Television Shows Rankdown

Steven_

5 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

I lowkey am too at this point lol. Around top 100ish is where the quality of the show deserves to be taking all seasons into consideration.

Walking Dead should be like 500ish though.

😍 at the first comment. 🤡 at the second comment.

His Dark Materials

vZI2o6G.jpg?1

His Dark Materials is a fantasy drama, based on the book series of the same name, that premiered in November 2019. 😮  Wow, I had no idea this was such a new show. Hopefully that makes this cut acceptable and I didn't see any objections. Please don't be mad at me for not reading minds. :dead:  Anyway, this show takes place in a multi-world reality, but begins in an alternate world where all the humans have animal companions called daemons, or manifestations of the human soul. What? I have to see this. :wub:  OMGG I just Googled and the animals are all so cute and beautiful. :wub:  

tumblr_prohl4IbjL1ulo7h4o1_400.gifv tumblr_prohl4IbjL1ulo7h4o2_400.gifv

tumblr_prohl4IbjL1ulo7h4o3_400.gifv tumblr_prohl4IbjL1ulo7h4o4_400.gifv

:wub: :wub: :wub:  This + the fantasy aspect of the show makes me think I could really enjoy this. I would want to read the books first. Anyway, the story follows the life of Lyra, who is an orphan and discovers a dangerous secret. 😮 She goes looking for her missing friend, and along the way, uncovers a bunch of kidnappings and their link to a mysterious substance called Dust.  This takes her on an epic journey that also includes her crossing paths with a boy named Will. 

4a7d22c2eceef85733dd12b2e1333399a07430d2

How pretty is this. :wub: 

His Dark Materials airs on BBC One in the United Kingdom, HBO in the United States, and I guess other places and channels as well. It was actually renewed for a season two before the series even premiered, which is amazing.  😮  Dang, I don't have HBO anymore, but I may search online to find this and start watching. My soul feels alive learning about this. :wub:  Now got to go and take a "What animal would your His Dark Materials daemon be?" quiz now, so bye. :giggle: 

Saving: Strictly Come Dancing

vJjIO1T.gif

4 minutes ago, miss denise said:

His Dark Materials

vZI2o6G.jpg?1

I'm glad you're enjoying what you researched about the show. :giggle: If you need an online link PM me! And the book are great as well (and the show does the first book justice, hence why I kept it around for so long). 

Shameless

emmy rossum drinking GIF by Shameless

FIONA DESERVED BETTER. EMMY ROSSUM DESERVED BETTER. I hate Shameless that is no secret. I cut the UK version thinking it was this version and had to do a whole new write-up so now I am happy to finally get the chance to cut this trash. It is so triggering and just terrible to me. William H. Macy is not good? Idk I felt he was praised for this role and the few episodes I have seen I just didn't think he did anything that worthy? especially when you think of so many female talented actress never get credit for their amazing work, it is very frustrating to me. IDK watching a show about a father who could care less about his children and is a massive alcoholic? no thank you. trash.

save Charmed (1998)

• Like 1

The Act

img_5705.png?resize=665,435

Gahh this is getting difficult but since Chris said The Act was likely to get cut….. I guess I might as well do this for the time being. So I haven’t heard of The Act  before so I am ready to learn about it now.

The Act is an American true crime drama anthology that was created by Nick Antosca and Michelle Dean. The Act is a Hulu original series that premiered on March 20, 2019 with 1 season and 8 episodes under its belt. stars Patricia Arquette, Joey King, AnnaSophia Robb, Chloe Sevigny and Calum Worthy. The Act is based on  the real life of Gyspsy Rose Blanchard (played by Joey King) who lives her life in a wheelchair due to an illness. She’s featured alongside her mother Dee Dee Blanchard (played by Patricia), who has accusations of abusing her daughter with altering illness and disabilities as a direct consequence of Munchausen syndrome by proxy. So Gypsy’s and Dee Dee’s relationship sours and get worse but  Gypsy needs and depends on her mother. Although she also rebels against her mother, whombecmes more protective, controlling and abusive - with her attempting to explore her sexuality.

Of course the show is critically acclaimed and successful with Patricia Arquette winning an Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Limited Series at the 71st Primetime Emmy Awards and Joey King receiving a nomination for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series.

Here’s a trailer of the show

Saving: Jersey Shore

giphy.gif

Scandal

250px-Scandal_Intertitle.png

My (extremely) slow work of cutting every Shondaland show continues. And now it's time for Scandal to leave. It's a political thriller, starring Kerry Washington as Olivia Pope, someone who has the talent of speaking really fast. Kidding (sorta). She started her crisis management firm and works within the political sphere of Washington, D.C. She also has a very on-and-off relationship with the President (who happens to be married). Honestly the show tries to be based off of reality, but the more I read some of these chapters summaries, the more I think someone is lying with that description. Anyway, never really cared for the show, and don't think it's anything that special from my very brief time watching it.

Save: La casa de las flores

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

I just realized how dumb I am signing up to nominate right before Wally because he can't nominate any of the shows that just got saved that he might've and he can pretty much only nominate shows I like 💀

:dead: 

Aww yeah I would have nominated some of these shows for sure, but I'll try my best to leave some of what i think are your top favorites alone. :haha: 

Inspector George Gently

ngph0kkjjxasbmuntfdn.jpg

I feel bad cutting an inspector show for the 2nd round in a row, but these cuts are getting harder to make. This is also going to be a real quick and dirty writeup  on my phone because I am currently out hunting for toilet paper and diapers (which is my own fault because I didn't shop like a doomsday prepper before the panic really set in around here, so now all of the stores have literally 0 toilet paper). But I digress... Anyways, Inspector George Gently is another British crime drama based on novels (these were written by Alan Hunter). The show stars Martin Shaw as George Gently, and Lee Ingleby as Sergeant John Bacchus.   The show aired from 2007-2017, but is set in the 1960s. George is a detective whose wife is killed in a hit and run. He is considering retiring before he moves to Northumberland to take on another case. Naturally this leads to another, and another. Looking at the episode descriptions, it seems like each episode is its own standalone case. As the show goes on, we find out that Gently's wife was actually killed not in a simple hit and run, but due to a large conspiracy that involved both police and political corruptions. The story came full circle by the end, with George Gently also meeting his end in the series finale (and tying up the murder of his wife once and for all). The British crime dramas really seem to like definitive endings! The show has very positive reviews, and again it sounds like something I would probably enjoy. But at this point, there's so few shows I'm willing to cut in each of these sets that ones I don't know tend to be what I wind up going with.

Saving: Archer

archer youre wrong GIF

Edited by ~*8Kay8*~