The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

There are too many of them, so I expect Blake and TPTB to thin the herd early. Get it down to one or two for the playoffs, on Blake’s team, and maybe one other on Gwen’s team. Look for Gwen to steal someone let go by Blake. 

Or my alternative, get rid of all of them in the battles and knockouts 😈  (now, the chance of that happening is less than Cami’s chance of winning :haha:). 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

There are too many of them, so I expect Blake and TPTB to thin the herd early. Get it down to one or two for the playoffs, on Blake’s team, and maybe one other on Gwen’s team. Look for Gwen to steal someone let go by Blake. 

I feel like Gwen is more likely to steal from John, but Kelly might steal from Blake. Gwen would be more likely to steal if Blake had a girl. 

As long as we don't get live cross battles or no knockouts or something, Blake will helpfully get rid of most of the country guys. 

7 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I feel like Gwen is more likely to steal from John, but Kelly might steal from Blake. Gwen would be more likely to steal if Blake had a girl. 

As long as we don't get live cross battles or no knockouts or something, Blake will helpfully get rid of most of the country guys. 

So, Gwen might steal Taryn if she’s available then. I don’t know, but they’d obviously like her to get a win, or at least have an artist public voted in to the finale for the first time ever. 

27 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

So, Gwen might steal Taryn if she’s available then. I don’t know, but they’d obviously like her to get a win, or at least have an artist public voted in to the finale for the first time ever. 

I feel like Cami Clune is right up Gwen's alley actually. But if the producers get a choice, I'm fairly certain they'd prefer a person of color winning over pushing any of the coaches. Gwen is never on two seasons in a row anyways, so I don't think they'll care that much about her winning. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I feel like Cami Clune is right up Gwen's alley actually. But if the producers get a choice, I'm fairly certain they'd prefer a person of color winning over pushing any of the coaches. Gwen is never on two seasons in a row anyways, so I don't think they'll care that much about her winning. 

They probably know who’s going to win (or a couple of contenders) after the first or second voting round, which gives them the opportunity to adjust their strategy. They have a history of pushing one coach every season, but they also know when it’s a lost cause. 

12 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

What is a deep cut, and why is that significant? 

No significance, I was just amused since Kelly sort of blocked him for her. And deep cut is just a song that most people wouldn't know i.e. not a single, or sung fairly often. This was a non-single from one of Blake's early (long haired) albums (she has a picture of the song on her instagram)

Edited by seak05
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, seak05 said:

Interestingly it looks like they've moved up Ellen's Game of games to the fall (it will be in the 9pm time slot after the voice). Wonder if that means we get a more normal voice season in the spring. 

I would seriously consider selling my soul for a normal spring season of The Voice, tbh.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

We’re all guilty of picking male country winners before we hear them sing a single note from the stage. 

We've heard enough from him since he was also on American Idol. And also he is not like all the other country singers go check him his voice is very very powerful.I don't know if he will win or not but if he gets the PV in the PO he will definately make the FINALE.

Edited by Zainab Tufail
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

We've heard enough from him since he was also on American Idol. And also he is not like all the other country singers go check him his voice is very very powerful.I don't know if he will or not but if he gets the PV in the PO he will definately make the FINALE.

How’d he do on AI? I’ve listened to him, he’s good. He’s not Blake’s only powerhouse, though. It will come down to which one he decides to bet his chips on. He might only keep one of them. Jim has the gender advantage, so we’ll see.

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

How’d he do on AI? I’ve listened to him, he’s good. He’s not Blake’s only powerhouse, though. It will come down to which one he decides to bet his chips on. He might only keep one of them. Jim has the gender advantage, so we’ll see.

He only got past the audition round. That was 10 years ago though. All we have to judge right now are a few YT covers and his albums, which were recorded a while back. He sounds surprisingly powerful from what I've heard, FWIW.

11 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

She is good as well and is one of my top 6 fav this season. I think her and Jim are Blake's two PV getter and both have a really great chance at winning or atleast making it to the FINALE. But then again we are all assuming this based on what we heard from them on youtube or from their albums. Only time will tell how well they both do on THE VOICE.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

She is good as well and is one of my top 6 fav this season. I think her and Jim are Blake's two PV getter and both have a really great chance at winning or atleast making it to the FINALE. But then again we are all assuming this based on what we heard from them on youtube or from their albums. Only time will tell how well they both do on THE VOICE.

Which is why I try to find as many LIVE performance videos as possible. The best ones are those recorded and posted by someone other than the contestant, like the one I posted above. Most contestants only post their best ones, and they are often edited. My least favorite are the IG clips or Youtube videos that have an artificial sound. I literally skip right over those, because they tell me nothing about how well they can sing. 

9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Which is why I try to find as many LIVE performance videos as possible. The best ones are those recorded and posted by someone other than the contestant, like the one I posted above. Most contestants only post their best ones, and they are often edited. My least favorite are the IG clips or Youtube videos that have an artificial sound. I literally skip right over those, because they tell me nothing about how well they can sing. 

Check this , it's awesome his voice is really powerful here

Edited by Zainab Tufail
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

Check this , it's awesome his voice is really powerful here

I’ve listened to it. I do my research. I will say there aren’t many live videos of him singing, but I’m sure he’s good enough anyway. 

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

I’ve listened to it. I do my research. I will say there aren’t many live videos of him singing, but I’m sure he’s good enough anyway. 

I hope both ( Taryn and Jim ) go as far as possible because I like them both

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

I hope both ( Taryn and Jim ) go as far as possible because I like them both

Don’t underestimate the ability of a coach or TPTB to marginalize (or prop up) a contestant, either through editing, coach comments, or song choices. Blake is a a master at the last two. He has very subtle ways of letting his fanbase know who he favors. We call it the “bat signal.” It almost always works. 

Edited by TeamAudra

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Don’t underestimate the ability of a coach or TPTB to marginalize a contestant, either through editing, coach comments, or song choices. Blake is a a master at the last two. He has very subtle ways of letting his fanbase know who he favors. We call it the “bat signal.” It almost always works. 

In S13 , S14 and S15 we all knew his favs were Chloe, Kyla and Kirk. But his voters also voted Red, Spensha and Chris k to the Finale, So I HOPE THIS happens again.

• Like 1

I agree that is unlikely that Jim wins one season after Todd, but right now I don’t see someone that could theorically surpass him in votes (Taryn is good, but 18+ country females have always had trouble on the show). I thought Thunderstorm, who gave close to perfect performances on every round, could beat him, but he ended up 3rd. We’ll see what happens tho.

4 hours ago, Daillon said:

I agree that is unlikely that Jim wins one season after Todd, but right now I don’t see someone that could theorically surpass him in votes (Taryn is good, but 18+ country females have always had trouble on the show). I thought Thunderstorm, who gave close to perfect performances on every round, could beat him, but he ended up 3rd. We’ll see what happens tho.

OK, let’s get specific. Which Team Blake 18+ country females had trouble?

Edited by TeamAudra

25 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

OK, let’s get specific. Which Team Blake 18+ country females had trouble?

Trouble on team Blake is relative, since unless they’re truly terrible basically everyone he chooses for live shows tends to make at least the semi-finals. 

He has not however had a female country winner in a long time. Lauren losing to Chris Blue still might be the biggest upset in voice history 

• Like 2