Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

8 hours ago, *Chris said:

340?cb=20190405050906

giphy.gif

Released in 2016, the movie was inspired by the DC Comics of the same name & it features Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Jared Leto, Viola Davis, Scott Eastwood, and Care Delevingne.  The movie follows the aftermath of Superman's death where Task Force X is created - it is filled with criminals such as Deadshot, Harley Quinn, El Diablo, Captain Boomerang, Killer Croc, and Slipknot. The members of the task force are under Colonel Rick Flag's command, and they eventually fight other characters throughout the movie - it seems like your basic superheroes movie, in my opinion.  And while I've never seen this movie, I've heard terrible things regarding especially individuals who love DC Comics - it seems to be a good example why being box office success doesn't necessarily mean that the movie is good, and they thought creating a sequel was a good idea so that was a choice. 

SAVING: FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM

If you are talking about Birds of Prey that movie is genuinely really good. If you are talking about the upcoming Suicide Squad 2, we’ll I have more hope for that movie because they are changing directors

7 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

If you are talking about Birds of Prey that movie is genuinely really good. If you are talking about the upcoming Suicide Squad 2, we’ll I have more hope for that movie because they are changing directors

RT.

I Feel Pretty 

MV5BMGI3ZDRjZTQtMTMyYy00NGI4LWI2MjktNzMy

I am a little sad that I cannot just do a mini write up for this movie. I did not watch it but the trailer was irksome enough. I am slightly judging it from the trailers, so if this is wrong someone please correct me. (oops the movie is still gone. #mybad) 
The main character someone hits her head. She wakes up believing that she is the most beautiful woman on the planet. Ok. This sounds interesting. People find confidence attractive. Oh wait, it is also a comedy. Because she is overweight, someone being that confident is actually funny. Hmm. 

Saving Dumbo I guess 

DC has four good movies:

Wonder Woman

Birds of Prey

Aquaman

Shazam

I think the thing is that aside from Wonder Woman, the other three movies were made after Zach Snyder had to leave the DCEU due to family tragedy. With that in mind I actually do have a lot more hope that DC will be better from here on out. The only ones I'm more wary of are The Batman (but much more excited since they recast Ben Affleck) and Black Adam.

2 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

Aquaman and Shazam! were also good.

2 hours ago, .Rei said:

this 👆

33 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

DC has four good movies:

Wonder Woman

Birds of Prey

Aquaman

Shazam

I haven't seen Aquaman or Shazam, okay? :dead:

• Like 1

The Angry Birds Movie (2016)

giphy.gif

I have a funny story about this film. I took my brothers + my cousins to go see The Conjuring 2. All of them were underage except me, obviously. I forgot my ID at home so I wasn't able to buy them a ticket for the film. The next movie playing that was playing around The Conjuring 2 was The Angry Birds Movie. I bought 4 tickets for The Angry Birds Movie and 1 ticket for The Conjuring 2. They went to their theater and I went to mine. You would think that would be the end of the story? No, it wasn't. They didn't let me in to see The Conjuring 2 despite being over 21 over the time because I didn't have my ID and I looked younger. I was pissed and I grabbed my brothers out of The Angry Birds Movie and got a refund. We walked back which pissed me off because we got a ride there but the ride wasn't ready to pick us up because of the whole debacle. I have feeling towards this movie because of that. I played the game and I did end up watching the movie years later. It was meh. If you played the game you've seen the movie. The bird are angry. What more do you want? So to sum it up, The Angry Birds Movie is a animated comedy film based on the mobile game. The film was  produced by Columbia Pictures and Rovio Animation, and distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing. The film features the voices of Jason Sudeikis, Josh Gad, Danny McBride, Maya Rudolph, Kate McKinnon, Sean Penn, Tony Hale, Keegan-Michael Key, Bill Hader and Peter Dinklage. The movie was a mixed bag in terms of reviews with a 43% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. It made enough to warrant a sequel which was also eliminated this round. Bye The Angry Birds Movie franchise.

Save: The Lucky One (2012)

10 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Didn't it come out right before COVID-19?

No. It came out February 7, 2020. To put things into perspective Onward came out on March 6, 2020 and theaters closed a week and half later. So Bird of Prey had time to make some cash. Birds of Prey (as did many films) suffered because lack of other international markets that were closed because of COVID-19. So actually, yes and no. It was out for a month and 2 weeks compared to a film like Onward who only had a week and some days of release.

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

Didn't it come out right before COVID-19?

Yeah. Also for some reason it had bad word of mouth! (Mostly from Angry!Men). Like I had friends who didn’t realize it was good because they only heard bad things about it.