Television Shows Rankdown

Steven_

Making the Band

hqdefault.jpg

Making the Band is a show that I know of but never watched. It was a reality TV show that aired from 2000 to 2007 and focused on the creation of a music group and its road to fame and success. The show existed in separate iterations which each focusing in one specific music act. Making the Band 1 aired from 2000 to 2002 and was about the music group O-Town 

tenor.gif?itemid=5360197

This was the only iteration of the show where Lou Perlman was responsible for the formation of the group.

From Making the Band 2 and onwards, P. Diddy was now in charge of finding the talent for the groups. Making the Band 2 focused on the group Da Band and aired from 2002 to 2004. 

A-588972-1440425930-4019.png.jpg

Making the Band 3 focused on the musical act Danity Kane and aired from 2005 to 2006. 

UnsteadyScornfulAsiaticlesserfreshwaterc

The final iteration of the show, Making the Band 4 focused on two musical acts: Day26 and Donnie Klang and aired from 2007 to 2009. 

sHp2_C8u_400x400.jpg41XsJZnghnL.jpg

Out of all of those groups, O Town and Danity Kane are the ones I know of. I also know who Lou Pearlman was and all his stuff with fraud and money laundering and how he passed away while being incarcerated. According to wikipedia, there is an upcoming revival of the show which is set to premiere sometimes this year. Sorry to any fans of the show but out it goes from this rankdown.

Saving 

giphy.gif

The Vampire Diaries 

nina dobrev vampires GIF

Once again, I am cutting a show I started but never actually finished. It got a little too ridiculous even for me. Let's start with the basics. All vampire shows are just a little bit creepy. These over 100 year old vampires are dating teenagers. Then with this show, it's an added bonus of her looking just like someone else they both loved. (Katherine should have been the lead of this show k thanks bye). Weird. Stefan and Damon are both weird. Then there's Bonnie. She just deserves better. Really nothing else to say there. Caroline has some of the best character development in the series. That's a major bonus. They introduce the Originals later who I liked better than most of this cast. 

This show is not a good as Buffy. It's not even as good as True Blood. Bye bye now. 

Saving Jack Ryan 

Edited by aliasocfan

1 hour ago, aliasocfan said:

The Vampire Diaries 

nina dobrev vampires GIF

Once again, I am cutting a show I started but never actually finished. It got a little too ridiculous even for me. Let's start with the basics. All vampire shows are just a little bit creepy. These over 100 year old vampires are dating teenagers. Then with this show, it's an added bonus of her looking just like someone else they both loved. (Katherine should have been the lead of this show k thanks bye). Weird. Stefan and Damon are both weird. Then there's Bonnie. She just deserves better. Really nothing else to say there. Caroline has some of the best character development in the series. That's a major bonus. They introduce the Originals later who I liked better than most of this cast. 

This show is not a good as Buffy. It's not even as good as True Blood. Bye bye now. 

Saving Jack Ryan 

I watched through season 4 and had to quit not because I didn’t enjoy it but because I relate so hard to teenage vampires that I couldn’t make it through an episode without sobbing.

CYCLE 3
Image result for on the same team gif

NOMINATION ORDER
j3Iolsc.png

I hope you guys still like your teams, because Cycle 3 works the same as Cycle 2. The only difference is the nomination order. As a group, you and your teammates will nominate 24 television shows for elimination. You all must be in agreement with all 24 nominees. Once you all agree on your nominations, then one of you can post them here on the thread. The other 12 rankers will cut and save one show each from these nominations at a first come, first serve basis. You do NOT work as a group when it comes to cutting and saving shows. You only need to work in groups for nominations.

There are no additional twists. The rest of the rules are standard rankdown rules. Shows cannot be nominated in back-to-back rounds.

Reread the rules on the first page for the requirements for the write-ups, as well as the rule on refreshing. By the end of this first cycle, 60 television shows will be eliminated.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Good luck to your favorites!

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

Ah conflicted with Rei's post as I love Making the Band and sad to see it go, but happy for 3rd Rock's save. :haha: 

Ooh same groups! 😮 Nervcited for all of the next set of drama to occur.

dramatic drama GIF

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, miss denise said:

I feel like I have to put out a search party for this thread every day. :dead:   So many +/- games burying it. 

You could move this back to TV and Movies, right? The admin didn’t move the rankdowns; it was another moderator.