Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

Fast And Furious 6 (2013)

source.gif

Changed my mind! Omg, I didn't even realize this was an option so this is an easy cut for me. I hate this franchise, lol. Another blatant cash grab franchise... Anyways, Fast and Furious 6 is one of the 27 F&F movies released this decade. It stars Vin Diesel, Paul Walker in his second to last Fast movie, Michelle Rodriguez, and The Rock, among others. The premise of this movie is about the aftermath of the gang's successful heist in Rio prior that had left them rich but basically fugitives, all living in different parts of the world in hiding. The Rock plays Agent Hobbs who promises everyone a pardon if they help him track down even more evil mercenary drivers. Fun stuff. Sorry if anyone is fan.

Saving: Alice In Wonderland, because even though it was kind of a disappointment, the original is iconic and this list of movies is really not that great.

BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE

61lkXSagf1L._SL1000_.jpg

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was a highly anticipated movie. This is the first film to bring Batman and Superman into a live action film together. The two most recognizable superheroes duking it out on the big screen? This should be a fun, action-packed popcorn flick. I even went to the theaters to watch this movie. However, I was disappointed with this film. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was the worst thing a superhero movie can be: BORING! Honestly, the movie just dragged and dragged and took itself too seriously. It was no fun, and I was just ready for the film to finally be over by the time Batman and Superman finally faced off against each other. Superhero movies are so common nowadays, so bringing iconic characters to the big screen isn't enough. There also needs to be a good story and a plot that makes sense, but this movie was quite incoherent. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was the follow-up to Man of Steel (the first film to feature Henry Cavill as Superman). In this movie, we are introduced to Ben Affleck's portrayal of Batman. Batman believes Superman is a threat and causing harm to Earth, so he sets forward with a plan to stop him. There's also Lex Luthor played by Jesse Eisenberg and the introduction of Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman. With a runtime of 3 hours, I cannot bring myself to watch this movie again to give it another chance. It just was not an enjoyable film at all, despite the fact we see some of the most iconic superheroes together. It was a boring and gloomy disappointment. Sorry to any fans, but out goes Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice from the rankdown.

And I'll save Bad Teacher. I know this wasn't a great film either, but I do like Cameron Diaz. 🥰

BlankGrossHousefly-size_restricted.gif

AAAABVSUO4ToobWWynrkIxBMJ3DD8pxYq_zlcW110-yvmAz_M5aGLtbfbEuWkEsgT_hZz6gx41NbETHDzOaaDg3q5oYhZ-vxdgE-2R7D.png?r=fab

TVHN.gif

Having the chance to cut a superhero movie was an opportunity that I could not pass, and Green Lantern is the unfortunate victim - I doubt this cut will upset anyone considering that it's part of the DC franchise and not Marvel, and its rating on Rotten Tomatoes isn't that great. 

And now let's talk about the movie; It was released in 2011 where Ryan Reynolds plays the role of Hal Jordan also known as Green Lantern. In the movie, Hal Jordan is being appointed as the Green Lantern following the division of the universe into a bunch of sectors. Hal Jordan had some kind of mission where he was being trained by some people but it seems that it didn't too well for him - he decides to return to earth with the power ring and lantern. In the end, Hal becomes the hero for doing something that saved the planet or what's not - this is all I could understand from the summary I was reading on Wikipedia. 

As a whole, the movie underperformed its expectations and the critics were mixed on the movie, but the response was mainly negative. And just like, the movie is eliminated from the rankdown!

SAVING: G.B.F

Edited by *Chris

idk what to save so I'll ask if anyone wants something saved/has suggestions. Take the opportunity these don't come often except if you say Snow White or The Huntsman then lol f*ck off

The Huntsman: Winter's War

14597880472677.gif

Positive: the film had some really pretty visual moments. Negatives: I don't f*cking know where to start. I'm fully a believer that this bullsh!t film (well, more SW&TH than this) was just a stepping stone to get us to the "everyone gets a live action for N O S T A L G I A" phase we are living in right now. Idk how people pay money to see these blatant Disney cash grabs. The writing is terrible, the acting is bad (Jessica Chastain and Charlize Theron I hope you got paid well for this bc wtf, and let's not even talk about the other actors/actresses). The only positive is that this thing close to bombed comercially (they made the money back, but just that), so this is RIP for this sh!t idea. Bye!

Save: Sisters

A Bad Moms Christmas

BadMomsChristmas.jpg

giphy.gif

A Bad Moms Christmas is the sequel to the film Bad Moms and those two films have something in common, I haven't watched any of them 🙂

The films feature the same three leads from the first film: Mila Kunis, Kristen Bell and Kathryn Hahn. But now they have to deal with their mothers who come to visit for the Christmas holiday: Christine Baranski, Cheryl Hines and Susan Sarandon. To be honest this seems to be a great cast and I guess it was a success given that it grossed 130M against a budget of 28M. However the critics were not happy with it as it only received bad reviews, which is unfortunate considering the cast. Another sequel has been announced with Sarandon, Hines and Baranski reprising their roles.

Saving: The Purge Anarchy 

source.gif

THE SPY WHO DUMPED ME

I haven't seen this movie and have no desire to. It stars Mila Kunis (love her), Kate McKinnon (love her), Mr. Jennifer Aniston and Gillian Anderson (I guess in between seasons of Sex Education). It's supposed to be a satire of the spy genre but all the reviews seem to imply it didn't do that all too well. No shock there. It has a run time of 117 minutes, a budget of $40 million and made $73 at the box office, so it probably didn't make any profit all things considered. Also... how does one just casually spend $40 million on a movie? That sounds like a gigantic waste. Not as much of a waste as Blumhouse spending $5 million on their Black Christmas remake, but still.

SAVE: I don't f*cking care Justice League