The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Y´all are already judging Tamara from a  5 second clip lol. Toneisha´s snippet from last season´s trailer was underwhelming as well, but her audition ended up being much better when we heard it in full. 

Her audition may be better than that 5 second clip. But comparing her to Kyla OR Kym...hmmm I don't think so.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

Her audition may be better than that 5 second clip. But comparing her to Kyla OR Kym...hmmm I don't think so.

You hit the nail on the head 😂. I actually prefer Rose's version of the song that Toneisha sang, sounds pretty generic for me (I DON'T hate her, I love her runs, but she is just boring at times, and super predictable (except for the instant save performance))

By the way, I hate how people spoils the results in the youtube comments, even on facebook I saw one. Can't they even shut their mouths or something 😂

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, echoap said:

In addition to spoiling unsolicited info, he's quite delusional. Ben's gonna be Gwen's top contestant? LMFAO :haha:

I mean, if we're only going by chair turns then TECHNICALLY he is (he's the only one of her live show team contestants to get more than two chairs) but the fact he lost his KO and had to be stolen to stay on the show in a season with several other country males makes it clear to anyone who's watched the show for more than a couple seasons that chair turns don't mean sh**. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Y´all are already judging Tamara from a  5 second clip lol. Toneisha´s snippet from last season´s trailer was underwhelming as well, but her audition ended up being much better when we heard it in full. 

totally agree - although i want to note that toneisha's full BA was not AMAZING it was just great, especially compared with her mediocre leak (i remember Someone648 saying something along the lines of "they leaked the worst part of her performance possible" LMAO).

• Like 2

Also since the person in the comments section clowned on themselves by posting spoilers, I decided to post: "no spoilers please, i really enjoy watching the season and getting to guess who goes far and everything :)" as a comment even though... that's obviously not true LMAO. I just wanted to play with them a little bit ;) 

Also, his comment is super far down even though it has a lot of upvotes, so it's good that everyone downvoted it!

(also, rip the highlighting thing idk how to fix that)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zainab Tufail said:

First Minivan and now some folks on YouTube are saying John L should go home there was even a comment which said I won't watch the show as long as John's there.

We all know as long as Blake is still there, Minivan will still watching no matter what, so they aren't fooling anyone. They can complain all they want in the Facebook page, but there is a reason why the producers called John in the first place and have kept him for four seasons; he's a musical icon, an EGOT winner, and the contestants actually know that, and that's why a lot of them pick him in the first place, he is well respected by other musicians, because he's really talented. But if these folks only can see his political viems and not his talent, that's their problem. I'm sure John doesn't care, i mean, he is still getting paid million of dollars every season just for sitting in a big red chair and having fun with the other coaches, LOL.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Zainab Tufail said:

First Minivan and now some folks on YouTube are saying John L should go home there was even a comment which said I won't watch the show as long as John's there.

🙄 at the people saying they won’t watch with John there. They’re just mad that he hates Trump.

On the plus side of that though, there may be less minivan

• Like 1

1 minute ago, B-B said:

🙄 at the people saying they won’t watch with John there. They’re just mad that he hates Trump.

On the plus side of that though, there may be less minivan

Lmao if we really wanted to keep country on the show but get rid of Minivan, get Natalie from The (Dixie) Chicks - Minivan cancelled the band years ago but country is a popular genre, so it'd change the demographics of the audience for sure without totally isolating an entire chunk of the artist base.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moonlighty said:

If we're talking about decent replacements for Blake, i too wanna make a suggestion: Kacey Musgraves - I LOVE her music, she's a succesful country artist and seems to be a really fun person, it'd be great to have her on the show IMO

She'd be a great choice, but if Blake announces he's leaving it's probably a safer assumption that the show's cancelled/about to end because ratings will TANK.

3 minutes ago, moonlighty said:

Yeah lol, but personally i don't think Blake is leaving nor i see any reason for him to do it, he is a great coach, seems to love the show and coaching his artists and he's basically being paid to sit in a red chair, have fun with the other coaches and his girlfriend from time to time

If I was getting paid that much to goof around with my friends + pass my knowledge of my industry onto other people who were as passionate as me about it, I wouldn't leave either. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Zainab Tufail said:

Trumpism is a dangerous plague in the US rn, but we have at least 4 or 5 more years until the US finishes its descent into this fascist madness. As far as I can tell, that's plenty of time to get at least five more regular seasons of The Voice! :thumbs: And who knows, there's a good chance the new regime will be OK with singing competition shows 😇

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Daillon said:

Tamara’s preview was decent but nothing too exciting. I am hoping the rest of the audition is better than the part they showed.

It was better than Makayla Phillips’ version on American Idol, so I was very impressed! :clap:

1 hour ago, moonlighty said:

If we're talking about decent replacements for Blake, i too wanna make a suggestion: Kacey Musgraves - I LOVE her music, she's a succesful country artist and seems to be a really fun person, it'd be great to have her on the show IMO

I doubt she’d do it, but she has a reality show pedigree. She was a contestant on Nashville Star. (So was Miranda Lambert ( ! ) and Chris Young, who actually won a season.)

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

She'd be a great choice, but if Blake announces he's leaving it's probably a safer assumption that the show's cancelled/about to end because ratings will TANK.

The ratings may tank but as long as Kelly stays on I’d like to think they’d keep it going for a few more seasons

2 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

It was better than Makayla Phillips’ version on American Idol, so I was very impressed! :clap:

Oh man that was a HUGE disappointment from Makayla 😂. I think the best cover so far of that song for me is from The Sun from the Masked Singer.

By the way, when does the show start again? I'm so ready for it!!