The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

4 minutes ago, realityshownerd said:

Guys what do you think about Liam St John? He’s personally one of my favorites, a dark horse for the finale for me.

He's my favorite on Team Gwen and I think his audition song is a good fit based on the snippets of songs I've heard him cover, I just think he may get lost in the shuffle if he's one of multiple artists in a similar vein to make the live shows.

9 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

There's obviously going to be controversy with a group performing on the show, which might be elevated given how the other trio on the show went, but otherwise I can see them being shielded from a lot of critique given they're Team Blake and the audience loves Blake. For me, it's going to depend how their audition goes (them being a four-chair turn makes me both excited and nervous, because four-chairs seem rare this season but I wonder if the coaches think they're legitimately that good or if they just wanted to see what was happening onstage).

#Itsthevoicenotthevoices is real, and a huge hurdle to overcome, as is three voices learning and rehearsing a new song every week, and staying on pitch. I’m actually surprised they’re bringing in another trio, after what happened with the Bundys. They were as hated by Minivan as any act I can remember. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

#Itsthevoicenotthevoices is real, and a huge hurdle to overcome, as is three voices learning and rehearsing a new song every week, and staying on pitch. I’m actually surprised they’re bringing in another trio, after what happened with the Bundys. They were as hated by Minivan as any act I can remember. 

Like @antikid pointed out, The Bundys also got into a good bit of controversy after their battle because it was three 20-somethings going up as one act against a solo 14-year-old. The Bundys also were more folk-rock (which generally does okay with the audiences if there's not a clear country alternative) vs. Worth the Wait going country in their audition (the Minivan favorite genre). If they stick to the country lane, they might manage to be Blake's third act in the lives* if they make it past the battles.

*note that I'm assuming KOs are still going on and they've removed KO steals, since we haven't heard if those are a thing but we know that battles get steals

27 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Like @antikid pointed out, The Bundys also got into a good bit of controversy after their battle because it was three 20-somethings going up as one act against a solo 14-year-old. The Bundys also were more folk-rock (which generally does okay with the audiences if there's not a clear country alternative) vs. Worth the Wait going country in their audition (the Minivan favorite genre). If they stick to the country lane, they might manage to be Blake's third act in the lives* if they make it past the battles.

*note that I'm assuming KOs are still going on and they've removed KO steals, since we haven't heard if those are a thing but we know that battles get steals

Could be, but I don’t have high hopes for them. The Bundys are much better singers , who had been singing together for years, and couldn’t make it work live. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Could be, but I don’t have high hopes for them. The Bundys are much better singers , who had been singing together for years, and couldn’t make it work live. 

That's true - anything can happen, though, and of all the coaches I'd say Blake is the least likely to make a choice for the lives that'll earn side-eye from me. We'll see how things play out.

Couple quick things

1) Van Andrew likes Lori McKenna, might instantly be my new favorite

2) the voice hair person did a live today and said they could only spend ten minutes with contestants, also said lives in December (but I don't know if she was being specific or general i,e, around December)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, seak05 said:

Couple quick things

1) Van Andrew likes Lori McKenna, might instantly be my new favorite

Gwen will try to give him a hair cut. There’s really no shortage of country/country adjacent males this season. This guy isn’t country, but he could be. TPTB knows what Minivan likes. 

7 hours ago, Dreamer2124 said:

How do y’all feel about trio on Blake’s team? Worth the Wait I think?

Here the thing.  Trio's (and to a less extent duo's) not only have to learn their part they have to learn all the parts to harmonize well.  They tend hang in till the show goes live,  but learning three ways to sing a song every week and integrating that into a cohesive harmony is a challenge to say the least.  Letting one lead (ie: Swon Bros) and the others backup could help them survive but who knows....that's a big change to pull off. 

5 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

Here the thing.  Trio's (and to a less extent duo's) not only have to learn their part they have to learn all the parts to harmonize well.  They tend hang in till the show goes live,  but learning three ways to sing a song every week and integrating that into a cohesive harmony is a challenge to say the least.  Letting one lead (ie: Swon Bros) and the others backup could help them survive but who knows....that's a big change to pull off. 

The Bundy's would have been better off with the one singing lead

1 hour ago, seak05 said:

The Bundy's would have been better off with the one singing lead

with the guy singing lead? he was my least favorite of the group, but iirc the most country, so that coulda worked out. their harmonies were beautiful in the battle though.

2 hours ago, ashwinner said:

with the guy singing lead? he was my least favorite of the group, but iirc the most country, so that coulda worked out. their harmonies were beautiful in the battle though.

He came in strong in the battle and  was the only one in the CB that wasn´t completely off pitch when singing by himself. And yeah, I agree that there should have been a lead vocalist. Big Swon did that in the Swon Brothers and it worked out perfectly. I wasn´t even a fan of them, but "Danny´s Song" was fantastic, and it worked out because of that dynamic.

Is there a lead vocalist in Worth the Wait? Or are they applying the Bundys´ structure? Cause that might cause them trouble in the lives.

8 hours ago, jus.vshn said:

She’s so good😭

I was never a huge fan of DeSz from the videos that I watched, but this was SO good! :wub: Great vocals, personality, and stage presence. 👍 I really need to look into her more. 😁

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Misirlou said:

He came in strong in the battle and  was the only one in the CB that wasn´t completely off pitch when singing by himself. And yeah, I agree that there should have been a lead vocalist. Big Swon did that in the Swon Brothers and it worked out perfectly. I wasn´t even a fan of them, but "Danny´s Song" was fantastic, and it worked out because of that dynamic.

Is there a lead vocalist in Worth the Wait? Or are they applying the Bundys´ structure? Cause that might cause them trouble in the lives.

It seems as if Mia, the daughter with long straight hair and no nose piercing takes the lead in most songs

On 8/20/2020 at 9:04 PM, realityshownerd said:

My Voice Team:

Desz

Liam St John

Taryn

Sam Stacy

Cami 
Kelsie

Sid

Lauren

Worth the Wait

Tamara

Here's my top 10

1- Sid Kingsley

2- Jim Ranger

3- John Holiday

4- Cami Clune

5- Taryn Papa

6- Lain Roy

7- Sam Stacy

8- Ben Allen

9- Worth the Wait

10- Tamara Jade/ DeSZ

This list might get changed after seeing the auditions, battles and KO's but as of right now this is my top 10

• Like 2