Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

Have at it!

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (2010)

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 (2011)

Taken 2 (2012)

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 (2013)

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (2013)

The Purge (2013)

You’re Next (2013)

22 Jump Street (2014)

Taken 3 (2014)

Fifty Shades of Gray (2015)

Insidious Chapter 3 (2015)

Allegiant (2016)

Independence Day: Resurgence (2016)

Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising (2016)

Now You See Me 2 (2016)

Pitch Perfect 3 (2017)

Fifty Shades Darker (2017)

Fifty Shades Freed (2018)

THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN - PART 1

poop GIF

Remember how splitting the last book into two movies for profit was a thing? Thankfully it stopped after Allegiant tanked at the box office. Why did we need five Twilight movies? Why did we need four Twilight books? Why did we need the Fifty Shades saga, which was originally written as BDSM Twilight fan fiction before it was changed? Since I can't just cut all of them, I'll cut Breaking Dawn Part 1 since it's the worst one of the movies. #lowstandards It stars queen of making the same face Kristen Stewart, Cedric Diggory, Taylor not Swift, Nikki Reed and the incredible Anna Kendrick. Why was Anna Kendrick saddled with this sh*t? Did it help her get famous enough to be in Pitch Perfect? That's the only thing I can think of.

Anyway I'm at 100 words and probably haven't even talked about the movie, but

SAVE: 22 Jump Street

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

I was going to ask why New Moon wasn't nominated but then I realized it's not from the 2010's. If I had to choose a favorite it would be New Moon.

Trust and believe, if I had the choice it would have been up there

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 (2013)

source.gif

Some of the worst novel-to-film adaptations ever. Horrendously bad. Laughably bad. Quite possibly one of the worst movies ever? Of course this movie is quite serious for all of the Twilight fans. Team Edward and Team Jacob would be upset with me. But IDGAF because The Cullen Family, Bella Swan, The Hot Topic Vampires, The Abercrombie & Fitch Werewolves all f*cking suck as actors. :dead:

To be honest, these books sucked as well. The books capitalized on the romantic drama fantasy craze that was going around at the time. This movie capitalized on the horrible trend of splitting final entries in a series into two parts for profit. Remember how creepy they made Renesmee Cullen look? LOL. There is no denying that the film was a massive financial success though, raking in $830 million dollars at the box office. The sixth highest-grossing film of 2012. YIKES. All of those teenage dollars wasted!!!

REMEMBER THE ENTIRE FAKE-OUT BATTLE SCENE?! :dead:

At least the film was nominated for seven Golden Raspberry Awards, winning seven, including Worst Picture of the Year!

My job here is done.

SAVING: You're Next (2013 dir. by Adam Wingard)

Just now, 1234567890 said:

I hear words but I don't understand.

During the Prop 8 ballot and subsequent measures, she would donate to the side that was against gay marriage with some of the book's profits.

eda79e85e853ebb22cd06edb6c0d85f4.gif

50 Shades of Grey

I am all for a sexy BDSM movie, my "private" collection can attest to that. LOL. But 50 Shades of Grey fails on pretty much all counts. Charlie Hunnam was originally supposed to be cast as Christian Grey which is something I could get behind but instead we got Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan, each of whom are attractive in their own right but have absolutely no chemistry together. I mean that gif above. There's nothing there! And when there's fundamentally nothing between Anastasia and Christian chemistry wise the whole movie just fails. It's really movies and books like 50 Shades of Grey that make media targeted towards women looked down upon and that really sucks. I give Sam Taylor-Johnson some credit for making an actual movie that kind of makes sense considering the book (really if we are talking about GLORIFIED FANFICTION THIS IS IT) is a piece of hot garbage. But overall it's just really really awful. Is this 100 words yet? I could add some more "reallys" in front of awful to get my point across. 

Saving: The Purge

3 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

I am all for a sexy BDSM movie, my "private" collection can attest to that.

ngl, I downloaded a torrent of it when it first came out because I was under the impression Jamie Dornan was going to be naked in it.

I was very disappointed.

Independence Day: Resurgence (2016)

tumblr_ol64jg3HgH1rwgnuio4_500.gifv

There was literally no reason to make this film if Will Smith was not going to star in it. He is the actor we all remember from the first one so why did they even bother continuing it without him? I think I forced myself to see this movie and I don't even remember if they explained his absence. After some research Captain Steven Hiller played by Will Smith died offscreen in 2007 in the film. After becoming a war hero in 1996 her died in 2007 when he tragically died test piloting the ESD's first alien hybrid fighter. Lame. Some actors like Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman and Vivica A. Fox returned for this but most of the characters I'm assuming were new additions. I'm taking too long on this write-up already. ndependence Day: Resurgence is a 2016 American epic science fiction disaster film directed by Roland Emmerichand written by Emmerich, Dean Devlin, Nicolas Wright, James A. Woods and James Vanderbilt. The film stars Liam Hemsworth, Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman, etc... It took place 20 years after the original and it's nowhere near as good. The film was considered a flop and was panned by audiences and critics alike. Do yourself a favor and just watch the original. And yes. I saved The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (2010) for the LOL'S of it all.

Save: The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (2010)

FIFTY SHADES FREED

MV5BMTYxOTQ1MzI0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzgwMzIxNDM@._V1_.jpg

Have I seen Fifty Shades Freed? Nope. Do I have any plans to watch Fifty Shades Freed or any of the other films in the series? Nope. This series became very popular, so I do know enough about it without needing to read the books or watch the movies. And I know enough about it to deem it as nothing but filth. If people are into kinky sex, then that's their prerogative. I'm not judging that. My issue with this is how it romanticizes abuse as it's about a woman agreeing to become a sex slave to this man. If Christian Grey wasn't rich and good-looking, he would be a hated villain. But fans of the series are fine with his actions since he is. The fact anyone can find this garbage Twilight fanfiction-inspired series good or romantic needs to reevaluate their taste in books and movies. And not only that, but the books are supposedly terribly written. Even with the problematic plot, nothing about these films have any redeeming qualities to justify its popularity. But hey - if Twilight fanfiction was able to make millions of dollars, then so can you! Anyway, I guess I should Google the plot of the movie. Fifty Shades Freed....okay, so basically this is a thriller. Anastasia and Christian are married now, but the past comes back to haunt them due to Anastasia's former boss stalking them. I can't be bothered to read the rest of the plot, so apologies for that. The film was critically panned with a 12% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, and one critic even called the film "sheer torture." Anyway, if there are any fans of this series in the rankdown....Sorry I'm not sorry for eliminating this filth.

And I'll save Now You See Me 2.

Edited by Steven_