@Zoey - 6th

@1234567890 - 8th

@*Chris - 9th

@Solaris - 10th

@Elliott - 15th

@NGM - 16th

Public - 20th (tie)

@Alex95 - 21st

I ranked Kree 7th, which is higher than all the rankers except Zoey, which isn't really a surprise to me. Kree is one of my absolute favourites from the series for a lot of reasons. Season 12, without her, Candice and Angie, would have been an absolute write-off, but Kree's brand of effortless Patsy Cline-esque country music really did something for me. It was so refreshing after watching other country contestants (*coughLaurenAlainahack*) put what felt like a painful amount of effort into such mediocre performances and still get praise from the judges. Kree, on the other hand, knew how to convey so much emotion in her performances and had such a smooth, breathy tone, which is why I never really understood the "dead in the eyes" critiques she got from people around here.

AI-S12-final-3.JPG

As some people have already mentioned, my favourite performances from her were "Stars" during Hollywood week, "Up to the Mountain" (both the original in the Quarterfinals and the Reprise in the finale), "Evidence" which she sang when she made the Top 10, "Here Comes Goodbye" in the Top 3, "See You Again" during the Top 4 reprise week, "Don't Play That Song" at the Top 8 and "With A Little Help From My Friends" at the Top 9. The fact that she had standout performances almost every week from Hollywood to the finale proves that she really was that b*tch. That being said, I honestly didn't think she'd make the Top 2 since Angie was TCO and Candice was so consistent, but I think her Top 4 and Top 3 songs, both of which were dedicated to her late parents, really helped push her over the top. Her and Candice also delivered one of the best finales Idol has had, despite an extremely mediocre season and, although I prefer Kree, I also love Candice and think she was an extremely deserving winner, especially with her performances in the finale.

candice-glover-300-2.jpg&q=85

Since the show, Elliott and I have seen Kree live a few times. The Season 12 tour was the last one that came to Toronto, so we went to see that and were able to meet her, Candice and Angie and, as expected, she sounded just as good live. We've also seen her twice in Nashville, once in 2018 at the Love and Acceptance Concert, a show sponsored by GLAAD for LGBTQ+ equality (woke legend tbh), and once in 2019, where we got an early listen of her album "Chosen Family Tree", which was just released. We also got to meet her after that show too.

62140019_10213077852447019_1965625842105057280_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=XjL-rZSjl5MAX8lkZqW&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.xx&oh=655d65eac5acf595a96229f573683eff&oe=5F8C923C

Her original music has also kept my love for her going strong. Her first post Idol single "This Old Thing" is so catchy and I've listened to her new album, "Chosen Family Tree", approximately two dozen times since it came out. "Nothing in this World", "I Love the Lie", "Make It Easy", "Get Away with Anything" and "Chosen Family Tree" are my favourite tracks from it. I'm glad to she's still doing music and been able to stay true to her sound. Hopefully next summer, Elliott and I will be able to return to Nashville and see her perform again. With that being said, I'm glad she made the Top 20 this year. I wasn't sure if she would with this group of rankers, but I think she truly deserves to be in the conversation as one of the best female vocalists the show has had. I know it's a surprise to a lot of people that she placed this high, but I think she benefitted from being someone no one dislikes or would bus and, personally, I'm glad she made it here. 

On 8/31/2020 at 10:06 PM, *Chris said:

KREE HARRISON

Kree-Harrison.png

The runner-up on the 12th season, Kree Harrison is one of my all-time favourite contestant & one of my favourite country contestant since Carrie Underwood. During her time on Idol, I thought that Kree had an excellent journey & she was able to be fierce competition for Candice Glover - I personally found myself enjoying Kree more as I connected to her more than I did with Candice.  And in term of her performances, I believe that she delivered some outstanding performances especially during the end of the competition - some of my favourite performances includes "Stronger", "Crying", "Help Me Make It Through The Night", "See You Again", "Here Comes Goodbye" and "Up To The Mountain". 

It's truly a shame that she was never able to breakthrough into the country music scene despite all of her connections. And since her time on Idol, she has released two strong albums especially her most recent release, "Chosen Family Tree" which is exactly the kind of album I expected from Kree. 

Here praying that she receives a decent placement in this rankdown!

On 8/22/2020 at 10:56 PM, Alex95 said:

Kree's pretty much there for me. Season 12 was the Candice Glover show and everyone else was just fodder. Most of her performances just blended together. I was rooting for her more than I expected to just because the cast was so mediocre (even though she was a country singer). Her ~unofficial~ performance of "Evidence" was by far the best thing she did throughout the entire show and I wish she got funky like that more often. She seemed to just do a lot of generic country ballads I couldn't get to. Oh I also liked her performance of "Stars" in Hollywood I just remembered. I can't complain about her making the final two. Maybe I would've preferred Angie there, but really they're both kind of B- Idol contestants. I like Kree well enough and she was nice enough to Candice her victory.

Edited by sublymonal
  • Like 1

Kree is one of the best from Season 12, but for some reason, she just lacked something for me. 🙁 I liked Janelle better because I actually felt something from her performances (unpopular opinion :stealth:). Also, Emily Piriz’s version of Stars during Hollywood Week was WAY better than Kree’s... 😅 Anyway, considering that she is a great vocalist, I placed her a bit lower, so I kind of agree with this placement. I’m very happy to see Candice as the Season 12 winner! :clap: 

• Confused 2

25 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Kree is one of the best from Season 12, but for some reason, she just lacked something for me. 🙁 I liked Janelle better because I actually felt something from her performances (unpopular opinion :stealth:). Also, Emily Piriz’s version of Stars during Hollywood Week was WAY better than Kree’s... 😅 Anyway, considering that she is a great vocalist, I placed her a bit lower, so I kind of agree with this placement. I’m very happy to see Candice as the Season 12 winner! :clap: 

I’m generally confused by this, and I love both.

and Emily’s stars is far from being better than Kree. 

I wanna know what kind of fantasy you’re living in :haha:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, The Ghost of Weedy Speedy said:

I agree. I personally prefer Crystal's interpretation, but Kree's finale version was also sensational.

Honestly Crystal's performance is up there too (and I remember Kelly slaying this same song, don't think it was an official Idol performance). I guess there's just something about the song itself :haha: 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, *Chris said:

I’m generally confused by this, and I love both.

and Emily’s stars is far from being better than Kree. 

I wanna know what kind of fantasy you’re living in :haha:

Emily has a much prettier voice in my opinion. 🙂 I’m living in a weird fantasy that I love! :haha: 

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, #jeah said:

Honestly Crystal's performance is up there too (and I remember Kelly slaying this same song, don't think it was an official Idol performance). I guess there's just something about the song itself :haha: 

It really is one of those songs that if you can stick the landing, it’s a home run. The key change and the sweeping moments where the choir came in during Kree’s version just give me chills and Kree, Crystal and Kelly are all such good vocalists and so different.

• Like 1