American Idol Unpopular Opinions Thread

countrynineteen

5 minutes ago, m1key said:

Jayna and Nya are pretty well liked on here though? I do agree with you that they do deserve more attention/love, but it doesn't really make sense to direct that hate towards Abi. 

The internet and social media in general.

i kinda couldn't deal with kaibrienne's performance last night. she didn't really mess up on the vocal, per se, but she just looked really uncomfortable singing up there. like when the brief guitar solo started, she just kinda stood there next to him for two seconds, only to return to center stage like she couldn't wait for the performance to be over. it was great that she actually sang a rock song, but i felt zero conviction coming from her.

not the worst of last night, mind you – will definitely was giving "go, girl, give us nothing!", if anyone – but she needs to actually try and own the stage next time she goes uptempo. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, peachfuz said:

i kinda couldn't deal with kaibrienne's performance last night. she didn't really mess up on the vocal, per se, but she just looked really uncomfortable singing up there. like when the brief guitar solo started, she just kinda stood there next to him for two seconds, only to return to center stage like she couldn't wait for the performance to be over. it was great that she actually sang a rock song, but i felt zero conviction coming from her.

not the worst of last night, mind you – will definitely was giving "go, girl, give us nothing!", if anyone – but she needs to actually try and own the stage next time she goes uptempo. 

I wholeheartedly agree. I thought her vocal was one of her better ones, but she was so uncomfortable on the stage. Her movements all looked stiff and posed and not natural.

My unpopular opinion is that I truly believe that Jack Blocker might end up winning American Idol this season. I don't think I'm going to be happy about it since I'd really like to see Abi win. But, in my opinion, Jack is playing the Idol game masterfully and his journey on the show is starting to remind me a lot of Chayce Beckham's journey on the show. And if Chayce was able to beat out Grace and Willie for the title during the season that he was on the show, I see no reason why Jack can't end up doing the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I haven't seen the shows yet but I like having wildcards? Even if they get eliminated the next weeks it's a chance for the judges to get a final say and those people get 1 or 2 more performances.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Winterfan said:

My unpopular opinion is that I truly believe that Jack Blocker might end up winning American Idol this season. I don't think I'm going to be happy about it since I'd really like to see Abi win. But, in my opinion, Jack is playing the Idol game masterfully and his journey on the show is starting to remind me a lot of Chayce Beckham's journey on the show. And if Chayce was able to beat out Grace and Willie for the title during the season that he was on the show, I see no reason why Jack can't end up doing the same.

I agree with this, the Phillip Phillip vibes are strong with this one

On 4/19/2024 at 11:12 AM, m1key said:

Jayna and Nya are pretty well liked on here though? I do agree with you that they do deserve more attention/love, but it doesn't really make sense to direct that hate towards Abi. 

I just don't understand. I know I am new here and personally biased toward Abi, but I just don't get the hatred. You can like her vocally or not, but it is not her fault what the producers put out about her and it is not her fault what they don't put out about other people. She really liked Roman and Jayna and was astounded by their talent. She never said anything but positive comments about them. I am sure she is sad they were voted off too because she got to know them personally and respected them, but none of this is her fault so why does she get targeted? I just don't understand. 

Edited by AuntTami
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Shireen said:

This is by far the worst of the Disney seasons and it aint even close.

Nah that be 2020 Idol. Like it's not even a fair comparison. lol

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, KelseyW said:

Nah that be 2020 Idol. Like it's not even a fair comparison. lol

Right like obviously the covid season was the worst. Most of the best ppl (Lauren Spencer smith, Makayla etc) got booted way too early

Edited by Anythingcanhappen
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, rockerannah said:

I feel like you're not allowed to dislike female contestants on here.

Yup.  And you're not allowed to like any male contestants on here, lol.  Every poll you see will be the same - the girls are killing it, blah, blah.  The guys are horrible, blah blah.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

Yup.  And you're not allowed to like any male contestants on here, lol.  Every poll you see will be the same - the girls are killing it, blah, blah.  The guys are horrible, blah blah.

It really is something. I usually prefer the females too, but this is too much bias, even for me! :haha:

The Voice section is also heavily weighted toward the females, but not like this. 

• Like 1

Just now, TeamAudra said:

It really is something. I usually prefer the females too, but this is too much bias, even for me! :haha:

The Voice section is also heavily weighted toward the females, but not like this. 

Sometimes I'm afraid to say anything about the females, especially being a Kayko and Jack fan. Might get my head ripped off.

Instagram is different. I love Kayko but made a comment about his ugly sweater and got ripped apart haha

Kayko is overhated, i kind of dig his style, but yeah, some of his songwriting doesn't work for me, but i can understand the appeal and his Radiohead cover was not as bad as some people here made it out to be 

(Also, he is really hot)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rockerannah said:

I feel like you're not allowed to dislike female contestants on here.

as someone who actively contributes to the female stan echochamber, i'm sorry that you feel that way! obviously i have my own biases but i think it is important that people bring varying perspectives to the table (unless that perspective is just snarky or rude). 

31 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Season 20 exists...

i would put 17, 18, and 21 all below 20 :ph34rwave:

• Sad 1

I watched McKenna’s performance of “hard to say I’m sorry” again and it was good? The first time I saw it I thought it was below average. Lol I had a Simon moment. I remember he’d always say he watched performances again and changed his mind on them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, m1key said:

as someone who actively contributes to the female stan echochamber, i'm sorry that you feel that way! obviously i have my own biases but i think it is important that people bring varying perspectives to the table (unless that perspective is just snarky or rude). 

i would put 17, 18, and 21 all below 20 :ph34rwave:

I mean no one has been downright rude to me, but I obviously am a fan of Kayko and Jack and a lot of times when I post stuff about them or ranking people etc, I get the "confused" emoji reaction. Or if I comment that I didn't or don't care for something about about one of the gals, people reply defending them hardcore.

8 minutes ago, Anythingcanhappen said:

I watched McKenna’s performance of “hard to say I’m sorry” again and it was good? The first time I saw it I thought it was below average. Lol I had a Simon moment. I remember he’d always say he watched performances again and changed his mind on them.

I liked it as well!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rockerannah said:

I mean no one has been downright rude to me, but I obviously am a fan of Kayko and Jack and a lot of times when I post stuff about them or ranking people etc, I get the "confused" emoji reaction. Or if I comment that I didn't or don't care for something about about one of the gals, people reply defending them hardcore.

There are always some fanbases on this board who go straight in to defence mode instead of just letting opinions differ. :yes: They feel as if they must react to every post and you’ll soon learn to ignore them. I’ve actually got a fair few on “ignore” so don’t see their reactions or posts.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rockerannah said:

Keep this in mind.  The contestants who aren't popular on IDF - tends to do well after the show.  Whereas the favorites here tend to disappear. 

There are those here who will never vote for a guy period, regardless of their performance.  Which is ironic, since they are doing the same thing they are accusing the "minivan" crowd of.

• Like 2