Like 1