Television Shows Rankdown

Steven_

12 hours ago, Deeee said:

I just bought a Baby Yoda iPhone case from Disney. It's the best thing that ever happened to me. LOL.

I upgraded to the 11 Pro last week and the matted glass on the back feels too nice that I'm living on the edge and going caseless for the time being. :giggle: 

Girlfriends

Girlfriends-opening03-06.png

giphy.gif

Girlfriends is an American sitcom that aired on UPN from 2000 to 2008 for a total of 8 seasons and 172 episodes. That's all I can tell you about this show cause wikipedia doesn't have a plot summary of it. i found a review of a random person online and I'm just gonna quote it cause even though I haven't watched this show I know this person is right:

As a black Canadian I am impressed with Girlfriends because in my country Canada there is virtually no representation of black women on television. Hell, there is no representation of black people period on Canadian television unless it is some stereotypical crap. I was surprised when I found out that a white man Kelsey Grammar from Frasier fame was one of the executive producers behind this show. I am impressed that this show is NOT typecast! Some people that compare this show to Sex and the City got it all wrong. In fact, Girlfriends is much better because it is more realistic and more real. Girlfriends taps into the life I know about successful hardworking black women and one of the things I love about this show is that it does not hide away from race issues. One of the things I don't like about certain current sitcoms on television is that they try to hard to not be "real". And this show is very real. I do wish that Girlfriends got the RESPECT that it deserves. It just shows how racist America is though that this AMAZING show is only on UPN because its probably the only American network to give a show like this a CHANCE. Girlfriends should be getting A LOT MORE PRESS. Why haven't any of the actressses on girlfriends been nominated for an Emmy award or a Golden Globe award or a People's Choice Award? Is the rule that a show about black women doesn't mean it is critically acclaimed..This kind of thinking is unfair. I will continue to support this show because it is GROUNDBREAKING in a lot of ways...and I hope one day Girlfriends gets the PRESS it so richly DESERVES

Since I need to produce 100 original words im gonna focus on what I know: Tracee Ellis Ross is in this and I love her cause she pretty much kills it all the time on Black-ish.

The Game, a show that I was recently asked to not cut, is a spin-off of Girlfriends which I didn't know. I also didn't know about  the shows called Girlfriends or The Game so I'm clearly not well informed.

Sorry for the crappy write-up but I don't have the knowledge about it and I need to leave my computer now so this will have to do.

Saving You all know by know 

I’m sure you’ve all noticed I haven’t reached out to give safety requests anymore because I don’t feel comfortable accepting them in return. There’s too few shows left and I can’t keep them safe along with not nominating anything I like. I’m not playing petty though so I’m gonna do my best to keep popular shows off the list.

But there’s not a single show left that doesn’t have big fans. Just remember that. Noms won’t be till after work or so.

Though @NGM I do owe you for the Bojack save if you want.

3 hours ago, Alex95 said:

I’m sure you’ve all noticed I haven’t reached out to give safety requests anymore because I don’t feel comfortable accepting them in return. There’s too few shows left and I can’t keep them safe along with not nominating anything I like. I’m not playing petty though so I’m gonna do my best to keep popular shows off the list.

But there’s not a single show left that doesn’t have big fans. Just remember that. Noms won’t be till after work or so.

Though @NGM I do owe you for the Bojack save if you want.

sent you a DM

10 hours ago, ~Tom~ said:

Amazing write up on Riverdale Denise! And thanks for the shoutout Denise, it was my pleasure. :giggle: 

Like Chris, my favorites are Kevin, Moose, and Cheryl. I need to watch the later seasons though; I first watched it when I moved to my current apartment. Since I'm moving again, maybe I'll catch up after I get settled in. :haha: 

tenor.gif?itemid=12481201  :hug: 

I hope you can catch up eventually, and especially see the Luke Perry tribute. ❤️ 😢  Yay, make it a new home tradition. :giggle: 

Ugh, like I said with One Tree Hill, I don't know that I will do tributes for shows that aren't my assigned write-ups, but Friends is (obviously) one of my all-time favorites and deserves more. 😢 I at least want to post literally one of my favorite television moments EVER. :wub: :dead: 

This was very difficult. Trying to take into account people’s all time faves I could remember, not nominate shows I like (and leave alone critically acclaimed shows Wally will kill lol) I had a shortlist of like 33 I really thought there would be more and it’d be easier to knock down. But here we go:

Anne With An E

Dynasty

Inspector George Gently

Orange is the New Black

Pose

Prime Suspect (UK)

Scandal

The Act

The Fosters

La Casa De Las Flores

Reba

Shameless (US)