Who sang "Stay" better?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who owned this Rihanna's hit?

• Maelyn Jarmon
    • Cedrice and Thunderstorm
    • India and Clinton
    • Amber Carrington
    • Alessandra and Joe

Sorry if I forgot someone, but for me these are the most remarkable performances!

IMHO: 1. Queen Maelyn outsold by far;

2. Amber as a runner-up;

3. Cedrice & Thunderstorm being close third;

4. India & Clinton remaining fourth;

5. Alessandra & Joe who?

1. Maelyn😍

2. Cedrice vs Thunderstorm - tied w/ 3

3. India vs Clinton - tied w/2

Haven't really watched the older seasons except for select performances. But you guys seem to think Amber is good.

1. Queen Maelyn: I was trying to rewatch all these performances, but I ended up watching Queen Maelyn like 12 more times :haha:. Everything was so perfect about this performance and it felt so intimate and impassioned. It almost got me in tears tbh. Best version by far :wub:

2. India vs Clinton: I loved how unique they sound individually and how well they blended together. The beginning was particularly amazing but they kinda oversang the second half. Still a remarkable performance nevertheless. 👍👌👏👏👏

3. Amber: She was great but this is not my favorite Amber performance. I personally didn't like some of her stylistic choices. Solid performance though. :thumbs:

4. Cedrice vs Thunderstorm: Weird song  choice for Thunderstorm. Cedrice was in her element and she's a goddess but I didn’t feel like they blended well together. 🤔

5. Alessandra vs Joe: Average at best. :yawn:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Haven't really watched the older seasons except for select performances. But you guys seem to think Amber is good.

Amber is extremely good...easily the best version until Maelyn ...but the correct answer is Maelyn.  

Maelyn

Amber

India vs Clinton

Still....this is a performance I'll never forget.  Simply stunning.

• Haha 1

1. Maelyn - Honestly this was of my "least favorite" Maelyn performances, but I blame her being sick at the time because Maelyn's run was perfection. This performance all but guaranteed her win, tbh. 

2. India vs Clinton - A very strong battle, I think I would have liked this more if India sang it solo but I can't deny how good the performance was.

3. Amber - Great job but I think she's had better than this.

4. Alessandra vs Joe - All I remember about this was being SHOOK Alessandra won.

I haven't seen Thunderstorm vs Cedrice because I don't watch the leaks anymore.

11 hours ago, Spurrious said:

Amber is extremely good...easily the best version until Maelyn ...but the correct answer is Maelyn.  

I dunno, after re-listening, I'm still going Amber. 

Maelyn is, without question, the better technical singer of the two. (Much more consistent.) But there was just something about Amber's choices, and the simple straight forward arrangement..that puts it over Maelyn for me. 

IMO, it's totally just a question of preference of styles. You can't sing that song better than either of them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

Is this even a question?

Logically no.  Emotionally maybe....Amber has been wearing that crown for a long time...so hers is like my favorite comfort food....it may not be Pecan Crusted Chilean Sea Bass with Lemon Butter and Capers....but it still makes my soul happy. 

• Like 2

(Adam Lambert?)

okay, I can’t find India’s version. Could someone post?

re Amber, agree, not her best. For me, a little too major key, a little too public /perform-y.

Not dissing Amber...she’s great on did-me-wrong songs, but maybe not for do-me-right songs? Anyway, I don’t believe her. I know it’s a commercial enterprise but Rihanna sings it, when Adam L sings it, you believe the damn words.

Just me...

Sorry, I found India and Clinton! Wow, I forgot how good a singer India is, and how beautiful. And Clinton is a good foil for her on this. 

Edited by tshe.ring
new information

7 hours ago, tshe.ring said:

(Adam Lambert?)

I'm gonna correct my statement. 

Mer mortals can not sing the song better than Amber and Maelyn. 

Adam Lambert is something else. 

I still remember watching him on idol and feeling lucky that I got to see him perform live every week. He is the only contestant that I have ever felt that way about - and he wasn't even my favorite that season. (Hello Miss Iraheta....) 

42 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

I'm gonna correct my statement. 

Mer mortals can not sing the song better than Amber and Maelyn. 

I still remember watching him on idol and feeling lucky that I got to see him perform live every week. He is the only contestant that I have ever felt that way about - and he wasn't even my favorite that season. (Hello Miss Iraheta....) 

This X thousand.. Including the Iraheta ref. 

• 2 weeks later...

Meh this song is very easy to sing. Like I've never seen someone sing it badly, even Rihanna lmao. I kind of finding it annoying when people choose it. It's way overdone and does not require much skill. There really is no issue with any of these options. Amber had the best live performance (maybe part of it was that Maelyn is sick but she seem to put on some weird accent as well). Maelyn's studio version is sublime though.  

All the battles were good as well. 

Edited by joe14